Important information for Rachuig 2010

bm2

I'm still standin'
In the course of the accreditation procedures for this years entry form, the following change to Rachuig has come to light - according to the update, this change came into effect on the 1st January this year....

5. STATES/TERRITORIES/ZONES TO BE REPRESENTED
Participation in the Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament will be limited to:
(a) One team of six (6) males and one team of six (6) females representing the following
areas of Australia: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory,
Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia.
(b) Any other teams that TBA may from time to time wish to invite.

The Queensland roll off will proceed as per the nomination form, the guaranteed prizemoney of $2500 will now go to the 24 bowlers who form the two Queensland sides, and not 28 as originally listed. The top 20 men and women on pinfall from the roll off at Mackay will still be the 2010 Rachuig squad, and the two teams will be selected from within those ranks.

I take it that TBA has invited a second Queensland team??

Otherwise, by the above ruling Queensland A would not be a legal team.

Just curious, as this may considerably affect people's decision to go to the roll off or not.

Cheers.

Rhyss

TBA have confirmed that Queensland Invitational and New Zealand will be participating in the 2010 competition. The whole purpose of the post was to advise bowlers that it is now a 6 person team, and not 7 as it has been since........

All's good, I kind of assumed that was the case.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

As Murphy's law dictates:
If the question isn't asked and the situation turns out to differ from assumption, the first thing that will be said is 'Why didn't you ask?'

Cheers Broni,

Rhyss.

Back
Top Bottom