Bad sportsmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.
D4Iceman said:
By the way, for all you youngsters out there, we made a lot more noise in the 60's and 70's than you do these days and we didn't have huge sound systems blaring in the background!

And in the 60's and 70's kids got belted when they didn't show some respect.

My goodness! What a little exaggeration can do to a little incident!
I think you have got your little boyfriend a bit of publicity that was not necessary Crunchie.
As i said to you on the day when you where reading the rule book trying to make a mountain out of a molehill! GET OVER IT!

In your post you said Phillip was celebrating a good game and generally having a good time. I must have been delirious at the time because when i walked over to him he was clapping like a firecracker at a missed pin? :eek:

So let me tell you all exactly what happened.

Phillip was skitching (yes his hands) at every shot he had! Very bloody loud, so loud that he was annoying the crap out of me 4 lanes up! And it is pretty hard to annoy me because i bowl with Tony Hamilton and Steve Hampson in my league team. The final straw for me was when he did it right when i was releasing my shot. (Contrary to what Les said there wasn't a whole heap of shoe skitching and cheering going on, it was more like a whole heap of people shaking there head going "what a little bastard" I wish he would cut that crap out!)
So after this i went up and said to Phil just knock it off a bit mate. (Or something like that Phil! ;) ) After i walked away he intentionally double clapped right when i was having my shot! Extremely loud! Thats when Mick went up and had a go at him. In my opinion if it was done on purpose he was probably the deserved of a punch in the head, which is probably why Mick had a go at him!
Phillip said sorry to me when we met up on the lanes later and that was it, neither of us thought it would turn into this.
So everyone stop fabricating crap hey?

As for being someone who puts nothing into the sport Tiger, I have probably donated more to bowling this year (at no benefit to myself, because no matter how much you donate the only people who seem to thank you are the tournament organisers. I have even had people whinge when they won a $420 ball i donated and want to swap it because it wouldn't suit there game)then you have donated in your whole life! But i will put that down to a bad case of foot in mouth disease on your behalf because you appear to be a victim of some massive exaggeration from Crunchie. I am very understanding and get quite excited and noisy sometimes too mate but i don't do that shoe squeeking or skitching especially if someone has asked me not too!

And as for Phillip hitting the person or pissing them off more on purpose Wafe, I think Phillip realised it probably wasn't a good idea! ;)

And Les as for the tournament director being too busy to look into it, what was she doing with Phillips girlfriend reading the rule book.

Anyway i have to bowl now, im sure my post will get picked to pieces, so i look forward to reading when i am very bored again. Talk to you all soon.

Well done, Cruchie/Kirsten or whatever your name is?
What is your name if you where there in the crowd by the way? Go on tell us!

Ronnie

Your way off the track Peter. At no stage was Phillip disrespectful - we had a short chat about the situation and I made the complaint. Indeed, I thought Phillip showed great control.

Ronnie, smell the flowers and leave others out of it. I hope you've got the guts to apologise for your slander.

I was clapping more than Phillip and louder................

D4Iceman said:
5. I asked for the Tournament Director to come down but she was too busy counting money.

6. I spoke to the Centre Manager but he isn't a bowler and couldn't help.

7. I spoke to the Tournament Director about 10 minutes later and told her I wanted to make a complaint against Mick P., if he had a complaint he should've gone through the Tournament Director.

8. As far as I am concerned, it's now up to Aspley if they want to take any action.

Just to clarify the tournament director was in fact George the centre manager & the promotions manager was with your daughter while she was reading the rule book!!!!

As Ronnie said it was all over when Phillip apologised. Why would Phillip apologise if he'd REALLY done nothing wrong as you said????

Ronnie's post sums it up perfectly and we can always rely on Ronnie to give us something interesting to read
**You go Ronnie, you're a bloody legend**

Ronnie doesn't owe anyone any apologies becasue there was NO slander in his post as everything he said was true. Maybe Kirsten should stop trying so hard to fit in.

