2 handed vs. 1 handed?

okay... i went out and bowled 2 games today and things went much better this time... bowled a couple of strikes that hooked nicely and didnt seem to be running over the holes!

what is a decent bowl speed? i was bowling between 20 - 24 km/hr (i think it was Km's and not miles? it was at village bowl)... mostly at about 20... is that a good speed or should i back off or put a bit more on it?

is that speed from the hook in or the entire transition down the lane?

I throw about 25kms, but that's come from refining the shot for about 3 months....

The general rule is: the harder you try to throw it, the slower the shot will be.

Your ball speed will come, not from trying to throw it hard, but from finding the hit spot in your swing. The cleaner it comes off your fingers, the faster the ball will roll, because the momentum of the ball will create the speed.

Are you close to Village? I might go there this weekend sometime....either that or Salisbury....

Just looked at your thread....fairly consistent with where my track lies, which is fine.

Troyza is spot on with his analysis of your sore arm....trying to 'muscle' the ball onto the lane as opposed to letting the weight of the ball swing your arm.

You're doing well 'Grasshopper'

lol! cheers Michael!

i have a suspicion that when i am releasing the ball my arm is slightly bent... should my arm be fully extended, taking the full weight of the ball just before release?

Whichever you feel is more comfortable.

I have my arm slightly bent because its more like I'm 'cradling' the ball in my arms until it hits the lane.

Back
Top Bottom