One vs. Two hands

One vs. Two Hands

• Total voters
You do not know a thing about two handed bowling so I suggest....:shutup2:

I think you may have misread xballs post... i know i did. The conventional style of bowler i.e 1 handed has 2 fingers and a thumb in the ball. A 2 handed bowler has 2 fingers in the ball... no thumb. xballs is only saying that you dont have fingers from both hands in fingerholes while bowling 2 handed. At least thats how i interpreted it...

I am another variation on the theme, one handed and no thumb. Balance, timing and a big hand are the prerequisites.

It's fun to rip the cover off the ball when conditions allow. The real art is to score well when the condition does not give a lot of hold area. Still working on that!

Sumo

As a late bloomer (started bowling at 19 years of age) I have absolutely no rev/roll/snap because my wrist breaks too early. Useful when throwing a 3/6/10 or either of the three (like Osku).

Since turning to two hands, I have achieved my perfect game, thrown above card for the last 3 leagues I have bowled, but most importantly, I AM HAVING MORE FUN.

I say.....Do what works for you.

Honestly who gives a toss!

I bowl two handed but does it make me any different to anyone on the lanes? No!

If people would stop taking pot shots at each other this game would be much better off!!!

I just wish people would stop whinging about other people, other's styles, how easy the game is these days, the effects of balls and easy conditions..

Just get back to bowling and beating the guy beside you and the game might actually start advancing again!!!!!

Honestly who gives a toss!
I bowl two handed but does it make me any different to anyone on the lanes? No!
If people would stop taking pot shots at each other this game would be much better off!!!
I just wish people would stop whinging about other people, other's styles, how easy the game is these days, the effects of balls and easy conditions..
Just get back to bowling and beating the guy beside you and the game might actually start advancing again!!!!!

Couldn't agree more. Ford or Holden; Collingwood or Carlton; Left Handed or Right Handed; Two or One Handed; Four Step or Five+ steps just get on with it and bowl.

Sorry if I have offended you Dave, but this is what you wrote:

It not like the 2 handed bowler put fingers from both hands in the ball.

I read this as you have stated, i.e. a two handed bowler puts fingers from both hands in the ball, which, as most people know isn't correct. If I, as others have, mis-read what you meant to say - what ever that might have been, then I apologise.:surrender:

Cheers

I know what Dave was getting at when he wrote that post... Why is it called 2 handed bowling when you don't have the ball drilled for both hands.

I understand why its called 2 handed bowling and I even have a go at it every know and again if I'm having a bad game to try have a bit of fun and calm the nerves.

But I think what Dave was getting at is that at the point of release your still only bowling with one hand not two. If you through the ball down the lane like a rugby pass then thats different.

So technically it would be called no thumb bowling but to be honest that doesn't have that cool ring to it like 2 handed does (or the 'Belmo' as we like to call it).

Sorry if I have offended you Dave, but this is what you wrote:
It not like the 2 handed bowler put fingers from both hands in the ball.
I read this as you have stated, i.e. a two handed bowler puts fingers from both hands in the ball, which, as most people know isn't correct. If I, as others have, mis-read what you meant to say - what ever that might have been, then I apologise.:surrender:
Cheers

That Cool mate :)

Having bowled against Belmo before I have had a first hand look at how damaging His two handed technic can be.
I have attempted to bowl two handed - but my back & lack of flexibility ruled it out straight away. Although I have bowled a couple of 180'ish in practice - but walking the next day was harder than expected.

Dave

That Cool mate :)
Having bowled against Belmo before I have had a first hand look at how damaging His two handed technic can be.
I have attempted to bowl two handed - but my back & lack of flexibility ruled it out straight away. Although I have bowled a couple of 180'ish in practice - but walking the next day was harder than expected.
Dave

hehehe.... I bet you have a new found respect for 2-handers ;)

Did Belmo teach you how to bowl with 2 hands?

hehehe.... I bet you have a new found respect for 2-handers ;)
Did Belmo teach you how to bowl with 2 hands?

I have always had a great deal of respect for bowlers who respect their opponent no matter who you are (Belmo is one of these people). I don't really care how you bowl left/right/backup/power stroker/stroker/power/cranker etc etc...

Self taught only - watched a few tape in slow mo & First hand from watching Belmo.

I think it is funny to watch people try this (it would be even funnier watching me do it)- I have only seen a few people achieve what Belmo does -and that is create awesome power with accuracy. Most people look like they could get more power just using One hand.

As long as you have fun & enjoy what you are doing.

Dave

well, what I mean by having a new found respect for 2-handers is that it's more harder on the body than the usual 1 handed delivery.

Both have their good and bad points. I have heard of people having back trouble from bowling two handed.

I have seen a lot of two handed hook bowlers have trouble with pins on the right side of the lane. But thats nothing practice or a different ball wont fix.

I dont think if can be said that one is necessarily better than the other. Everyone bowls differently and everyone does different things better.

I spare better than most people in my league, but i dont strike as often as others. Anyway of bowling can be made to work in time if you can make the adjustment.

i think what is interesting is that more people are changing to the use of 2 hands, but i don't see anyone who used to bowl with 2 hands opting to bowl with only one now

Is it fair to say that the second hand only stops the ball from falling off in the backswing due to not having the thumb in? Andrew Thorpe has been bowling with no thumb for ages but does it all one handed.

2 hands has its advantages, such as revs and power,

That just about sums it up. The majority of people who bowl 2 handed do it because they are lacking these things in their one handed release.

Oh, and because they think it looks good and for some reason there are bowlers who think they need to turn the ball more than anyone else to get results.

Back
Top Bottom