Rachel

Sorry Mrs Reggars/Spicer, it was your mum who told me she was the TD and she never came over to Kirsten. I've just spoken to Ronnie and he's going to make a retraction. You must've been hiding somewhere, no-one seems to remember you being there? I'm sorry I tried to put things straight.
Say whatever you like now, I won't be playing your silly little games anymore....

The Reggae said:
Just to clarify the tournament director was in fact George the centre manager & the promotions manager was with your daughter while she was reading the rule book!!!!

As Ronnie said it was all over when Phillip apologised. Why would Phillip apologise if he'd REALLY done nothing wrong as you said????

Ronnie's post sums it up perfectly and we can always rely on Ronnie to give us something interesting to read
**You go Ronnie, you're a bloody legend**

Ronnie doesn't owe anyone any apologies becasue there was NO slander in his post as everything he said was true. Maybe Kirsten should stop trying so hard to fit in. Rachel

OK In my Opinion, what you said that i have highlighted that is going way off the subject and was not neccersary to be said. And that just got a little bit personal don't you think?? You took that comment WAY TOO FAR

all right all right lets hear my story now. gather round the fire kiddies ive got a good one for you. it all started one sunday afternoon when uncle philly was bowling. and was bowling well too i might add. i got an awesome strike and did what i call skitching (i dont call skitching with the foot i call skicthing clapping at the pins which i am perfectly allowed to do, i never actually used my foot at all in the making of noise i draw enough attention anyway, i mean look at my name of course i am going to get attention). anyways i clapped my hands, for the sake of the ppl who call it that, after a very good ball to get my self going for the next shot. i had just come back from bowling when ronnie came up to me and said a few quiet words saying that he was letting the ball go when i did that. i was like ok then. i was playing with him but in my head i didnt want to do it again when he was bowling so i checked when he was bowling before i got up for my next shot. my next shot was a cracker and i loved it so to show my joy i clapped my hands again and i thought i was on a roll. turns out it was on the wrong lane which was alright coz i was pretty confident with the way i was bowling that i could keep it going. just as i was coming off the approach mick came up to me and said a few irate words "uve already had one warning, now make that two. do it again and i will take u out" was awhat i think he said but i am not 100% sure. i wasnt clapping at leaving pins i was clapping coz i got a good strike. anyways i wasnt very happy with the way a supposedly respected bowler int he centre had come up to me like that, when what i did was is still is to my knowledge a perfectly legal thing to do. people who have seen me in full flight can recognise me as a thing i do and i will not change for anyone contrary to what people might say or do to me i dont really care what people say i go out there to do a job and that is to bowl well, not to make sure everyone else is happy.

well i wasnt happy with what was said to me and it put me off my next shot and a few shots after and i opened a few for a 199, which could have easily been a 230+ game with no interuptions. anyway people who were around me could sense that i was p oed and tried to calm me down. by the end of the game i was alright and i shot a 230 game in the next game, but i didnt feel comfortable as it wasnt me bowling, it was me bowling to please everyone which i dont do. i dont go out there to make other people happy but myself. poeople would have seen this at state masters over the last two yrs when i have come 2nd and got knocked out averaging 220 in different yrs. i like to whoop it up and no one will ever stop me from doing that as it helps me to strive to beter things in the sport. if u dont like it dont bowl, coz i wont quit to make people happy.

also the next game i started with 6 in a row but people could see that i wasnt looking cumfy on the lanes as i couldnt be myself. i ended up with 240 after getting unlunky a few times but not to worry it happens in bowling. i got tired in the last game as i was using a different type of enegy to what i normally use and that was draining me as i wasnt really having fun.

i did clap on my last shot just for a bit of fun to end the day as i bowled a good last shot, and i heard from someone ( dunno if it is true but) that mick did say something about me doing that but im not worried about it. i think that clapping towards the pins for me is like lleyton hewitt yelling come on to get himself psyched up and ready for the next point. by the way rachel and ronnie, kirsten didnt put the post up as she was on the phone to me in her romm when the post went up i went online when i got off the phone and it was there so dont play the blame game about that, if u wanna blame someone blame me for teaching kirsten to stick up for herself and not let people run her life anymore...

buhbye

Phillip 'Faggy the Phagg Fagg' Fagg

No I was not there Les & I never implied that I was at any point. I was just having my opinion as was everyone else on this thread.

