10th Rachuig team announced.

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
Seems to have slipped under the radar a little, but welcome to the Australian Defense Force guys and gals, who will be the 10th team at the 2011 Rachuig Tournament.

Seems to have slipped under the radar a little, but welcome to the Australian Defense Force guys and gals, who will be the 10th team at the 2011 Rachuig Tournament.

Sadly shows just how much interest there is in Rachuig, with no comments on the post even after a day.

Sadly shows just how much interest there is in Rachuig, with no comments on the post even after a day.

Maybe the opening post needs to be a little clearer? Is he saying that the defence force have now entered teams into Rachuig? I wasn't exactly sure after reading it....

I beg to differ guys I thought it was self explanatory that the Defence Force will field the 10th teams in both the mens and womens Rachuig event.

Now on another note in answer to Michael Little's post I would say you are correct there is little interest in Rachuig. I don't think that is unreasonable considering there seems to be a point to make it harder and harder to qualify to roll off for it each year. Not to mention the fact there is little if any promotion for the event. Now I agree that the best should be bowling for the state but not encouraging all to at least attempt to roll off seems to defeat the purpose.

On a lighter side to this post are they going to be using the Hammer Arsenal when they bowl or another secret weapon. In all seriousness though welcome aboard to the Australian Defence force tenpin bowlers.

Queensland and Queensland Invitational became 1, Asian team was to be number 10 but not clear as to why but unfortunately could not make it, (don't quote me on that last part) thus allowing the Defence Force to now be in Rachuig.

I beg to differ guys I thought it was self explanatory that the Defence Force will field the 10th teams in both the mens and womens Rachuig event.Now on another note in answer to Michael Little's post I would say you are correct there is little interest in Rachuig. I don't think that is unreasonable considering there seems to be a point to make it harder and harder to qualify to roll off for it each year. Not to mention the fact there is little if any promotion for the event. Now I agree that the best should be bowling for the state but not encouraging all to at least attempt to roll off seems to defeat the purpose.

On a lighter side to this post are they going to be using the Hammer Arsenal when they bowl or another secret weapon. In all seriousness though welcome aboard to the Australian Defence force tenpin bowlers.

Well il beg to differ as well, i thought Rachuig was a state v state competition? Not having been involved at all im standing by what i said that i personally did not understand what he meant. Sure i get the black and white description of what he said but how it all fits into rachuig i did not understand.

Going back to what michael said, theres big interest from a defence point of view. I would of wrote back earlier today but cant on Defence computers.

The guys that are in the team cant wait for Nats and Rachuig.

I believe ADF got the spot because the Asian team pulled out or couldnt make it.

GO ACT! Haha

Not Really , There is plenty of interest
The main thing is that New Zealand don't win !!!!!

GO TEAM NSW

Don't get me wrong, I hope QLD win it as much as any other QLDer, but the event just isn't what it was many moons ago. And it stumps me how any team let the sheep shaggers walk away with the title last year.

From someone who grew up thinking and seeing winning Rachuig as the ulimate State vs State comp for our great sport.Alot of the gloss has been wiped away over the years by costs,the best not bowling and even now how much does it mean to anyone other than the people in the team that wins,when all you get is a few precious hours with that TROPHY(until the end of the dinner) and dont even get to take it home and parade it around your State to Advertise what a great win the team achieved for your State????
I couldn't believe it when i heard two years ago when after all those years of bowling and supporting his State Ash Riley being told no sorry all your hard work in this sport doesn't warrant you taking home the Trophy!
What incentive is there No Trophy and No Prizemoney.

The problem is at grass roots level where the States are now making bowlers turning up to camps to just be eligable and the cost for a lot is no longer feasible also.

It needs to be super simple for your state to get your best options available. Just set a date, a cost, a format and away you go. The simpler state bodies make it, the simpler it will be and interest will return.

For example, in my state, there was a compulsory camp i had to attend that i didnt know about, with a cost which some people cant afford ( i am fortunate that i can), and another upfront cost if you made the team after the roll-off to attend a 2nd camp if you didnt make the 1st camp. You had to pay an upfront deposit for the 2nd camp if you didnt go to the 1st one!

