Comments required by all TB Members and Tournament Bowlers

I thought the fee was only if you choose to book through the site? The entry forms and the like are also a free service on this new site as far as I can see, have I missed something there? Jase provides a forum for Australian bowling. Not a credit card payment option to pay deposits.

Personally, if the only cost involved is if someone wishes to pay a deposit, and you choose not to pay a deposit, then there will be no cost?

$2.50 to save me getting off my ass and going to the post office for a money order? Sounds easy to me.

From a tournament directors point of view, the people that put their name down and don't rock up are the worst people to have entering the tournament in the first place. Perhaps this site provides no excuses not to pay a deposit?

$2.50 per entrant to get bowlers to pay a deposit? Hell, I'd pay that out of sponsorship money or my own pocket if I could. At least then you can be assured that when squads are full before the event, they will run full on the day. I had 8 people JUST NOT ROCK UP to the last sports event. Wanna know how hard that makes the admin side of a tournament?

My opinion was asked, and I gave it. I'm sure i'll get flamed for seeing the positive side of the new site.

p.s. on edit: I think you can pay a few deposits with the one booking fee??? Can the owners of the site confirm this?

I also find it difficult to understand the need for this new site, and what is also a concern is the future operation and funding of the site.

When will they start to take advertising? And dont tell me they won't - if its a commercial venture, advertising is inevitable.

That is money that could go to TB whose owner already donates thousands (and yes thats not a mis-print) of dollars annually in sponsorship money.

I wonder if this new site will also provide sponsorship money?
(I won't hold my breath.)

$2.50 Every time I wanted to pay a deposit?????????????????
Why??? When I could just ring the bowl directly
Why??? Would I give my credit card details to some site that I don't know who it is, I don't know if they are trustworthly, I also wouldn't want my credit card details stored with them, what happens if they go bust, and take's everbody's money.

I think this site might want everybody's personal details and a record of bowlers in this country for a reason.

Who runs this site??? Is it TBA?? or a branch of TBA or by your post Tonx, is it you running it.

Deadman, Jase doesnt own this new site and had nothing to do with setting it up, nor is it his idea. This site is run and owned by other people not Jase. I mean he provides this site for free and this site wouldn't be what it is today without all of the members. But at the end of the day, for a service that has been free for years and has given us so much information about our game and our players why would he start charging now.
Hey Kellie I think you miss understood what I was saying. I know Jase doesn't own or have anything to do with this new website I was just making a suggestion to Jase that tournaments in the national Tournament Forum should be arranged by state like this new website.

I can see where everyone does not see a need for a site like this one with the current existence of totalbowling.
However as you all are aware time is money and as Graham decided to move onto greener pastures how long are we gauranteed to have totalbowling here for us or at least accessible for gratis in its current form. If sponsorship was pulled would it still be viable for Jason and the likes to run it?
I would also be careful to cast doubts on the trust worthiness of people in an open forum without having all the facts at your fingertips. Not having legal training myself I would still think you are skating on thin ice there.
What I will say is that this site does provide both bowlers and tournament directors with a more certain means of catering for an event. As they say money talks bull**** walks.
As Andrew said not every bowler has the courtesy to inform a tournament that they are not going to show up.
After all I would suspect that tournament directors would much prefer the new site than totalbowling as they have immediate concrete proof of actual numbers.
Any site that promotes tournaments is an asset to our sport especially considering the current climate due to the Macquarie takeover of AMF centres. I have failed to see any support whatsoever for bowling as a sport from AMF since this time. However maybe someone can enlighten me to this support if they are aware of it.

You have failed to see any support from AMF, well who do you think is the major sponsor for this site.....

Wouldn't be too quick to bag them.

Well I've had a chat with Ms Cooke, and I now understand the concept.

This will actually take up a good gap that totalbowling doesn't - proactive marketing of events. Sign up for particular type of event notifications in particular areas, and you don't need to go looking for the information.