I know both Ronnie & Mick very well & Ronnie is the type of guy who will do anything for anyone. Quite frankly you have to really push the boundaries to get Ronnie's back up...

As for Mick, he & Christine put an enormous amount of time into the juniors. They are very family orientated & again would do anything for anyone. Mick would not be offensive or aggressive unless it was really warranted he is a very distinguished person & would not lower himself.

I am not playing games with you & I'm glad Ronnie is willing to make a retraction if he feels it neccessary. I had a great deal of time from Kirsten as did the rest of my family and you know that better than anyone. Ask Kirsten who's kitchen she was standing in pouring her heart out to & who's mother she would share ALL her secrets with & confide in at work. So I feel justified in what I said because she shit on us as quick as look at us.

Also Mum was at no stage tournament director & was there purely as promotions manager & back up to the counter staff. Collecting money, clarifying & collating scores & organising prizes. Sorry you misunderstood her role on that day & assumed she was tournament director. This role would only be relevant if the centre manager was not present!

Anyway you think what you will & I sincerely hope you feel much better for airing your feelings.

Rachel Reggars

Mick P, i dont believe u had any right to tell phillip to stop doing anything, and i believe it should only be up to the directors of the tournament and the bowl to say anything to phil. Sorry that juniors and youth are trying to turn the sport into something exciting, unlike the dull and extremely bored atmosphere generated from watching you bowl. As my partner said, lets get into it, get excited that im bowling well and really give it all i have, and show some emotions on the lane. If mick cant deal with the situation, then dont bowl adult junior tournaments, it was meant to be some fun! Part of the reason why bowling is goin no where any time soon is the attitude u create towards the game, we want to get the kids into it, and make the game as exciting as it can be, and by doing so creating even more fun that previously thought. It can be destracting, which isnt the best thing, but the excitement needs to be there
Mick, stop tryin to dictate that way in which bowling is headed! And if i may say so, GET OVER URSELF, for the sake of tenpin bowling.
To be honest, i dont care if im "causing trouble" because i beleive this attitude needs to be eliminated from bowling, and thats just my thoughts
Hamish

just out of curiosity (i know curiosity killed the cat) but was Mick P bowling in the tournament at the time or a tournament official or just a spectator???

Danish_Pastry said:
just out of curiosity (i know curiosity killed the cat) but was Mick P bowling in the tournament at the time or a tournament official or just a spectator???

Danish Pastry Curioustiy didnt kill the cat, curiousity made the kittens! ;)

Have any of you people heard the song "If Your Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands?" Well, Mayb In Phillips Case He was Happy because he got a strike or spare and he wanted to show how happy he was by clapping his hands! :cool:

[/QUOTE]
Yes, Postman Pete ... it's the same Peter Martin. I read through my posts and I haven't abused anyone. I've also spoken to three or four people about what happened, and it seems there was a deliberate attempt by the youth to put off the senior bowler, which led to the second 'warning'.

Yellow Cards, Red Cards, Disqualification ... they are all soft options. Lets start handing out 6 week holidays (bans or suspensions) like they do to golf club members who throw clubs and chuck tanties.[/QUOTE]

i would like to see someone actually try and do that to another i think it would be quite funny, as what i did was a reaction to myself bowling a good shot and not in anyway a reaction to what was just said about me by a bowler.

ok.. i have enough... this as just gone to f***ing far... this should be locked.. b4 people get even more hurt/pissed off... Phillip in my view brings a GREAT feel to the game... people should get over it...