I was seriously considering rolling off for QLD this year but after that, didnt. I was very disappointed about the criteria. My point is, make it simple and people will WANT to bowl.

Maybe next year I might get a chance. Here's hoping.

The problem is at grass roots level where the States are now making bowlers turning up to camps to just be eligable and the cost for a lot is no longer feasible also.

It needs to be super simple for your state to get your best options available. Just set a date, a cost, a format and away you go. The simpler state bodies make it, the simpler it will be and interest will return.

For example, in my state, there was a compulsory camp i had to attend that i didnt know about, with a cost which some people cant afford ( i am fortunate that i can), and another upfront cost if you made the team after the roll-off to attend a 2nd camp if you didnt make the 1st camp. You had to pay an upfront deposit for the 2nd camp if you didnt go to the 1st one!

I was seriously considering rolling off for QLD this year but after that, didnt. I was very disappointed about the criteria. My point is, make it simple and people will WANT to bowl.

Maybe next year I might get a chance. Here's hoping.

It's been exceedingly simple for years. Turn up to roll off. Bowl. Make team. Bowl State Championships (a criteria in NSW, possibly not in other states). Attend 1 or 2 training camps (not strictly compulsory). Bowl Rachuig.
Sorry, that appears to have not been working. I'm glad that TBA has at least shown an initiative to provide a footpath for bowlers to follow. Hopefully, this whole thing gets off the ground and State Teams at all levels will improve and ALL of our state-level competitions will reach the heights that they should.

Back on topic. Good Luck to the ADF teams! Will be great to bowl against you!

Cow

As a member of the ADF Mens Rachuig team, I am looking forward to the competition. It is unfortunate that the Asian teams were unable to take up the invite from TBA. That said, it was truly an honour to have been approached and invited to this wonderful event.

It's been exceedingly simple for years. Turn up to roll off. Bowl. Make team. Bowl State Championships (a criteria in NSW, possibly not in other states). Attend 1 or 2 training camps (not strictly compulsory). Bowl Rachuig.
Sorry, that appears to have not been working. I'm glad that TBA has at least shown an initiative to provide a footpath for bowlers to follow. Hopefully, this whole thing gets off the ground and State Teams at all levels will improve and ALL of our state-level competitions will reach the heights that they should.

Back on topic. Good Luck to the ADF teams! Will be great to bowl against you!

Cow

Having been born and bred in NSW Steve and only moving to QLD about 3 years ago, I amaware of the process for both states. It is how it is, as I earlier explained in QLD.

You have a compulsory camp to attend, for out about $100 and don't get me wrong, I think these camps can be good dependant on structure and who is coaching at them, lucky up here there are a few good coaches, but when you add the cost and make it mandatory and not adequately advertise it, that is a big difference from what it could be in relation to being easier, and that is what i am getting at.

The concept is fine, but the processes and costs involved are not for most people, and that is what it is about when trying to entice people to bowl in any event, it is about the bowlers. If you think that way then you get the participation, regardless.

My suggestion that State champs or equivalent for North QLD, optional to attend camp(s), nominate, pay your money, which should be as good as anyone elses, bowl, and if you are good enough, get the privelege of representing your state.

Now that is simple! :)

Now that is simple! :)
So to go back to other sports such as Football (soccer), to get a Socceroos jersey you need to show up on a trials day, outplay whoever else decided to show up, and then go home with a uniform and wait for the world cup to roll around? What about improving your players? Learning to work together? Sharing experience? Training together?

As an administrator I think the new plan is a great thing, my juniors are mingling with my youth, my youth are getting to know the adults, heaven forbid I might be getting some fresh blood into those Rachuig trials in the next year or two. We've also maximised our teams potential with additional training and practice, we've done three development weekends - two of which were compulsory - and it's all been generally well received.

As it happens last weekend I delivered a lecture about professionalism to our development squad. I'm trying to get sponsors on board. Sponsors want to be represented. We need to be clean, professional, well-organised if we're going to persuade anyone to throw money at us. These things are improving the process.

Perhaps it was merely communication/notification that was the issue in Queensland, that you didn't know what the process was before it started. The process itself is definitely a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom