One vs. Two hands

One vs. Two Hands

• Total voters

Zoidberg

With all this debate that's been going on for the past 15 or so years about Cranker vs. Stroker in the game, I bring forth the subject of the future... One vs. Two hands!
Who here is a one-handed or a two-handed bowler?
Do you think using two hands or is one hand better when bowling?
Ladies and Gentleman, prepare to state your case!

I'm a two hander who used to bowl one handed. I can see the pro's and con's in both one and two handed, but it all just depends on the person who's throwing the ball down, and what they feel most comfortable with really.

2 hands has its advantages, such as revs and power, but it also has its faults, the technic can give you lower back and neck problems, if you can't bowl it to your natural body movement.

and you can find that your game is better, because you are overpowering the lane condition, but one hander, crankers or strokers, I find have learn even better control of the ball because we as one handers we dont have the other hand maintaining a stable arm swing.

I think everyone should try and bowl the way they want to but, remember 2 hands is cool but the physical demand on the body is high. And i think you will find somewhere on his forum belmo as commented on some of hes physical hurdles bowling 2 hands.

And a true 2 handed bowl and can also bowl spares to handed, if you can do this then you are true 2 handed.

if you bowl 2 handed and spare one hand you are a 2 handed cranker not a 2 handed bowler.

2 handed bowling is a natural gift

thats my opinion

And a true 2 handed bowl and can also bowl spares to handed, if you can do this then you are true 2 handed.

if you bowl 2 handed and spare one hand you are a 2 handed cranker not a 2 handed bowler.

2 handed bowling is a natural gift

thats my opinion

so you dont think Osku is a 2 handed bowler? just a 2 handed cranker? LOL

in the end...where just BOWLERs not 2 handed bowlers we still roll a ball down a lane and knock over pins.....nobody calls one handed bowlers ONE handed bowlers do they?

thats my opinion

Actually most people bowl two handed - the main difference is where the second leaves the ball, which is a lot earlier in the so called one handed shot.

It not like the 2 handed bowler put fingers from both hands in the ball.:confused::confused::confused:

Dave:)

Not that i'm an expert but what exactly does the second hand do in a 2 handed shot??? With the one handed shot, it supports the ball up until the point where you push the ball away on the first step (4 step bowler).
I think the major difference is the fact that the 2 handed bowler does not use his thumb in the ball. I think the second hand is used to support and in some way help with getting the ball on line. Then again... it could also help in generating the ball speed and the primary hand used for generating the rotation...

I may be totally off the mark here so for those 2 handed bowlers, could you explain what the second hand does.

Not that i'm an expert but what exactly does the second hand do in a 2 handed shot??? With the one handed shot, it supports the ball up until the point where you push the ball away on the first step (4 step bowler).
I think the major difference is the fact that the 2 handed bowler does not use his thumb in the ball. I think the second hand is used to support and in some way help with getting the ball on line. Then again... it could also help in generating the ball speed and the primary hand used for generating the rotation...
I may be totally off the mark here so for those 2 handed bowlers, could you explain what the second hand does.

You just answered your own question lol

The second hand is used to support the weight of the ball while the first hand pretty much does the rest of the work.

You just answered your own question lol
The second hand is used to support the weight of the ball while the first hand pretty much does the rest of the work.

Don't want this to come accross as sounding like i'm having a shot cause i'm not, but for a hand to support the weight wouldn't it have to be under the ball not on top?
I would think perhaps stabalising the ball through the backswing due to the thumb not being in the ball and doing that particular job would be a more accurate description.

Just my 2 cents

John

Don't want this to come accross as sounding like i'm having a shot cause i'm not, but for a hand to support the weight wouldn't it have to be under the ball not on top?
I would think perhaps stabalising the ball through the backswing due to the thumb not being in the ball and doing that particular job would be a more accurate description.
Just my 2 cents
John

Well, the second hand is sort of on the bottom... look below... ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wN79TJ96eUQ

See? :)

for a hand to support the weight wouldn't it have to be under the ball not on top?
John

your kinda right though my left hand is more on the sideof the ball then under it. my dominant hand is under the ball and takes most of the weight...i find that my left hand just guides the ball throughout my backswing.

your kinda right though my left hand is more on the sideof the ball then under it. my dominant hand is under the ball and takes most of the weight...i find that my left hand just guides the ball throughout my backswing.

I'm still figuring out how to get a higher backswing because I need to get my speed up. :confused:

You do not know a thing about two handed bowling so I suggest....:shutup2:

What exactly do I need to know - smart arse.
Since this is open forum I think I have every right to be involved.

Since you have know sooo much knowledge & are this great expert why don't you try to explain ???? or at least contribute
without having ago at me?:mad:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom