Comments required by all TB Members and Tournament Bowlers

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Welcome to www.tenpinevents.com.au

Tenpin Events is a Tournament website that has been set up for bowlers to enter tournaments online, and for Tournament Directors to market their events to everyone in Australia. Already there are some 110 tournaments listed between now and the end of the year.

The website has been produced after a lot of research within the industry. Firstly, the bowlers often couldn’t find events to enter, or were unaware that a tournament was being held – hence participation rates have dropped. Secondly, tournament organisers were getting disappointed in the lack of participation, and are running less and less tournaments as a result. And finally, bowling centres were not putting out tournament entry forms. With the combination of these things happening, Tenpin Events has made it easier for both the bowlers and the Tournament Directors.

The website can be found at www.tenpinevents.com.au. Within the site you can choose the state you wish to bowl in, select ‘date’ to put the events into date order, and then select any event from the website to view it. Once you have registered with the website, you do not need to complete your details every time you enter a tournament.

When booking a tournament through the website there is a $2.50 (PLUS.gst) booking fee, which is small in comparison to paying $3.80 for bank cheques, money orders, postage etc and the time it takes out of your day. You have the option of paying by credit card, debt card, eftpos or direct deposit. Immediately your tournament is finalised, you will receive confirmation of your booking, and an email is automatically sent to the Tournament Director to register you for the event.

As you take a tour around the website you may find the some events as yet don’t have entry forms. These tournaments have been put there for you to pre-register your interest for the event. When an entry form is posted on the website you will be notified, and if you still wish, you may then enter the event. In the future, the website will be handling many other aspects of the bowling industry, and those registered on the site will be emailed of updates as they happen.

We welcome any comments or suggestions regarding the website, and along with Total Bowling we look forward to servicing the bowling community.

Karen Cooke.

In principal not a bad idea, however we are all well and truly covered by what Jase and the team do on this site. Is it overkill I ask?

Secondly, where do people get off charging a $2.75 fee for this service? It costs nothing to pay by cash, debit card or credit card at the centre holding the tournament.

Participation rates ARE down, we are the first to acknowledge that, BUT it is nothing to do with the promotion of tournaments, moreso the farcical way some of them are being run, ie lane conditions, prize money being reduced and people not being advised of such until check-in & etc.

Max

My question, where does this fee go. And I agree with max it doesn't cost to pay at the bowl either by cash, debit or credit cards..........

Also who is running or incharge of this website?

What is the point of that website?
After all TB is recognised around australia and parts of the world, so why bother creating an events website, when most of the events are posted on here for everyone too see. With the current setuo you can simply post your registration for an event on here for no charge and then give the bowl or the TD a quick call and pay the required amount, all for less than $2.75.

If we are having a problem getting the word around about Totalbowling.com.au being here for the bowlers out there, what problems are we going to face trying to let the bowlers know about an events website.

If bowling centre's and tournament directors were serious about promoting their events, they would start here first, where alot of your regular Tournament Bowlers frequently visit.

I personally think that it gives people the opportunity to use it if they wish and therefore decide whether they wish to spend the money. However, after looking on the site I have to ask, who supplied information for the tournaments already posted?

I am the Secretary for the ATBSO in the ACT and our Masters tournament is listed, although I am pretty sure we did not ask for it to listed. Not that I mind it being promoted, and I understand that it is hard to launch a site without content. However, one glaring error is the date for closing entries - should be 27 July not 2 August. We also have a form that is available but it is not attached.

Certainly the idea is great and if it becomes well used by bowlers then it goes without saying that we would promote our tournaments - BUT, before you post up details, please make sure those details are correct.

Angy Campbell
Secretary
ATBSO of ACT (Inc)

No way would I pay to book for a tournament. I would say this wedsite is a waste of space.:wtf1: :giljotiini:

I personally think that it gives people the opportunity to use it if they wish and therefore decide whether they wish to spend the money. However, after looking on the site I have to ask, who supplied information for the tournaments already posted?
I am the Secretary for the ATBSO in the ACT and our Masters tournament is listed, although I am pretty sure we did not ask for it to listed. Not that I mind it being promoted, and I understand that it is hard to launch a site without content. However, one glaring error is the date for closing entries - should be 27 July not 2 August. We also have a form that is available but it is not attached.
Certainly the idea is great and if it becomes well used by bowlers then it goes without saying that we would promote our tournaments - BUT, before you post up details, please make sure those details are correct.
Angy Campbell
Secretary
ATBSO of ACT (Inc)

I would say they have got alot of there tournament dates off the Total Bowling calendar, and the TBA website, don't hold me to that, but I don't know of many more places they could get them from.

