COUNTRY CUP 2010

Would you like to see a Hall of Fame and Dinner presentaion on Monday Night

• Total voters

ThEOnE

Hey People of the land, Rob has put an entry in his Blog asking what we would like to see at C/C 2010 in Mildura and he will try and deliver, so I though putting up a forum for it would be easier to access, lets get behind him and make next years event even better.
Jason

I'll start.
Open bar for all non bowling sponsors.

That'll make some presentations fun!

Rob, Lisa and crew, just treat everyone like you do at the Marathon, no one can seriously complain about that.

Conditions? Tough but fair, you bowl well, you get a good result, errors shouldn't be rewarded. If everyone has a look, then the best teams will fight it out.

Not really sure what more people can want but a fair go.

Is the 'superteam draft' happening?

Maybe if anything we could have a dinner on the Friday night or maybe even the Monday night have a presentation dinner. Because we are so far away alot will probably go back Tuesday so lets make a night of it on the Monday. Just a thought. Also next year we definitley need more sledging and warning and yellow and red cards to be thrown out the window. Are you coming up Wayne? HAHAHA

Deano

I'll start.
Rob, Lisa and crew, just treat everyone like you do at the Marathon, no one can seriously complain about that.

Conditions? Tough but fair, you bowl well, you get a good result, errors shouldn't be rewarded. If everyone has a look, then the best teams will fight it out.

Not really sure what more people can want but a fair go.

Cant argue with that post.

No one wants a carry fest, and no one wants it to be unscorable either.

Just want a good fair competitive weekend.

Do I read into this that you will not be bowling??

Rob

Mate, I'd love to bowl, but my 'home' will be in Melbourne (I'll still own a house in the country though, doesn't that count for something?).
I know there is a loop hole - we wont go into it here.
Its the ethics of exploiting the loophole I guess.

Depends on where I sanction doesnt it? ;)
Hmmmmmmmm

Deano, 'Superteam Draft' was a 'what if' conversation over three or nine beers in Albury - would be fun. You're Captain by the way :p.

Captain of the Superteam hey. That would be different. Thanks but no thanks. Sunraysia all the way.

Deano

Maybe if anything we could have a dinner on the Friday night or maybe even the Monday night have a presentation dinner. Because we are so far away alot will probably go back Tuesday so lets make a night of it on the Monday. Just a thought. Also next year we definitley need more sledging and warning and yellow and red cards to be thrown out the window. Are you coming up Wayne? HAHAHA

Deano

Defiantly would love to see a dinner somewhere on the Saturday or Sunday night. As for the warnings and the cards?? Im sure we can make an exception for Wayne.:D

From the look of the scores and the 'sledging a guy who wasn't even there' fun you all had with the infamous 'Chester #1' shirt, why even bother bowling next year. Why not just get all the guys and gals together for a weekend piss-up?

Defiantly would love to see a dinner somewhere on the Saturday or Sunday night. As for the warnings and the cards?? Im sure we can make an exception for Wayne.:D

Hogs Breath Cafe is opening here in the next week or 2, so by next year they should be able to cook like the ones in the capital cities.. that would be a good place for it.

A presentation dinner on the Monday night would be awesome, just like pres shield and eastcoast presentation balls.
I vote HELL YEAH!:drunk:
Game of "Whack, f**k" (Commonly called Golf to people who can play) on the Friday to 'warm up'?????:D
All this might be premature though, still have to make the team to go up!

If all teams are staying on the Monday night then a dinner presentation would be awesome. Would need to get it approved by all associations but would be a great way to top off a great weekend.

A pre Golf/fun day on the Friday would be good for all the people that arrive early - We organised a golf day last time we were there but it be great to see some other associations get involved.

Dinner on a Sat/Sun night hard because even if we stay at 10 teams last game finish 10pmish

As far as everything else goes - I am sure that the hospitality will be first class (hopefully Rob will be able to bowl) and whatever pattern is put down we all have to bowl on it.

Make sure we take care of those leftys though Rob;) :fishing:

Personally I prefer a more challenging condition rather than a carryfest - somthing that challenges those remaining brain cells

maybe ring girls who walk across the approach during games breaks, showing the round the teams would be playing next

I know from my visit for the Marathon it will be a great weekend so the only thing I want is to be on the lanes with you all rather then behind the counter lol...

'sledging a guy who wasn't even there' fun you all had with the infamous 'Chester #1' shirt,

The shirt wasn't about sledging the guy that wasnt there it was about taking the mickey out of him

If you want to see some real sledging - put your name down for next year
and before you get on here and tell us all how you have been sledged by the best in the world don't bother - save your fingers ;)

I for one, would like to see Wayne in the side.

Adds another element to the game. I seem to remember us doing well last time, AND Wayne was not at his best.

Although he did not bowl well, he did his job.

Put me down for the golf, and the dinner on Monday night. An excellant idea.

I for one, would like to see Wayne in the side.

Adds another element to the game. I seem to remember us doing well last time, AND Wayne was not at his best.

Although he did not bowl well, he did his job.

Put me down for the golf, and the dinner on Monday night. An excellant idea.

Someone must have stolen Mr Farqy's log In info:p

Rob

Back
Top Bottom