Australia's Greatest Dummy Spit or On-lane Stuff Up?

lol

andy mightve had an interesting tempter, but he was a great guy...

dunno what he is up to now tho..

Don't know about dummy spits, but Redcliffe Bowl squashing their brand new oiling machine (Summit?) under lane 7 in the middle of the Redcliffe Open was pretty funny in a tragic way. Especially after they dragged it out, finally got it running again, turned it on at about 50 feet down - and watched it run straight into the pit and self-destruct. Scratch one Summit - thought Don was going to have a coronary. I think they ended up borrowing Mt Gravatts machine.
Thinking about it, there were a few dummy spits that year too. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaa!
Poor buggers!

I remember bowling in the Brisbane Cup at Clayfield, it would of been about 1992 or 3. A certain left hander very well known had us all in tears (with laughter) from memory I am sure he threw a pretty good shot only to leave a 7 - 10 out of the pocket.
I was bowling on the next pair and waiting for him to come back from his shot as the ride for his 7 - 10 was pretty big.
Well he just stood there in amazement and screamed very loud " SUCK THIS" as he pulled his zipper down and yes flashed his wang at the pins!
Must be one of the funniest things that I have seen in the game. I think Tony Pablo Kelly or Carl Botts one it that year not sure?

I can remember venturing to tanunda in the mid eighty’s to APBA tournament when there was a late inclusion of a local bowler; this was rare as you had to book your spot in an APBA tourney a year in advance.
We were bowling on the end pair and the gentleman was struggling a bit under the occasion, we got to the ninth frame and he finally thru a shot near the pocket and promptly road the shot to the right and fell down a one meter drop from the elevated approach crashing into the wall and landing in crumpled heap on the floor.
Naturally I was concerned for the mans health and there was an eerie silence hovered over the player’s area.
When the gentleman started to move and was clearly alright for his ordeal I glanced over to the next lane where tricky dicky froebel was looking at me, we both had kept a straight face until tricky dicky could not control himself and started a laughing fit that went for a good ten minutes, we both had our heads in our towels trying to control the tears of laughter
Unfortunately every time I whent to tanunda that was also my score a tun under.

Ahhh good times.

John Madden

"A great responce to a dummy spit"
A young guy bowling at Milton on a thursday night on lane13-14,leaves a cold 8 pin,screams at the top of his lungs"FU*K YOU".Meanwhile Pablo is into his 2nd or 3rd step on Lanes 3-4,stops his shot,stands up at the foul line looks down at the young man(23-24)and shot "yes please"turns his back and says"how would you like me".
A legend and funny man is our Pabs

HAHAHA I remember Andy! :D
I got on the piss shotgunning tinny after tinny with him at one of the Shield Dinner's back in the early 90's - hilarious bloke - or was then anyway.
What'd he do?

Andy was alot of fun i can remember him storming out during the middle of a game during league cause he was bowling like crap lol

Its not exactly Australias greatest dummy spit or lane stuff up, but its one that had most of us amused today.
The Doust+Webber affair during the final frames of the last game of the day during the NSW Sports Series. It was minor yet amusing.
Like many of us who had bowled today, Dousty was fed up with the worlds worst approaches and for the final game decided he was going to try to break a land speed record. 10th frame he leaves a 5 pin, on the spare attempt the normal approach for launching a bowling ball is taken. However upon arrival at the foul line he just stops, rests the ball at the line and gives it a little push.
It caught Webs eye, who at the time was midway through his approach 2 pair of lanes to the left. Web stops his approach, drops his ball on the ground [attracting the entire centres attention in the process] and yells out "You f*cking moron! This is a Sports Series..."

It amused me because the approaches certainly didnt.

I recall many years back I would say early 80's there was a tech at Cannington who was prone to the od dummy spit, cant recall his name.
May have been Robbie but don't quote me on that.

He would start his shift at back and then bowl the 5.30 singles, on more than one occassion he''d spit it walk out the door not to be seen for few days, he would apparently go walkabout have no contact with anyone then turn up to his next shift as if nothing had happened, on one occassion he was seen heading south near Byford. Thats a fair walk.

Cheers
RT

Its not exactly Australias greatest dummy spit or lane stuff up, but its one that had most of us amused today.
The Doust+Webber affair ..."

It amused me because the approaches certainly didnt.
Andrew contacted me to clear the air and we've sorted it out amicably. Very decent of him to do so, I thought. :) It was so hot and so difficult in there, who could blame anyone for losing it?

p.s. It's a shame that the speed guns top out at 42km/hr. I think I could have gone after Robert Smith's efforts! It was the only game all day where I felt I knew where the ball was going as it left my hand. I shot a bit over my average for the day too.

The Doust+Webber affair during the final frames of the last game of the day during the NSW Sports Series. It was minor yet amusing.

