Change of Date Gold Coast Masters & Chall.

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
The roll-off for the Gold Coast Masters & Association Challenge Team has been changed to Saturday December 16th. Check-in 9.00am Queensland time bowl 9.30am.
The reason for the change is to avoid a clash with the Tweed X-Mas tournament.

The fact that I have Sunday tickets for the first Test has nothing to do with it.

Andrew, as 1 of those bowlers who has to work sat to make a living how do i qualify for the association challenge now ?

Thanks

Craig

Craig we're sorry and we know it may affect some people but we really dont want to rule out all those Tweed bowlers who might want to compete.

Forgive me for saying, but did you ask all other bowlers if the date change would suit them, or was it only the fact that the squeaky wheel got the oil, and what was wrong with any other SUNDAY between now and then?

I agree that the date should be changed, if it clashes with a tournament for the tweed bowlers, but why not a Sunday?

I am fairly certain that more bowlers would be able to front up on a Sunday morning then a Saturday.

Craig.

We could'nt ask any other bowlers as we dont have any entries yet, so we wouldn't know who to ask.
The entry forms aren't even out.
This date was only changed after a pretty careful study of Tournament dates already scheduled.

Craig,

Not to throw a spanner in the works...but the date couldn't be brought forward for the event as I think it would be too rushed...and looking at the other dates after the roll off it would clash with...

Sundays only i am looking at here on the Calendar...

The weekend before the roll off... Clashes with Mary's Twin Tour
The weekend of the roll off...Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin XMAS Classic
The weekend of December 3rd...Brunswick Australia Cup *Tuggeranong, ACT
The weekend of December 9th and 10th Redcliffe City Open at Redcliffe Qld
The weekend of December 17th Pearson Automotive Sport Series
The weekend of December 24th is free (Christmas Eve though)

This is a busy time of year and yes i also work Saturdays... i will try my best to be there also...as leading up to Christmas my business always gets a rush on...

Well i whish the Gold Coast team all the luck when they bowl next year for I am fairly posistive I will not be eligble, I will nominate and hope that luck is on my side(I can get in without rolling off, works for the girls team and they kick butt every year!)

And no hard feelings to anyone I was just trying to get my point across. :D

Ashy

I would love to have you roll off for the team, mate (still shaking my head at your 246 triplex last Friday night). Maybe the association could pick you as one of the 2 selected team members.

Andrew why the rush to have this roll off pre Xmas maybe we could look at January roll off (Sunday). The event is not for 6 months remember!!!

Jim

Good to see you also rolling off Jim...It would be a shame for anyone to miss the opportunity to roll off of there respected associations...

I think the early roll off is so that fundraisers and shirts/practice sessions and the likes can be organized...I don’t mind when they date is set but i am sure if you were to even move it early January that there would be someone else it wouldn't suit... I suppose if we want it bad enough we will shuffle things around…

I am sue the association is doing there best to please everyone involved.

Really the Region Committee doesnt have an opinion regarding the month when it's bowled off.
The basic reason it was moved forward was that almost the entire squad asked for this 2 years ago in order to have more time for both fundraising and payment schedules.
Some people are fortunate enough to be able to write out one cq for the entire amount needed to cover their costs, but most people prefer to put in a small amount weekly or monthly.
As Jason says, we also need plenty of time to order uniforms and of equal importance to book and send a deposit for accommodation.

Well I too am in the same boat as you Craig. I too won't be rolling off coz of the date change as I won't be here in the country and I am sure someone else won't roll off too. Good luck to those who do.

I know I might not be up to the standard I used to be but I sure was looking forward to the challenge of having a go.

Its very dissapointing.

Entry forms aren't even out yet and already there has been a couple of debarkles. Well thats three out so far, I hope you get more than 3 from tweed that are going to bowl a so called X-mas Tourney. Hope its worth it.

Hey Andrew

Im interested in rolling off for the Gold Coast association team, is there anything that i need to be aware of before the roll off?? Thanks

Kimberley - Rose

Hi K-R
You will need to have 18 sanctioned league games up in a Gold Coast Centre this year prior to the actual roll-off.
You also need to be either a Full, Associate, or Life member of either Mt Warren, Burleigh, Ashmore or Tweed.

Hey Andrew
Im interested in rolling off for the Gold Coast association team, is there anything that i need to be aware of before the roll off?? Thanks
Kimberley - Rose
Also a good team spirit and a sense of humor(havew to put up with danny as manager) and be willing to have fun bowling a team game.

Best teams tournament I have ever been envolved with.

Craig

Ashy
I would love to have you roll off for the team, mate (still shaking my head at your 246 triplex last Friday night). Maybe the association could pick you as one of the 2 selected team members.
Andrew why the rush to have this roll off pre Xmas maybe we could look at January roll off (Sunday). The event is not for 6 months remember!!!
Jim
Thanks for the vote of confidence Jim, but it's up to the powers that be ( which means I'm stuffed!! :p ).

Also a good team spirit and a sense of humor(havew to put up with danny as manager) and be willing to have fun bowling a team game.
Best teams tournament I have ever been envolved with.
Craig
hahaha try having him for a captain in tassie ashy.

Hope something gets sorted and u can roll off or get selected mate.

Maybe a hairstyle like mine would help you :D

ill be there making up the numbers roll off day :D

Hey Andrew
Kimberley - Rose
Im pretty sure you have to be Bowling in a Goldcoast league at the time of the Association Challenge in June, than you can pull out if you want, I guess you will be policeing that Andrew??? if that is a rule, where are the rules for this tornament?? Does any one know??

Back
Top Bottom