Association Challenge

speedwaystar

No BrakesNo GearsNo Fear
Hi Guys here's a thread for all teams and players involved in association challenge 08.Put your views and suggestions here,remember it's all about having fun so please do not reply to threads if it's not in the challenge spirit(keep the banter tastefull)

Hi there,
Since I'm the one who's causing all the problems and upsetting the apple cart, could you please spell out the guidelines so i don't step on any toes.

You know after being in 6 Challanges, no-one has explained on how we should act and what we are suppose to say.

I was only joking last year that the JESTERS were a dying Breed. :surrender:

There's about 4 or 5 years of threads on the site about the challange so you could probably use them to help with the guidelines.

I was thinking that since I'm more trouble to the Assoc than helping it, might be time to face the:giljotiini:
Jester

JUST KIDDING :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

You're going to have to better than that and find better bullets.:D:D:D

Yeah adam the balls ok the lane oiling hasn't caught up with the technology as yet:D

HOT OFF THE PRESS TO ALL TEAMS THAT NEED A LEG UP.THE LINE UP FOR ASSOCIATION CHALLENGE 2008 WINNERS ARE:
BUNDABERG
MENS WOMEN
Scott Holst, Josie Sommer
Ian Purkis, Jenny Moore
Brendan Thompson, Brodie Thompson
Lawrence Kosten, Laura Henry
Ray King, Kirsty Sommer
Shane Weller, Bobby Noonan

Yes thats right folks also winners of the best looking womens team but maybe not the boys hahaha

sorry ladies and gentlemen but my view is that age restirction on any sport is stupid kids are the future of the sport but in this case the Association Challenge is a way of us oldies can get together for some social event without any restictions .....

sorry ladies and gentlemen but my view is that age restirction on any sport is stupid kids are the future of the sport but in this case the Association Challenge is a way of us oldies can get together for some social event without any restictions .....

yep just my point. us young ones already have enough on our plate, it would be nice if it kept strictly 18+. the way its goin they may as well want 18 and 19 year olds in junior shield.

Just as a matter of interest how do you guys in Bundy select?
There are only 6 people listed for each team, is that the final team Speedway, or is there a secret weapon?

Good one Andrew set yourself up for another debate on selection vs roll-off, 6 vs 7 bowlers...I guess you and i know who our secret weapon is on the coast...lmao

Hi andrew we had 5 games saturday on double oiled lanes with carry down because they weren't washed before then on sunday we had 10 games on a single oiled crown pattern:confused: with lanes 1 and 2 accidentley continuous oiled;) so yes top six go through but we do have the 7th bowler as possible manager/coach as backup(the teams pick the manager/coach this year but usually the 7th place bowler is there somewhere)

Thanks for the response Speedway :) That 7th person bit seems very sensible.
I wonder how many other Associations have already formed their teams.

Good one Andrew set yourself up for another debate on selection vs roll-off, 6 vs 7 bowlers...I guess you and i know who our secret weapon is on the coast...lmao

So please share with us, who this great secret weapon is?????
It would be great for us to all know, so c'mon on tell us

Sounds like there's a couple of people who think they're already selected into the coasts team i thought they hadn't picked it yet;) lol

I do believe there are some Gold Coast bowlers that believe they are already in the team, l ain't one of them...

But it would be good to see true Gold Coasters in the team!!!

l will elaborate a bit more on my last post i did for Andrew he knows my opinions on that matter, without fail every year or so we have changes to criteria to how the teams are selected or made up... O.K l have been away for 2 1/2 years, but the BS is still the same. Certain members of last years team want selection, others want roll-off but by doing this you get individual rather than team bowlers. But in the end if you go off last years criteria roll-off with first 5 past post then 2 selected you get some happy and some sad but it is clear and cut...
Yes every assoc has there own ways of making up teams R/O or selection...

The one thing i do and will always stand by is that NO team should be selected by anyone who is going for the team...:coolthumb:

I OPEN THE DOOR FOR A BACKLASH BUT IM A BIG BOY I CAN TAKE IT:starwars:

I do believe there are some Gold Coast bowlers that believe they are already in the team, l ain't one of them...
But it would be good to see true Gold Coasters in the team!!!

Interesting comment, maybe you should elaborate some more for us all...

Yes every assoc has there own ways of making up teams R/O or selection...
The one thing i do and will always stand by is that NO team should be selected by anyone who is going for the team...:coolthumb:
I OPEN THE DOOR FOR A BACKLASH BUT IM A BIG BOY I CAN TAKE IT:starwars:

I dissagree by these comments, I think the people on the selection commitee have a very good understanding to who and what attributes bowlers have.
The only 2 bowlers on the panel who you could possably be talking about is Kellie Hart, and Jim Murray

Jim Murray, just got crowned Sir and god knows how many times representd at Association Challenge, also a current 2007 State Qld Bowler

Kellie Hart, 9 times Association experience, numerous all stars, Qld state bowler for the past 4 yrs, hmmmmm, and has led as captain to numerous Gold Coast Victory's

Judging on these facts, mate you don't know very much do you

I think it all boils down getting your name out there, actually doing something in bowling, do this and your results will get you there. Thats right results, avg's and experence will go a long way to any team in being selected, thats my opinion

Golf, Any one for Golf, Foooouuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr;)
Out of here

yes elaborate, since your not a selector who do you think should make the team, i personally believe if its not broke dont fix it, they won last year so maybe the same team if available should go? just my thoughts;)

HAMMER SAID: I dissagree by these comments, I think the people on the selection commitee have a very good understanding to who and what attributes bowlers have.
The only 2 bowlers on the panel who you could possably be talking about is Kellie Hart, and Jim Murray

Jim Murray, just got crowned Sir and god knows how many times representd at Association Challenge, also a current 2007 State Qld Bowler

Kellie Hart, 9 times Association experience, numerous all stars, Qld state bowler for the past 4 yrs, hmmmmm, and has led as captain to numerous Gold Coast Victory's

Judging on these facts, mate you don't know very much do you

I think it all boils down getting your name out there, actually doing something in bowling, do this and your results will get you there. Thats right results, avg's and experence will go a long way to any team in being selected, thats my opinion

Well Steven this isn't a personal attack on the two people mentioned in your reply post, you just keep thinking that!!!
Why should i elaborate any further that is all i had to say on my opinion...

And l love the bit about
you really need to do more research before typing about people you don't know about!!!:gunsmilie:

Back
Top Bottom