2007 Rachuig

If we were to have one team only.....(hope not)

I agree that Jase's idea is good but on the other hand the association challenge always clashes with the Melbourne Cup. So any bowler chasing rankings points wont bowl association challenge.

So maybe take top three from association challenge if any of the top three dont wish to be nominated then the just continue down the all stars list until they get three.

And then the remainder of the team be selected by a roll off over two other weekends. One ranked event in North QLD and one in South QLD.

I agree it's a good idea, but the association challenge only goes as far as Rockhampton. For the idea to be fair, shouldn't the Association Challenge invite a team from Townsville, Cairns and Mackay (and Ayr .. sorry Sam).

This is precisely the point I am trying to make! South Queensland already has a team remember! Any 2nd team should be made up only of bowlers residing in the current NQ area in my opinion. Not 3 places and slip in another 4 from SQ.

It’s a shame that the state has to have a team cut, as i have thought in the past why not cull the teams that struggle to get people to roll off or field a team for that matter. There seem to be a few teams each year that draft players and yet they have a right to stay in the competition. I know it’s a National tournament and by doing this would change the aspect a little, just a shame that the teams that have no worries fielding teams get cut, but the couple that don’t get to stay in the comp and draft.

In saying that why is it that we think we are entitled to have two teams in the comp. I mean nothing stopping any other state or territory submitting a second team to try and get selected is there?

Ice said:
This is precisely the point I am trying to make! South Queensland already has a team remember! Any 2nd team should be made up only of bowlers residing in the current NQ area in my opinion. Not 3 places and slip in another 4 from SQ.

Ice can you explain to me how south queensland already have a team, i think i have missied something????:confused: :confused:

Sure Jase. Well South Queensland have a Rachuig team right, so if TBAQ decides to invite a 2nd team to participate I am saying i believe it should be a QLD Nth team not a team made up of both North and south bowlers.
Did I miss something??? Have I not understood what is being proposed?

This year we have north and south, next year is a straight Queensland team, so you explain to me how next year we have a south Queensland team already?

Ice ...

I know you have been out of the loop, being offline for a while... it's now a QLD team, not a SQ or NQ team.

Sorry didn't explain that well did I! If Qld has a team and is allowed to field a second invitational team why not leave it as it is now??????? North and south

Maybe because the team we do field will all ready contain North and South. I think if we have a second Team invited we need to be told before any roll off is considered for either North and South, not to mention enough time for people to fund raise or apply for time of work etc.

I think alot of Plan b's need to be in motion as to when and weather we find out how many Teams Queensland can field.

This really will be a major matter for the forum at the AGM.
TBA have said they are sending Qld a proposal to present to the Qld AGM, unfortunately due to other committments both Peter C. and Alex P. will be unable to attend on Saturday.
For those of you who are not sure of the venue or time - It is scheduled to start at 10.00am at Milton Bowl.

Jase said:
It’s a shame that the state has to have a team cut, as i have thought in the past why not cull the teams that struggle to get people to roll off or field a team for that matter. There seem to be a few teams each year that draft players and yet they have a right to stay in the competition. I know it’s a National tournament and by doing this would change the aspect a little, just a shame that the teams that have no worries fielding teams get cut, but the couple that don’t get to stay in the comp and draft.
In saying that why is it that we think we are entitled to have two teams in the comp. I mean nothing stopping any other state or territory submitting a second team to try and get selected is there?
That's nice. So because teams like Tas and NT don't have the bowler numbers to draw Rachuig bowlers from, we should be the ones to suffer and no longer have the honour of being able to represent our States? I am not too sure that your comment about NQ not having any worries fielding teams is really on the mark either. From what I have seen, they haven't got an over abundance of women nominating for Rachuig each year either.

I just received this from Peter.

2007 Queensland Teams to Youth Teams Challenge,
Senior Teams Challenge and Walter Rachuig Trophy
The following letter was tabled at the TBAQ AGM on the 18th March 2006.
Under the guidance of the Australian Sports Commission, Tenpin Bowling Australia has revamped the interstate team challenges forming part of the various National Championships. This change requires the introduction of a single team representing Queensland into various events in 2007.

Tenpin Bowling Australia has been very pleased with the attendance and performance of the two zone teams from Queensland over the previous three years. Accordingly, Tenpin Bowling Australia is pleased to extend an invitation to Tenpin Bowling Association of Queensland to field a team representing Queensland and an additional invitational team into the following

events:
2007 National Youth Teams Challenge
2007 National Senior Teams Challenge
2007 Walter Rachuig Trophy

The formation and makeup of the invitational team to these events is left entirely to the discretion of Tenpin Bowling Association of Queensland Inc. and in accordance with the rules of the various events.

We look forward to the attendance of these teams in 2007.

"As in the past 3 years, New Zealand have been extended an invitation to field a team into the 2007 Walter Rachuig Trophy, 2007 Youth Teams Challenge and 2007 National Seniors Team Challenge. TBNZ President, Craig Nevatt, has responded immediately with an acceptance on behave of his Board.

TBA look forward to NZ being part of these events in 2007.

Unfortunately, NZ have declined to field a team into the Walter De Veer Restricted Challenge"

Peter Coburn
Tenpin Bowling Australia Chairperson

Back
Top Bottom