rachuig announcement for 2006

griggsy

2006 Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament Announcement
Tuesday, 15th November 2005 - Tenpin Bowling Australia is pleased to announce the introduction of ranking points and a prize fund linked to the 2006 Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament. These rule changes have been designed to encourage all our country’s elite bowlers to represent their State/Territory or Zone, compete nationally at the highest level and ultimately compete in a ranked event, with significant prize money as a result.

if i have read this correctly it seems like a great leap in the right direction for our sport

It is a move that had to come. Might drag a few more players out of the woodwork. As much of a Rachuig traditionalist as I am, I welcome this move by TBA as it is the first step in bring Rachuig back to the pre-eminent teams event in the world.

People are no longer willing (except a few like me) to fork out big money to go away for a week and have little hope of financial return and at least now there may be some incentive to those who can no longer justify doing so to have a rethink.

A little birdie has also told me that a few other changes maybe taking place with the Aussie Nationals, involving both Rachuig and the Masters.

I hope the little birdie was correct and these are announced soon.

All the things that can bring this event back to the fore front are good idea's. This year was my first Rachuig, and loved it. I am happy to fork out the money to represent my state, adn feel privledged that l got the chance this year. If the prizemoney is introduced all the better, as it means that bowlers will be willing to give it a go, and the more better, as it will mean even more when you compete for your state, knowing that you have made it by beating the best that was on offer.

Lets hope my littel birdie is able to make the announcement soon, as it sounded very interesting.

Do any of the changes made affect elligibility to qualify/nominate? Just wondering if any other changes have been made, is there a full explanation of changes somewhere? I may have just missed it.

interesting to note that on the preliminary 2006 Nationals schedule of events, Masters commences at 6pm on the last day of Rachuig.........:confused:

Other than the fact the you have to bowl at 6.00pm after rachuig (but hey more insentive to get a bye first round) i think it is really good having the diner dance after both rachuig and masters.

um... wow!

from tba website

Format and Rules For 2006 Australian Open Masters
These rules for the 2006 Australian Open Masters are linked to the Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament and are designed to encourage all our country’s elite bowlers to compete at Rachuig and ultimately compete in a ranked event, with prize money, as a result. The new Australian Open Masters has been included on the 2006 National Rankings Tours and will include a significant prize fund and double ranking points.

Eligibility - This is a scratch event which is open to all adult bowlers affiliated with Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited. To be eligible to compete in the final, every bowler (including the Defending Champions) must have completed an “All Events" entry in the TBA Australian Tenpin Bowling Championship.
Qualifying - Qualifying series will be the highest three (3) game singles or doubles attempt bowled during the TBA Australian Tenpin Bowling Championship until completion of the 6.00pm squad on Thursday 26th October. Any Singles or Doubles attempt used for qualifying will incur an additional qualifying fee of $10.00 (Ten dollars) which must be paid prior to the squad in which the bowler is participating.

Seedings - Seeded number one will be the Defending champion, if still eligible. Seeded number two to four will be next top 3 qualifiers from the TBA Australian Tenpin Bowling Championship. Seeded five to sixteen will be the twelve top averages from the Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament seeded in order of average obtained over a minimum of 12 games during Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament

State and Territory Masters Champions will be seeded amongst the qualifiers based upon their highest Singles or Doubles attempt. If any State or Territory Masters Champion does not exercise their right to participate in the Final, the number of qualifying positions available will be increased by one for each right not exercised.

Seeded seventeen to forty will be the next top 24 qualifiers from the TBA Australian Tenpin Bowling Championship. If there is a duplication of qualifiers after Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament then that bowlers highest seeding position will apply and the next highest reserve will fill the position.

Final – Round 1
Bowlers seeded positions 1 through 4 will receive a double round bye to Round 3
Bowlers seeded positions 5 through 16 will receive a single round bye to Round 2
Bowlers filling qualifying positions 17 through 40 will compete in Round 1 single elimination format. Each match will be the best of 5 games.

If a player fails to check-in for the Finals, the highest available non-qualifier will be invited to replace the absent player. After the first match, no further replacements will be permitted. Non-appearance will result in forfeiture of the match with the player present bowling without opposition, and advancing to the next round.

All players will be given practice on the pair of lanes assigned for their single elimination match.

Final – Round 2
Bowlers seeded positions 5 through 16 will be seeded and compete against the winners from Round 1. Each match will be the best of 5 games.
Final – Round 3
Bowlers seeded positions 1 through 4 will be seeded and compete against the winners from Round 2. Each match will be the best of 5 games.
Final – Round 4
Winners from Round 3 will compete in a single elimination format. Each match will be the best of 5 games. Round 4 Losers will finish 5th equal for the purposes of prize fund distribution.
Final – Semi Final
Winners from the Quarter Finals will compete in a single elimination format. Each match will be the best of 5 games. Semi Final Losers will finish 3rd for the purposes of prize fund distribution.
Final – Grand Final
Winners from the Semi Finals will compete in a single elimination format. Each match will be the best of 5 games. The Winner will be declared the 2006 Australian Masters Championship.

Ties - In the event of any ties in a match, total pinfall over the 5 games in a match will determine the winner of that match. Any subsequent tie will require a 10th frame playoff until the tie is broken.

Check-in Times Final
All Men & Women — Final Check-in by 6.00pm Friday 27th October 2006
Note: Bowlers not checked by designated check-in time will be replaced with the next highest reserve.
The Defending Champions will receive a free entry.

PRIZES*

1st PLACE - $2000.00, Trophy, Medallion, Shirt, Free Entry to the TBA Australian Open Masters
2nd PLACE - $1000.00 & Medallion
3rd equal - $750.00 Each Plus Medallion
5th equal - $500.00 Each

Back
Top Bottom