Position on the wearing of shorts in tournaments

Shorts... Or No Shorts???

• Shorts

Votes: 220 83.0%
  • No Shorts

Votes: 45 17.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm i wonder if any of you used to bowl in the "old days" you know back in the 70's and 80's when a bowler look half decent the ladies work skirts the men wore trousers and no one bowled without a collar and believe it or not the air con never worked then, i remember bowling at Clayfield in the Ladies Sunshine Special it was as hot as hell, nobody whinged we just went down the bar and had a drink !!!
Shorts are ok if you have the bod to wear them (men and women)
Jan Nordin have not heard that name for years !!!! Jan if your out there try and guess who it is, here is a clue "let me outa here my brain hurts" lol

Can't say I really enjoyed bowling in the collared shirts and trousers back then either, but I do agree that the A/C never worked back then! :cool:

How's it going Wendi?
Jan

The answer is simple. if guy's ain't allowed to wear shorts women ain't allowed to wear them.
It is sexual discrimination, they have it in the workforce, bowling is no different.
Last year at the S.A cup the air conditioner wasn't working and it was stifling in there, i hope this year it's working ok, if not i will be wearing shorts or pulling out of the tourny.
If bowlers are now allowed to wear sponsored T shirts, then we should be allowed to wear shorts.
Alan

Bring a couple pair of shorts Alan. Nobody's got off their arse to fix the Air-Con since last year.

Well, the poll shows that over 80 percent of the bowlers would prefer to wear shorts during tournament play. I hope the tournament directors sit up and take notice.

Cheers
Jan

This is a great poll!

I do think shorts should be allowed but only in high heat. I think it looks professional wearing pants but as someone who will sweat at the drop of the hat. I would prefer to wear pants on hot days.

But saying this I still believe that if the weather is not extremly hot then bowlers should be able to put up with bowling in pants. That is my what I think anyway!

Thank God that TBA doesn't advise Tennis Australia on appropriate attire for tennis or even the football! (Bring on footy players in short shorts!!!) Gees even lawn bowling is more flexible.

Come on guys! We are trying to make bowling more attractive for bowlers. Stop keeping us in the dark ages with your futile policy. Get with 2007, not keep us in 1960. Bring in color and personalities, the more rules that you put in front of people the more reasons you give them NOT to participate.

No shorts, no De Veer, higher registration fees makes other sports look better and better.
Get with the program and into the new Millenium.

Up here in Brizzy, I bowl for the Gold Coast and we always wear black shorts at tournaments or training sessions.

Living in Werribee for 5 years has taught me that in winter wear long pants when going down south.

Eg. The president's Shield

No need for shorts. Jan 27th & 28th in Adelaide going to be 25 C partly cloudy both days.

for the future exposure of our great game we need to get with the times and upgrade our sport, we should have the choice of wearing shorts, especially in tornaments a bowler could be in a centre all day in hot conditions

Some bowlers prefer to bowl in either long or short sleeves and some prefer short or long pants. It's not a weather issue but more so a comfort one.

Wouldn't have thought shorts a big deal as long as it was specified that the distance from the knee would have been maybe 5cm, which should apply to both men and women.

I hope it won't be too long before the dress code moves into the 20th century. Not that I'm insinuating that there is a closeness in profile but tennis players, for example, have there uniforms sponsored.

Just my thought.
Dozza ;) ;) ;)

Bowling next year.....

300px-Borat.jpg

55188.35OSCAR-NOMINATIONS-BORAT-SCRIPT.sff.jpg

And of course:
borat.jpg

That guy reminds me of someone.... Think of these pictures before you vote :D

high five!

well we all know women are louder than men! but I think allowed (as in they are allowed to and we are not) is what you are after :p

ummm Jay K I think you mean TAILORED (as in tailored shorts)........ Is there no spell check around here because it would seem that many need it :p

I dont see why men cant wear shorts. DRESS shorts and for team events, possibly have the whole team wearing them or the whole team wearing pants? It looks neater however the debate will then begin on which, jus as it does for ladies skirts, shorts or pants? U guys ready for that? Big decision.....

Back
Top Bottom