Bad runs with good endings

MinusZero

>LOAD "Something",8,1
last night, i possibly had my worst run with splits with the best results.

I had a washout 1, 2, 10 which i just barely spared with the 1 bouncing off the side wall and getting the 10.

The next frame i had a pretty bad shot turn worse when the 3 was knocked out from between the 1 and 6 to leave the 1,6 which i easily spared (since its basically a pocket ball).

and then i followed that up with a 9, 10 split which i spared too.

I know they werent difficult splits, but i was happy to spare three in a row, especially with a new ball i have only had for two weeks.

Incidentally my best spares of a bad split was the 7,9 and the 4,7,6,9

Anyone else had bad runs of splits and got them all?

I see you've had a bad run lately as well - join the club :wink:

I remember some years ago in Centre League leaving six consecutive splits and sparing them all.
I can't tell you what they all were but, I remember sparing back-to-back 6-7-10's and an 8-10 in there :oops:

In practice a couple of Thursday nights ago I shot 121 in a practice game finishing with 7 splits in a row (didn't convert any :x ), then started with a 4-9 (open) the next game :evil: :evil: and then unbelievably shot a 9-bagger and solid 8 for 268 :lol:
Left four more splits in the last game for a 174.

Last night in league, I couldn't hit a barn at point blank range for two games, lots of splits all over the place (I left a 4-6 flush at one stage :roll: ) had a 162-184 for two games then pulled out a 269 from nowhere in the last.

I never did like this game :?

PS: Denis Eastley on Wednesday 244-288-155 for 687 :shock: , Rodney Radcliffe last night 218-237-139 for 594 :shock:

My first game at Sydney Cup I threw:

| 63 | 62 | 62 | 54 | X | X | X | X | X | 9- |

Five strikes in a row for a 182 :oops: :x

Bad series with 1 really good game? I've seen someone go 158-300-133 for 581/3. This was a trios league 6 years ago, the bowler was mentally stuffed by game 2 (it was his first 300) that he didn't really care in game 3.

On the subject of low scores including big bags of strikes, I went to the Asian Youth FIQ in Hong Kong in '93. One game I went open, 6-bagger, then finished with 3 more opens for a 198 game. The opens weren't splits either. :(

Just the other night I bowled 156-257-159-205 (777/4) in a petersons singles league. Sad thing is I won all my games.

Last day of roll offs just in the team started with 166 166 before changing balls and focusing like hell and shot 910 for the last 4. My game changed completely, was throwing the ball with awesome consistency, was hitting target after target, spares were a breeze. Just goes to show if theres a will theres a way.

hey
i had 4 or 5 realy bad weeks of bowling ,lost confidence and everything else i went in to league feeling like i couldnt be bothered first game 150 somthin i thought yeh another bad week second game had the first 8 then left a 3 pin
spared it and bagged out for a 279
the next week in another league filling in, fist game 218, second 277 (9th frame stopped me again) 195 for a 691
it changed in a week
i shot 2 270's in less than a week.
changes always happen

:twisted: marsh :twisted:

Back in the Junior Sydney Cup in 2000, my last three games were 148, 152 and 279. It was only when I just chucked the ball in the last game that made the difference... but then it was too late! 579. 2 L8 4 a good result :lol:

Ace Ventura said:
i left the first five frames open in a junior league last year and finished with a 7 bagger for a 201. :oops:

Sorry Ace.....That's impossible. The maximum you could have bowled with the first five frames left open would have been 195.

If you're memory is bad that's one thing.
If you're making stuff up that 's a whole other ballgame..

Back
Top Bottom