Last Frame Syndrome

jhk67

In the past 4 weeks, I have been on really good games only to be undone by the worst bit of luck. The 1st instance came when i opened with a turkey, then 9 spared the 4th then bowled a 5 bagger going into the tenth. I then throw the ball into the pocket only to leave me a 8-10 split. Four days later I had another 5 bagger going into the tenth and yet again hit the pocket, 8-10 split. Three days later i had closed all frames and once again, 8-10. I think im suffering from Last Frame Syndrome (LFS). Any cure or other cases would be welcome.

Justin

jhk67 said:
I think im suffering from Last Frame Syndrome (LFS). Any cure or other cases would be welcome.
Justin

My friend, you are not the only one out there. Seven bagger to start... three open frames to finish with 249.

The best way I can suggest (i kno it has prob been said before and it is obvious) is to not focus on the frame but to focus on the result. Strangely, this seems to work for me.

So your basically saying to concentrate on the strike you want to hit and not what you are on going into the frame. I will try that, thanks.

jhk67 said:
So your basically saying to concentrate on the strike you want to hit and not what you are on going into the frame. I will try that, thanks.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Shane Warne said a while back that when he was going for his first hat trick that he was told to imagine what result he wanted to achieve - and he ended up making it. Even though this is from cricket I think this applies in a lot of other sports as well (especially when your sitting on 10 or 11 strikes in a row in the 10th frame!)

Well i don't know if it is just LFS we'd be talking about... i think ppl suffer from these sorta things after say 5 or 6 strikes because they are being "too careful" with their shot and they lose their sync, whether it be just a tad slower than normal or a few less revs. What i try to do when i'm on a roll is just to stay focussed, but not allow myself too much time standing on the approach, and of course, tell myself to do what i just did without looking at the score :)
R

yeh well when ur bowlin at randwick it doesnt matter what frame it is. ur goin to hit pocket at some stage and leave a 4-10 or an 8-0 or a 4-9 split.

I had the frustrations the other week. I bowled 9 beaut strikes, only to have my heart beat a bit quicker in the 10th. I didnt put enough hook on the ball, and it sliced thru and only took out the 5 pins in it's path, leaving the 1,2,4,6,10. Couldn't pick up the spare and only got 261. What a waste.

Myself in league last year went front nine then went a bit shallow on pocket for cold tenpin first ball of the tenth. Missed spare for 267. :(

ECCC roll-offs last month, twice in 2 days i had the front 10, twice i left the 10 pin for 289 games. The next night at league I had the front 11 only to leave the 3-6 for a 298. 3 attempts for no 300s

I used to always get that same problem. Still do sometimes, but it's normally towards the middle than the end. All I do is I concentrate and you got to have confidence in yourself to make the shots. As soon as I started being more confident that I could hit a good shot, the problem went. :)

yesterday at strikezone, in the open masters, i was 205 in the 9th, i had been bowling really well, closed all my frames, and in the 10th, tigged it to leave the 4,6,7. then the next game, again i was 200something in the 9th, left the 10 hit it really lightly and it wobbled but stayed up :(

Back
Top Bottom