Whilst I may not use the site for deposits etc, I will use it to keep me advised of what's on. I think when this gets going it will compliment totalbowling nicely

I will use it to keep me advised of what's on. I think when this gets going it will compliment totalbowling nicely

Well good luck with keeping advised about whats going on.
When you've done that I suggest you check with Total Bowling or the Tournament Organisers for the correct information.

The first event I checked on was the SQ State Champs and the info re that event was incorrect.

The info had obviously been entered without any consultation. And it wouldnt have been too hard to enter the correct details as Qld has its own website with the championship details listed in full.

When you've done that I suggest you check with Total Bowling or the Tournament Organisers for the correct information.
Like I said:
JWhitty said:
...when this gets going...
Totalbowling is all well and good for the regular crowd, I'm not trying to take away from it at all, but this is offering to reach a wider community - particularly the many many many people that won't touch totalbowling for the crapping on that happens at times

Knowing in advance that something is at least planned is helpful - when was SPC on totalbowling? July. When was it slotted onto the calendar? Last November perhaps?

Yes, SPC is a bad example because it's always on at the same time, but I'm sure you can see the point.

So how about those of you who are resistant to change, don't make the change. The rest of us (and particularly the bowlers outside the scratch events apparently) will give this site its chance. If it fails, it fails, but I'm going to give it the chance to prove itself before I dismiss it.

Something i will just never understand.....
Someone tries to do something to help bowling in this country, they try by a means 'they' think will help and all the majority of tournament bowlers on this website can do is shut it down like its in competetion with TB.

Its not a whose got a bigger willy comp. It's;s obvious that Jase and his team do more than enough to help our sport via this website and all their voluneteering......im sure Jase wouldnt mind some help!!!

I wish this site all the very best of luck, should it be successful, then great, us Aussie bowlers need as much help knowing about as many events as possible.
If you dont want to use it, then don't. But why come on here and bag it out?????????

And we wonder why tournament bowling is hurting????

Shame on you!

Belmo

ps- What can the majoirty of TB members say they have done to improve tournament bowling in this country?????
I'm happy to wait till you think of something worth saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone has made a site to help bowling in some way and you all bag it thats wrong.. everyone is quick to say bowling sucks its going down the drain and various other comments.. and then someone makes a site that could help all of us alot and you all try to run it into the ground.. comeon everyone we all have to start supporting the people that are putting in the hard yards to keep bowling alive and hopefully moving forward..

Something i will just never understand.....
Someone tries to do something to help bowling in this country, they try by a means 'they' think will help and all the majority of tournament bowlers on this website can do is shut it down like its in competetion with TB.
Thats exactly why people wont show their support for this new site because of their loyalty to total bowling because of what TB has done for them and the sport over several years now. I acknowledge what the new nite is trying to do for the sport but I know where my loyalty lies. Its up to people if they choose to use the site or not and if people disagree with the site being there and the booking fee then they have the right to make an opinion like everyone else

Thats exactly why people wont show their support for this new site because of their loyalty to total bowling because of what TB has done for them and the sport over several years now. I acknowledge what the new nite is trying to do for the sport but I know where my loyalty lies. Its up to people if they choose to use the site or not and if people disagree with the site being there and the booking fee then they have the right to make an opinion like everyone else

Mate,

I do agree with you about the loyalty to this site.

Totalbowling is and will always be my first choice bowling website from around the world, but i would like you to see the other side of the loyalty coin.......and thats to bowling.

This new website will never have the members totalbowling has nor will it drag anyone away from this site, but surely the more bowling on any screen (TV or CPU) is a benefit to bowling.

Also it shows that this new website has people behind it who do want to help the competitive side to bowling. (which is rare to find this day and age)

I love hearing other peoples opinons on any matter on any subject but i dont condone it when something that 'may' help the sport of bowling, even if it is just a few entries, is slapped in the face for no apparent reason other than because it's NEW.
(Deadman inc, i have re-read your posts and im not singling you out on this matter, you are someone who has looked at logically and made their mind up.....just like i have.)

