Australia's team @ Men's World Championships

Isn't it a sad time when both parties of the arguement are fighting for the same thing?

Then you throw in the slander posts and its just another day in the office :p

Wayne has taken steps to try and put his issues forward including running for a position on the TBA board at his own expense. While he has issues communicating to people in a written word (wow, there is my 1 obvious statement for the day) the point he tries to make is valid and for the good of the sport. Good comprehension is an excellent trait and involves reading the entire post rather than just the bits that offend.

I believe his original message was not at all an attack on the bowlers. What he attempts to address is the fact that our consistently best bowlers are not attempting for National Representation, are not currently selected in advance and have a significant financial contribution if to roll-off and then pay duties away. Australia should be competitive at every event with our very top bowlers and Wayne wants that to be happening.

Funny thing is, tonx is not the first one to say that. There have been a few people say the same thing and try to defend Wayne but all the nazis are too busy reading part of the thread instead of all of it and throwing accusations about.

Typical of a lot of people on TB. They go off there tits before they know all the facts.

I think Wayne has tried to explain himself since and people are to thick to listen.

If the lanes over there play like the graphs show then the team is stuffed, as the patterns that went down at the roll offs played nothing like what was expected or what was on the graph on the wall.

A good start to picking the right team would be actually getting the right lane conditions down and ensuring it is playing the way it is designed to. Seeing people leading the short oil bowling inside the third arrow for the entire block isn't going to help the cause when they get on a short oil that plays like the graph reads.

As for getting the best bowlers out on the lanes, not going to happen without funding. We are losing a lot of top bowlers because we soften the lanes up for those not so talented. Until the sport hardens up and sets patterns that test skills on a regular basis we are never going to be able to compete at a higher level.

Bowling in the 80's wasnt easy, yet was at least 10 times better supported in entries and prizemoney than it is now. When everyone can throw 8 strikes a game, its no longer special and people lose interest very fast.

This thread has become a little too personal and i'm not really
sure that it helps the cause.

I read the first post Wayne wrote and I was not happy that he
was suggesting we were embarrassing, thats how i read it

If he says he did not mean it that way then maybe he didnt
I dont know the guy so it is hard to tell

The reality of this all is we are talking about the "World Men's"
and just maybe we are not as good as them presently, nothing to be
embarrassed about , just the truth
Some of the people who were there representing some Countries are professionals
even some of them lost

So yes lane conditions count as do selection methods etc but getting to be and
learning how to be as good as the rest of the world is another matter and we
all have work to do in order to make that happen

This is in no way a reflection on those who bowled for Australia, plenty
of other countries went and lost as well, we have lost in the past, we went
in 2008 and didnt win any medals either, thats life !!

Let us all try to do it a bit better at the whole process for next time, in the mean time let us all be proud of the Aussie Team who went to represent us all

One of the proudest moments I have ever had was being in Hong Kong last year as my daughter was being presented with a gold medal for Australia. Then listening to Advance Australia Fair and watching the Australian flag being raised.

This is why I take exception to comments about Australian teams.

I will move on now.

This thread has become a little too personal and i'm not really
sure that it helps the cause.

I read the first post Wayne wrote and I was not happy that he
was suggesting we were embarrassing, thats how i read it

If he says he did not mean it that way then maybe he didnt
I dont know the guy so it is hard to tell

The reality of this all is we are talking about the "World Men's"
and just maybe we are not as good as them presently, nothing to be
embarrassed about , just the truth
Some of the people who were there representing some Countries are professionals
even some of them lost

So yes lane conditions count as do selection methods etc but getting to be and
learning how to be as good as the rest of the world is another matter and we
all have work to do in order to make that happen

This is in no way a reflection on those who bowled for Australia, plenty
of other countries went and lost as well, we have lost in the past, we went
in 2008 and didnt win any medals either, thats life !!

Let us all try to do it a bit better at the whole process for next time, in the mean time let us all be proud of the Aussie Team who went to represent us all

1st time I opened up the thread & saw what wayne wrote, my 1st thought was he was having a go at the system.
was a little surprised by the next couple of sprays without them even bothering to clarify anything.
could he have worded it better....probably.

thats part of the problem isnt it jeff. most people probably dont know him but there all to quick to stick the knives in before they know the facts.

lets all agree to disagree & leave it at that...starting to get off track with the personal attacks.

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

I think the problem is that what Wayne said shouldn't have been left up to interpretation. It should have been much, much clearer. Once heard a saying 'Is a pin stripe jacket a White Jacket with Black Stripes, or a Black Jacket with White Stripes?' Without knowing how it's made, we can't be 100% sure.
I would love to see what this country could do with some funding behind it. We have so much talent that can't be funnelled simply because it's not viable for people to be doing full time. We can't blame them for that.
Although, after watching the Mens Team Final I couldn't help but imagine a Rachuig final done similar. It would suck to have Rachuig end in a 'step-ladder', although with it's format it could work, as there is rarely a runaway victor. But watching our nations best on telly battling it out for the Rachuig trophy would be a sight.

Later Cow

Wayne should have started this thread a little differently & it wouldn't have turned reactive as it has done ...

Wayne should have started this thread a little differently & it wouldn't have turned reactive as it has done ...

Maybe that was his intention all along, to get people talking. Wayne threw out the bait and many ran with it, hook line and in some cases sinker.

didnt get to read much of it... saw it while at work...logged on when i got home and saw it was deleted.

was it deleted because it was saying the same as this post...

I dont understand why it vanished ..... Maybe the heads put in a complaint about where it was leading..... There could be a ground swell against the current board..... who knows !!!!!!!!!!

where did the other thread go re- Aussie bowlers stand up

It was deleted because so many people on here, admin included, do not want to fix the issues or know about them. They would rather sit back and complain about things and that way nothing ever gets done.

This site is as much to blame for the state of bowling in Australia as anything else. It encourages narrow mindedness.

Back
Top Bottom