2007 Rachuig

Sounds good Andrew,

If that doesn't work, and we are back to one team, perhaps TBAQ could look at using the qualifying scores from one of the ranked tournaments in NQ and the K&K in SQ as the Rachuig qualifiers. Timing of the tournaments will be an issue, but that would help offset the costs of travelling.

Andrew, the offical statement says.

TBA MAY from time to time wish to invite other teams so to me that means not every year they will invite teams

So what do we do sit back and hope that NQ gets an invite into Rachuig before the next millenium](*,)

Kerri

Thumpa said:
Andrew, the offical statement says.
TBA MAY from time to time wish to invite other teams so to me that means not every year they will invite teams
So what do we do sit back and hope that NQ gets an invite into Rachuig before the next millenium](*,)
Kerri

Kerri,

Andrew is only suggesting things, nothing Andrew says is ever thought out :D :D hey Andrew?????

I suggest that like i have said in the past that no one can answer these questions other than TBA.

You can contact Peter on the email address below.
[email protected]

I can say that i think New Zealand will get an invite for as long as they want to play in the competition....

Dare I say it maybe Full selection may be the cheaper option.

Andrew S. said:
(This argument is supported by the fact that De Veer has been left untouched.)

Deveer unfortunately doesn't come into the funding argument......there is no ASC funding for graded or handicapped (scores wise) teams in any sport Australia wide......WDV is simply a precursor to the main event of Rachuig, an event at the National level for those of us whose averages are simply are not good enough to fill the Open ranks.

I can't understand leaving President Shield untouched tho...it is not graded, and is the first step towards youth and rachuig.........

If NZ get an invite, then without NQ the comp has 9 teams. Can't see them wanting a bye?

WDV has had to play a bye ever since NZ joined as NZ don't send a WDV team. Boy is that bye hard to beat as you have to bowl over your average to win a point.

Having emailed Peter Coburn, it seems that the excision of NQ as a separate team is at the 'request' of the ASC. Since the ASC gives TBA a significant amount of money, unfortunately TBA simply had to comply. They were told to do the same with Presidents Shield, but managed to convince them that it would not be a good idea. Quote: "Australian Sports Commission also wished to adopt this same structure for President's Shield but we argued against this and received a concession for the junior event only."

According to Peter, NZ will be invited for as long as they wish to attend, and it is his intention to invite NQ as long as the Board approve. TBA don't seem to be at fault here, as they cannot afford to chuck away a quarter of a million a year in funding, so we just have to hope that NQ can backdoor into the tournament. In the meantime, it is probably worth exploring some alternative rolloff/selection/training options in case we don't get the nod. Despite bowling like a ruptured duck in the tournament, I had a great time and intend to make the effort to rolloff in 2007, whether that be for NQ or just Q.

My personal opinion is that full selection is a bad option, as the selectors won't get to see all of the bowlers unless they travel to all of the tournaments, North and South. My feeling is that the best option is to link selection rolloffs to one northern and one southern tournament. That leaves the problem of training camps to be addressed, and it may be cheaper to fly the coach(es) up or down and have just one combined camps.

This assumes that a mix of bowlers make the team, of course. :)

Yes, it is a backward step for Queensland bowling, but getting hysterical over something that TBA really don't have any choice in is not going to help anyone.

Cheers, Robbie.

In the early days of De Veer I used to schedule a North roll-off and a South roll-off. Both were held on the same day. The North were allocated 3 spots in the Team and the South were allocated 4 spots.
If a fair division could be decided on, that could be a possible option.

here is an idea.....

Why not hold the roll off's as normal next year both south and north and get two teams as normal. once this is done perhaps the north can play south in a home and away senario the north team travels to brisbane for x games and vise versa. These two dates would coincide with a tournament in Brisbane and in the North. The play-off could take place on either the friday before or the monday after the tournament or whenever really. The top 7 to play rachuig would come from a combination of average and points won... something like that... That would be the Queensland team if in the event that NQ where invited then we could have a Qld and a Qld A team (made up of 8th to 14th) for rachuig. Just an idea but i am sure the TBAQ "board" will come up with a solution.

pilko said:
here is an idea.....
Why not hold the roll off's as normal next year both south and north and get two teams as normal. once this is done perhaps the north can play south in a home and away senario the north team travels to brisbane for x games and vise versa. These two dates would coincide with a tournament in Brisbane and in the North. The play-off could take place on either the friday before or the monday after the tournament or whenever really. The top 7 to play rachuig would come from a combination of average and points won... something like that... That would be the Queensland team if in the event that NQ where invited then we could have a Qld and a Qld A team (made up of 8th to 14th) for rachuig. Just an idea but i am sure the TBAQ "board" will come up with a solution.
sounds like a good idea abit like the way the NSWRL used to pick their origin side after city vs country games

Here is an update on 2007.
Following discussion between TBAQ and TBA it has been agreed by Alex that Queensland may also field an invitational team from any region chosen by TBAQ.

How about inviting the winning Assoc Challange teams?

hamster

Ps just an idea , mite be a daft one but then again mite have credit.;)

Wow! Go offline for a couple of weeks and miss all sorts of stuff! This is a huge step backwards and a real loss for NQ. I would have to say if an invitational team is to be allowed at TBAQ's discression how could any reasonable person not chose to allow NQ to continue to field a team? This loss will further jeopardise the future of the sport in an area already struggling to keep it alive. SHAME, SHAME SHAME!

PS. Now that I am a S QLD'er I certainly hope that this will not be taken as an opportunity to field a second team from S QLD...that would be in pretty poor taste in my opinion.

No Andrew I don't. But I am sure there are some bowlers who would and would push for that, and it was those to whom I was referring.

Interesting comments, as for a second South Qld Team, how is this case if they are only sending one Team away and calling it Queensland. I am sure that Queensland Team based on last years two Teams, it would most definitely have representatives from the north in it.

Tony your idea also has some merit but perhaps rather than the winning association Team, maybe the all-stars Team from the associations would be a good idea. You’re getting the highest averages over 18 games in a 5 man Team environment. I think that if was looked at, it would start to bring back the numbers even just trying to roll off for these Association teams.

I think Jase's idea has merrit. At least then you have the top 5 (or 7) men & women from a 5 man team tournament format. That way you know you have the best bowlers in that format and as Jase has said it would encourage more people to compete in the association challenge.

Back
Top Bottom