If you dont want to use it, no worries, judging by the comments on this thread some of TB members wont, thats OK.

Granted, some of the infomation that has been submitted in this new site is wrong, and if they dont pick up their act then like this thread in a month, it will just carry dust on it.

What ever the fate of the new site is, if it has helped get a few extra bowlers to bowl in tournaments around the country then well done to them.
Becase i think its safe to say that bowling needs help right now.......

And let me be the first to say that if Totalbowling wasn't around, competitve bowling would of died long ago.

Belmo

Exactly why bowling is this country is stagnant. Whenever someone thinks outside the box and tries to do something different to promote the sport of tenpin bowling every man and his dog cant wait to bag the sh1t out of them
I say good on you Karen for at least trying to do something positive. I dont think she is trying to compete with TB, just provide an alternative process for getting tournament info and entering events.
I applaud anyone willing to get off there arse and try somehing different.
This sport needs more people willing to give not just take all the time

Well Jase, you posted it so what's your opinion?

Do you have any links to this site and how did you find out about it?

Dave Kuhn

From what I have seen and from what I have been told, the new site has the potential to greatly help the bowling community when it comes to tournaments. It isn't setup to rival Total bowling, there isn't going to be a great "tenpinevents" forum or social network like on here, so why is everyone so sure that it's a bad thing for Jase & TB?

I believe that if it can be setup with correct information and made available to ALL bowling centres (regardless of corporate affiliation) and ALL bowlers then it will only be a good thing for tournament bowling in Australia. How many times have we seen events clash and when it's pointed out the reply is "I didn't know!" Even when both events are listed on here. Why? Because it's human nature to be lazy and when you see a link in the forum saying "BLAH BLAH Championships - Register here" you jump in and sign up without checking calanders because that would be too much effort. I'm not suggesting everyone does that, but most people, including myself, have done so at times. Having a definative tournament website, where all events are listed so you can see the clashes before you select, is a great idea and makes life easier for all.

How many times have you missed out on hearing about an event because you bowl in an independant centre and for some reason the forms for an event at an AMF centre aren't available? As a junior in NSW, I never knew about things like East Coast and Presidents Shield because the centre only ever promoted company events. I would have loved to be able to go to a site and see what was happening. Even now, I'm sure there are events I'd like to bowl in but don't know about. I'm going to NSW for a couple of weeks in October, I'd love to bowl in something while I'm up there but there's nothing on the TB calender and I can't be bothered trawling through the NSW forum to find something. I don't really expect Jase to do all the work for me and list everything (would be nice!) so I guess I just won't bowl up there. If only there was a new event site where someone had the job of listing all the events so I could easily check, register and pay my entry fee.....

I hope the site goes well for everyone involved, and I ask all the bowlers on here to stop worrying that Jase is under siege or that the site is there for an evil purpose. Movie tickets, sporting events, concerts, plays and other such things can all be searched for, booked and paid for (For a modest booking fee) online, so why not bowling events?

Luke Adkins

If it was a free service like totalbowling I'd have no problem with it, its promoting the sport, great! My problem is the 'booking fee'. I feel as though it is an attempt to exploit bowlers and make more money out of them.

Yes they are providing a service and most services are not free but between totalbowling and tenpin.org.au we've got everything covered without paying an extra $2.50.

I have sat back and watched all the support from the forum members and feel its time I said my opinion on this…

David the answer to your question is NO TotalBowling or myself or anyone associated with TB have any ties with this site…I first heard about it some months ago in a phone call from someone, then it all went quiet so I wasn’t sure what was happening, then this week I had a phone call from Robert Zikman explaining briefly what it was about and how it would work, then received an email and they also said they would put a link to TotalBowling on there site…I was informed that they would like to work closely with TB so I figured well what other choices do I have I either do or don’t…So I am at this stage unless I see it become a threat to TB…

Firstly let me start off by thanking you all for your support for TotalBowling and yes Androooo I think your post has a lot of merit but to be honest its like anything regardless who charges for a service people want something for there money, weather it be a $2.75 charge or a $275.00 charge people want to know what they are getting for the money they are handing over…