If he is having fun... which phillip does... god let him go.... if u dont like it..block it out.. and if u cant... shit happens.... build a bridge and get the F*** OVER IT!!

my 2 cents worth there

Ash

As a bowler, I think that you can have a tremendous amout of fun without having to skitch, clap really loudly, yell out etc. There is nothing wrong with fun I admit but as someone involved with the coaching of our young bowlers, I think it is absolutely disgusting some of the behaviour that I see amoung the youth bowling at the moment.If anyone is the bad sportsman it is these people. I have ttended a few tournaments this year where these young bowlers present were grumpy, swearing, kicking and slapping ball returns, and generally carrying on like the whole world was against them. There is no need for it and if any of the kids that I coached behaved like this I would be most upset. They know the rules but can have fun without the need for this carry on. There is no need for it, especially in a tournament. You dont see George or Jason behaving like tools, so why encourage these young ones to do it. I am not an old bowler either but know how to have fun without interrupting those bowling around me.
Its called common courtesy and it has been around in sports longer than most of you have been playing sports. Personally I think the "old fogies" have got it right. You can have fun without behaving like an idiot which frankly is what a lot of young bowlers do these days.

hello everyone, as everyone knows.. im krystal king, i beleive i have the right to post because i ride lanes and also very loud when i bowl and get excited:p, ive seen phillip bowl for so long now!!! yes sometimes he goes a little over board with his 'hand clapping' but thats phillip.. you go to a tournament with him in it you expect those things.. i can understand why some people get pissed about it, as i have been annoyed a few times myself.. but u cant stop it!! and im sure after this situation phillip knows his boundaries! ;)... To those who are completely against LANE RIDING and LOUD NOISES.. get a grip if u want to do something thats quiet do lawn bowls!

im all for excitment and noise!!! what makes bowling interesting and fun for me and almost every other jnr and youth bowler out there!!!

bybye for now!

krystal!!! :cool: :cool:

Peanut said:
ok.. i have enough... this as just gone to f***ing far... this should be locked.. b4 people get even more hurt/pissed off... Phillip in my view brings a GREAT feel to the game... people should get over it...

If he is having fun... which phillip does... god let him go.... if u dont like it..block it out.. and if u cant... shit happens.... build a bridge and get the F*** OVER IT!!

my 2 cents worth there

Ash

Jesus Ash settle down. I've cancelled Foxtel. You dont get this shit on Fox for $100 a month.

Anyway isnt it past your bed time.

The thing to remember is it's not all of the youth and juniors that behave badly with hitting ball returns etc. Some do, and it's not good I don't condone it, but I think we are just generally getting a bad name because of what a few do. I personally see no problem with the occasional hand skitch (there you go Ronnie ;) ) if you get a lucky strike or a lucky break etc. I don't see the need for doing it every second shot, that's all. Intentional shoe sqeaking should also not be tolerated at any time.

Look honestly, I see adults every night of the week at a bowl kicking bags, hitting ball returns, swearing, stamping their feet on the approach, and to me the worst of all - stopping congrats to their opponent. This is what I really have a dislike of. If you're throwing some splits, not carrying well, etc, you are doing something wrong. If you're opponent is getting "lucky" pinfall or shooting the house down and killing your scores, don't get unsportsman-like about it. If I shoot 900+ for 4, and my opponent shoots only 750 odd for 4, I'd like to think that they would give some credit for a decent performance, not have them go "he can't bowl as good as me, he just got lucky, I had no luck" etc etc etc.

Both sides should show respect to each other at all times, and the respect should go both ways. If an adult bowler outperforms me on the night, I accept it. This mostly goes the other way too, but unfortunately this doesn't appear to always be the case.

Anyway, that's getting a bit off topic now. In relation to paddles69 post, I don't think the youth should be isolated for their behaviour, as it happens in both camps.

I agree with tim.. not all jnrs n youth bowlers kick and hit and swear! i know alot of adults that do this also dont see them getting picked on do ya??? i personally hate the whole hitting of ball returns and smacking of chairs!!! a bit of swearing under ya breath most people can not help(bad habit).. i do that some times... but i beleive any bowler.. no matter what age has the right to get carried away with their excitement sometimes! its entertaining for most people with a sense of humour! i think phillip and ronnie sorted this out on the weekend.. so i beleive the topic should be closed!

krystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom