Association Challenge

yes elaborate, since your not a selector who do you think should make the team, i personally believe if its not broke dont fix it, they won last year so maybe the same team if available should go? just my thoughts;)

This maybe true, but that means bowlers who are moving to the coast, or now are at a competitve level do not even have a chance to be included. There is always someone new that desrves their chance or will be an outside shot of making the team and usually does by upsetting a favourite.

They also just won .26 that isn't that big of a margin to ensure a repeat.

Good Luck to the GC Selectors interested to see the final team.

They also just won .26 that isn't that big of a margin to ensure a repeat.

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan,

.01 Of a Second
A Nose
1cm

Doesn't matter by how much a Win is a Win...:D:D:D:D:D

.26, just made it interesting to watch us all add up the scores at the end…Batsey was onto it…Either way was a great weekend and great competition between the two top Teams on the weekend…;)

Well

And l love the bit about you really need to do more research before typing about people you don't know about!!!:gunsmilie:

I didn't mention any names, just stated my opinion on selection. So hpgolf who ever you are don't take it personaly.

.26 is very close and was great to watch guys.

HA HA HA Nathan crying wont get you the 0.26 back;):D
In all seriousness i said that to calm everyone down we all know that the team will be picked on merits for the year leading up to the challenge at no stage should anyone from the coast(or anyone else) speculate on whose in or not,I know the selectors will do the right thing, all you have to do is look at how many challenges the coast have won and how many different bowlers they usedover the years,Geez our team is nearly the same year in and year out and we've not one so maybe we should take pointers from them.
HPGOLF having sour grapes won't get you picked or felt sorry for like hammer said if you bowl well and show you can be a team player you'll get picked as simple as that,
Just my 2 bob

Sorry speedwaystar, NO sour grapes here...I don't look for pity votes but last time i checked this was a forum and posting reply's was what kept this site interesting!!!

HA HA HA Nathan crying wont get you the 0.26 back;):D
Just my 2 bob

i'm not worried at all. The men won, the team bwled great, made all stars. And had fantastic fun, especiallly against Jase. oh and started a fire and got everyone evacuated before it even started. And the gold coast deserved it, they finished on top.

Only stating the .26 for picking the same 14 bowlers.

lol. To 08 it has already begun

Hmmm, interesting stuff this!! Gotta funny feeling i might be seeing it all from a bit closer pretty soon......

its all bullsh@t u all wonder why people just dont turn it up and dont bother and the sport is dying in this country

we dont make money out of this sport we do it for fun
this is crap not fun

f@ck it i say

have fun at aspley queens birthday weekend i'll be at brookvale :D

but we do have the 7th bowler as possible manager/coach as backup(the teams pick the manager/coach this year but usually the 7th place bowler is there somewhere)
we'll that ain't half a joke... if you get my drift. I'm on your side on that subject Shane.:mad:

Hey Guys , just want to congratulate two Assoc Challenge champions Luke & Hamo on there awesome bowling display for Queensland last week in Rachuig. Well done guys.
Should really shorten the odds now in Brisbane's favour for the title with two State bowlers in there side.
Oh hang on ,they still have to roll off for the Brisbane team yet. Bowling for Qld doesn't give anyone automatic selection in there local team.
Gee I hope there no flu's going around that weekend or they just have one bad day.:fishing:
Maybe State Reps should be automaticly be selected into association teams, as it would be a shame if these guys and others miss out because of the 7 past the post roll-offs that some association still do.

quailly

Chris i hope they're sick on rolloffs they're in too good a form at the moment.
Seriously though i would suspect if the don't bowl well in the roll off they'll be picked(surely?)

Brisbane Association is first 7 past the post, unless it's been changed and no-one notified. (No-one meaning me).

Well, you will Jet off overseas and miss all the Goss...;)

No mate you’re still in the know…Its first 7 past the Post and NO exemptions…The date has changed though…It’s the weekend earlier now I believe….17th of February 2008

Maybe State Reps should be automaticly be selected into association teams, as it would be a shame if these guys and others miss out because of the 7 past the post roll-offs that some association still do.
quailly

Chris, I agree with this to some degree, but just remembering, to make these teams as well, usually you only have to have 1 good roll off as well to make the team, and alot of bowlers don't try out because of cost and things.

Also Chris how are you guys going with the Sunny Coast team??
Is Brando available????
He would be a huge asset to your team, one of the great bowlers in Qld and also a great head to head bowler. Being at aspley he would surely dominate. Food for thought.

Please stop giving helpful advice to the Sunshine Coast. :shutup2:

It does not fit in with Gold Coast plans for continued Regional Domination

Also Chris how are you guys going with the Sunny Coast team??
Is Brando available????
He would be a huge asset to your team, one of the great bowlers in Qld and also a great head to head bowler. Being at aspley he would surely dominate. Food for thought.

The Sunny Coast team probaly won't be selected until early next year after the local championships. As for brandon being available, well you will just have to wait till selection time to find out. ;)

CQ

The Sunny Coast team probaly won't be selected until early next year after the local championships. As for brandon being available, well you will just have to wait till selection time to find out. ;)
CQ

That’s a rude word in this part of the site ;)…Surely you don’t SELECT a Team…:D:D

Back
Top Bottom