Secondly I struggle to see how having another web site will increase participation levels in our sport, tenpin bowling participation levels are down for a number of reasons not just the fact that its not posted up on the internet… if people believe that no one actually knows about TotalBowling then how do we propose to try and get a new website out there other than advertising, promotional products, signage and sponsorships…How are we going to spread the word about new web sites any quicker than old ones, lets face it the quickest way to get it out there was to ask me to launch it here, so TotalBowling must have some pull…If we are having a problem getting the word around about Totalbowling then they will have the same problems trying to let the bowlers know about an events website or any website for that matter….(This is just my opinion)…TB was asked to work closely with this site…I am not exactly sure what that means now other than launching it here, other than that this site seems to look after its self…

TotalBowling offers the complete package as far as I am concerned from tournament entry forms; Squad Lists; results; news and announcements; and live scoring whenever possible and even event photo hosting…I would like to look at trying to get to even more events next year, Youth etc…

TotalBowling would easily be seen as the primary source for information that covers all events TBA affiliated or not, and like anything, if you’re trying to maintain 2 sources of information your bound to make mistakes, as the new site has already shown…There are also a lot of MAJOR tournaments not even shown on that site…I wont say that Tb is perfect but I think if your launching something then I think that you should try and get it as close to perfect as possible…

Steve has some valid points…I agree with him, what will be happening with all our information that we supply them…Yes I have added myself to that site…I wanted to know first hand what was required to register right down to Names, address’s phone numbers and so on… TB only ever has your real names and email address, and sometimes there not 100% correct in both cases…Asking for Address and phone numbers is a little bit much in my opinion…

If anything has come from this I have learnt that TB has had a great system but, Adam is correct in saying we need to layout our tournaments section a little better and we will see some changes over the coming weeks so maybe Adam can start a thread in comments and suggestions about it and people can add some of there suggestions and solutions as we go…Kellie has a great idea in that area also, and we are working on that as we speak…

Terry your comments too are valid, but I can assure you that the new web site WILL NOT give you any more concrete proof of numbers than any other site would…I cannot see how tournament directors would much prefer the new site than TotalBowling I mean to log into your email and add entries or on here and add entries isn’t any extra work is it…TotalBowling will continue to accept names and entries for all events that are listed and will still continue to have all entry forms listed…And Terry if TB sponsorship and support was pulled I would find away to make it viable for us to run it…

Yes Jeff SPC was only posted on this site in July, but you tell me how it is going to get to TotalBowling or on this new site any earlier if the National Tournament Director only had the entry form finished one week ago...Please enlighten me as to how this new site or any other new site could ascertain the entry form any earlier if the National Tournament Director only completes them two months prior to the event…Perhaps this is a problem that needs to be addressed…I mean the National Ranked events all have dates for next year usually by the end of this year, maybe its time we had formats and entry forms finalised and approved by TBA at the same time…This has to help the bowlers with planning ahead and also booking accommodation and flights in advance…

So in the short of things…

• I am not sure if it will help Boost Numbers.
  • I am not sure what happens with all our details or why it was necessary to need to fill everything in.
  • I don’t like that fact that things are done behind the scenes, meaning you cannot be 100% sure that favoritism isn’t given to friends when posting for squads when they become full or close to it…Here at TB most of the time EVERYONE can see the squad lists and when someone is added in front of you or not…
In closing I am prepared to help them where possible and if as Jeff says complements TB that’s well and good but, if it becomes a head ache I am sure I can take some Panadol…

If they can find a way to get there site out there quicker then tell me the secret…And Jeff sooner that people start changing the minds of those that think that crapping on as you put it still happens on TotalBowling, the sooner we can all start to move forward in the sport…If the site has it from time to time then don’t read it…Sometimes like this thread it’s a difference of opinion not crapping on…TotalBowling is more than just a forum…

Back
Top Bottom