Jen, glad I was able to put a bit of humor into the day.(it must have been amusing to see).:)
Jase and I may organise a comedy double act to tour round to brighten up those boring league nights.:D

Jen, glad I was able to put a bit of humor into the day.(it must have been amusing to see).:)
Jase and I may organise a comedy double act to tour round to brighten up those boring league nights.:D

I just read the double act part and thought......... NO. :p

Nice to see ya firing up still Webber....

You might have to extend the blinkers your wearing another foot so ya cant see it... lol

I thought Webber couldn't see out the side of those Stevie Wonder glasses.I would get a new pair. "I just called to say I love you."
Cheers Webber
Lovey

"A great responce to a dummy spit"
A young guy bowling at Milton on a thursday night on lane13-14,leaves a cold 8 pin,screams at the top of his lungs"FU*K YOU".Meanwhile Pablo is into his 2nd or 3rd step on Lanes 3-4,stops his shot,stands up at the foul line looks down at the young man(23-24)and shot "yes please"turns his back and says"how would you like me".
A legend and funny man is our Pabs
Yes that was rather amusing ;) I was laughing on the inside heh

One particular character comes to mind whilst I was bowling in Sponsors League in the early 90’s needless to say I bowled in the same team at Moonah Bowl. This character used to bowl straight down the middle – old plastic ball that would have celebrated its 15th or so birthday even then. He had a foot problem bit like ‘dropping the clutch in a car’ he would take his first step then stop and re stand and start again.
Along with this he was a sort of sensitive guy and would take things to heart – I might add his brother in law bowled in the same team, and he would most of the time set him off. Many times he would crack the S---S toss off the shoes pack up his gear and walk off the lanes even just after a few frames into the first game.

Those were the good old days; I must say the slamming of the doors in the men’s loo and the somewhat colourful language in the later years of bowling was always an event that usually would occur either a Wednesday or Thursday night.

Merry Xmas to you all down there.. lefty G

One particular character comes to mind whilst I was bowling in Sponsors League in the early 90’s needless to say I bowled in the same team at Moonah Bowl. This character used to bowl straight down the middle – old plastic ball that would have celebrated its 15th or so birthday even then. He had a foot problem bit like ‘dropping the clutch in a car’ he would take his first step then stop and re stand and start again.
Along with this he was a sort of sensitive guy and would take things to heart – I might add his brother in law bowled in the same team, and he would most of the time set him off. Many times he would crack the S---S toss off the shoes pack up his gear and walk off the lanes even just after a few frames into the first game.
Merry Xmas to you all down there.. lefty G
You wouldn't be talking about the one and only Dave Cresswell would ya Lefty? :D
I remember the stop/start, stop/start that he used to do, and that green plastic AMF ball his pares bought him in the late 60's that he still used up until he quit bowling. And yes, extremely sensitive.
Only seen Dave once in about 15 years, saw him at Eastlands and had a convo with him about 2 years or so back, I think it might've been around the time Tan and I split.
Struggling to think who his bro-in-law was though, it's probably staring me right in the face and I can't remember his name, I can remember a couple of characters that bowled in your team back then though.
Vaughan Hilder the ex-Moonah mechanic, I used to see him up the road at the Queen's Head a fair bit on a Saturday night going back about 12-18 months ago. Looks well, even got rid of that perm he once had :D
Robbie Morris the bus driver - Last I heard he was hauling rigs through Queensland and NSW.
And Ron Hemmings finally pulled up stumps and quit bowling about a year or more back, saw him a few months ago, he won't be back playing anytime soon I don't think.

Those certainly were the great days of Sponsors League hey Lefty, 5-man teams with actual sponsors and proper shirts, professional - far cry these days from what it was.

Have a great Chrissie up there Left and enjoy the sunshine ;)

i knew of a guy once he decided that because he was bowling bad he would go over and kick the wall and didnt just do it once he did it about four times i might recall but then when he finished he decided to throw his gear in his bag which was behind the seats but it turns out he was at the ball rack he almost clocked his father in the leg it was pretty funny for everyone but him i think, his temper has gotten betta but im sure most of the act youth bowlers know who im talking about lol

Might as well have my two cents worth ....
I think one of the best 'Dummy Spitters' in the game, on no particular occasion, was the lovable Ron Spiteri.
Usually it had nothing to do with bowling, but more to do with his 'nag' just getting beat by a nose....that trannie would get hurled into oblivion, good thing Frank Duffy knew how to duck his head.

Today during the Queanbeyan City Open Masters, Wayne Kelly had buggerd one of his shots. Upon returning, he was about to kick the ball return. Jeff Whitty (one of the tournament team) saw this and shook his finger at Wayne. Wayne said something along the lines of "I didnt hit it, did I?". Jeff answerd, "It's not about contact, its about conduct".

I didn't see it happen, I just heard about it. Made me laugh for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom