Earphones on the Lanes

what do you think of bowlers wearing earphones on the Lanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is just my 2 cents on this topic. Now as long as you can talk in a conversation and been asked a question hear or there while listening to music that would be fine with me but when they don't repsond it's a bit rude but as people have said above as long as you can speak in a conversation then fine listen to there music dosen't bother me as i use to do it with my cd player had the volume lower so i could still speak when spoken to..

Chris
just my 2 cents

why does it matter.
i dont believe earphones could be classified as performance enhancers as they are niether illegal nor effect other opponents games.
just like some people wear wrist gaurds - some people wear earphones.
its no big deal.
and if they are anti social due to them??
well - they are there to bowl.
let them be.

I think its fine to wear them while you are waiting to bowl.
But I dont believe you should be allowed to wear them while your on the approach bowling.

I have at times worn my ipod while in a tournament & that was to try & relax after bowling bad. It actually helps to calm you down & get back on track.

If I have it on, I will just have the one earphone in & have it low enough to be able to have a conversation with someone & hear whats going on around me.

I suppose these days, you do what works for you.

Jenny ;)

I don't care either way - some people are rude wether they have them on or not it's just thier nature.

I, personally, don't wear them - however, it doesn't worry me when bowlers wear them during tournaments (singles). I do agree that when bowlers wear them in league, it isn't very sociable. I have bowled with Broni in league teams and she has never worn them - Broni only wears them in tournaments (singles).

I think its fine to wear them while you are waiting to bowl.
But I dont believe you should be allowed to wear them while your on the approach bowling.

Throwing my thought in I do agree with Twwety I have used it just to calm me and get my thinking back on the game again but I can still here everything going on around me. It's really up to the person if you want to wear it go ahead and where it but if you don't then don't wear them. It's simple.

serious question to the guys who have them on when they actuallly bowl
Do you feel it effects your timing at all?

I know ive considered using them but am concerned it will quicken up my approach.

Cam, it all comes down to exactly what sort of music you have on your player!!

I have a mixture of fast and slow, but not very much of the heavy stuff. I find I listen to the music until I get myself set for the shot, then block it out until after the ball has been released. I tend to skip songs every now and then, listening to the ones that keep my mood upbeat, and I find that helps my concentration better - I have (for me) some inspirational songs that motivate me, and other light, boppy ones that just make me feel good. (to those who have had to listen to me sing along with the voices in my head - SORRY!!!!:p )

Brenton Saying about ron Spiteri could be related to me as well. i would not listen to music but on a Saturday afternoon Playing interdistrict in sydney,would see me always listening to the races. Yes I am sure even I said a few Colourful words as well. excuse must go and catch the next race.

Cam, a bit of Culture Club should keep ya timing down..... if not it will put ya to sleep... lol :p

I would think it's acceptable in between shots to relax to some tunes, even while you're bowling to help you relax on a lower volume. But i'm not so sure I agree with music while you bowl purely to block out your surroundings. In 'theory land', you could say someone is gaining a competitive advantage, over someone who might have worked hard on their concentration and focus regardless of what's going on around them. A shortcut to better focus for some?

Just a theory; in reality I don't really mind people doing whatever they need to do to get the best out of themselves. But earphones aren't for me.

I dont think that it could be rude at all. I know that anytime that I have used my mp3 player is because im bowling bad and want to figure things out and get out of my bad mood. I want to get into my zone not anyone elses. I dont do it often but when I do my music is up loud enough for me to block out all my bad thoughts.
We arent being rude we just want to be in our zone, our world. I dont intend to offend anyone I just wanna bowl good.

Back
Top Bottom