Interesting comment at league last night

Toon

OWN IT!
So,

I am bowling last night and there is a 2 handed bowler on the pair next to me and the bowler I was bowling against said something interesting that I've never really thought about.

he said:
Ok, so people bowl 2 hands to get more revs...generally. Which gives an unfair advantage on their first shot, but they are allowed to bowl like everyone else for 7pins/10pins. Should bowlers that choose the 2 hand pathway have to bowl 2 hands for all shots?

How is that different than someone that wants to bowl lefts handed to hit 10 pins or right handed for 7pins.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

There's been several other threads on this topic. Basically, even if you throw the ball two handed, if it leaves your body at the foul line, on the right hand side of your body, then you are deemed a right handed bowler, vice versa, if the ball leaves your body on the left hand side, then you are deemed to be left handed.

Hi Toon,

Check out the thread on "Two Handed and One Handed Deliveries"

All of your questions will be answered.

You will need an hour to get through it all.

In a open tournament doesnt matter if you bowl left or right handed during the event. If you can do it to create an advantage it is your good luck. Similar if ppl can bowl hook and back up.

It only matters if you are playing in a league or tournament with handicap as then your handicap has been based on you bowling left or right handed.

So,

I am bowling last night and there is a 2 handed bowler on the pair next to me and the bowler I was bowling against said something interesting that I've never really thought about.

he said:
Ok, so people bowl 2 hands to get more revs...generally. Which gives an unfair advantage on their first shot, but they are allowed to bowl like everyone else for 7pins/10pins. Should bowlers that choose the 2 hand pathway have to bowl 2 hands for all shots?

How is that different than someone that wants to bowl lefts handed to hit 10 pins or right handed for 7pins.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

Why is it an 'unfair' advantage? Isn't everyone allowed to do it?
It is an 'advantage' only if the bowler is skilfull enough to repeat shots successfully. I see this as being more along the lines of changing from a reactive hook ball to a straight delivery and a hard case ball for spares than changing hands for 10 pins or w/e. Not an issue, and nor should there be.

Back
Top Bottom