My question, where does this fee go. And I agree with max it doesn't cost to pay at the bowl either by cash, debit or credit cards..........
Also who is running or incharge of this website?
I can answer that (at an educated guess in the industry); renting hosting space, potentially renting data warehousing, paying for development (who wrote the site - and for what, peanuts?) AND making a card transaction incurs a fee - middlemen have to charge.

So I understand why there's a cost, but I agree with the general opinion here, why would we the bowlers choose to use it?!?

Are you kidding me, www.totalbowling.com.au already provides this service and much more, why give $2.50 to someone else when Jase does it for free for bowlers.

I don't like it and I don't believe there is a need for it, it clearly is a money making device which the bowlers are paying for. No thanks

Personally, I dont have a big drama with it, although i can find most of the information on this website.

While Total Bowling reaches Aust wide, it seems to predominantly used by the eastern states. Interestingly, there are 33 tourneys on in WA coming up. I didnt realise there was such a good tourney scene over there.

I probably wont use the service personally, but it's interesting to have a look. Good luck to the owners of the site.

Merit in a global listing of tournaments, but cannot see why you would pay extra to go in a tournament!!

How do funds get to the tournament directors???

To create a site that does this, does not cost thousands any more, so if it did, they have just cost themself some I reckon...

lol........have to agree with george is just stupid but in a way it will be easer to find wen tornys are on BECAUSE the centers around hear dont send forms out but 2 bucks lol just look em up on that site than just put your name down on this web page but meh its up to who ever wants to use it =) and + y book thay dont fill up anny way? unless some thing happens thats another story tho

potter

Jase,

I can understand the logic for this website, so why not arrange the tournaments by state in the National Tournaments Forum?

Whats the point of using another website and paying some ridicules booking fee for tournament entry and information when it can all be accessed on TotalBowling for free. Isn't tournament entry and info a big part of what TotalBowling is for? This new website would have been a great idea, BEFORE TotalBowling was invented

What a joke. Why pay when it's free here, and has been for years. Jase at Totalbowling spends his own time running the website, getting the scores, travelling and doing scores at the same time, along with some great support staff, eg Kellie and co. If they get there information of here, Jase you should charge them $2.75 to copy entry dates of this website.

I was looking at bowling the Australia Cup in Canberra this year. I thought it was 1st & 2nd December. But according to this new wonder site it commences on Thursday 1st November 2007. Midweek tournaments, must be something new to drum up entries.
Can anyone confirm the tournament is 1st - 2nd December.

Jase,
I can understand the logic for this website, so why not arrange the tournaments by state in the National Tournaments Forum?
Whats the point of using another website and paying some ridicules booking fee for tournament entry and information when it can all be accessed on TotalBowling for free. Isn't tournament entry and info a big part of what TotalBowling is for? This new website would have been a great idea, BEFORE TotalBowling was invented

Deadman, Jase doesnt own this new site and had nothing to do with setting it up, nor is it his idea. This site is run and owned by other people not Jase. I mean he provides this site for free and this site wouldn't be what it is today without all of the members. But at the end of the day, for a service that has been free for years and has given us so much information about our game and our players why would he start charging now.

Personally, Why would I want to pay for something that Jase, Kellie, Chowny & the other mods do so well.....

Sorry, thanks but no thanks

Jase should put a donation section in for Total bowling. I would rather donate money to this site. :smiley.php: Jase keep up the good work.

Great idea if there wasnt a Calender already setup on www.totalbowling.com.au

The calender only runs on what is put into it, generally it is kept up to date with what we know is going on.

Tournament bowlers have come to recognise TB as there source for tounament information. It has taken many years to have the site brought up to a level were its known to be the place for information.

TB offers the complete package, tournament entry forms, entries, results, live scoring whenever possible and events photo hosting.

TB would easily be seen as the primary source for information that covers all events TBA affiliated or not. Like anything, if your trying to maintain 2 sources of information your bound to make mistake's.

Why not just become more involve in established database instead of starting another one?

Back
Top Bottom