Slow Bowling and Lane Courtesy

i normaly only give one lane however becouse of the shot i throw (backup stright down the line) i start my approch veary hard left on the lane and if i see someone bowling on the hard right of the lane 2 lanes down i'll give way to that person as well however i only expect people to give me 1 lane courtesy i dont think the rules need to change 1 lane is enough but if you want more room well then you will have to wait till the space is avliable

In tournaments I generally maintain eye contact with those on the lanes around me if they're at the ball return, it slows me down a bit which is good, so as I'm not rushing.
Everyone seems to look at each other, and a nod of the head or a wave of the hand and things usually run like clockwork that way.

I was bowling practice games the other night with some cockwad doing handstands on the approach 2 lanes to my left at the foul-line.
For once it didn't bother me, in the past, I may have stopped halfway and thrown the ball at him. Good concentration training however.

the rules states

Rule 201 Clause 2 "Take your time, but don't waste time by posing or waiting until everyone else is off the adjacent approaches"

Rule 119 No Unreasonable Delay. Last Sentance "if the lanes are available, play shall proceed"

Rule 211 Slow bowling
"players preparing to step up on the approach and deliver a ball shall have the following rights and obligations
a) They may claim right of way only over a player moving to the approach or preparing to bowl on the lane immediatly to their left
b) Players shall yeild to a player miving to the approach or preparing to bowl on the lane immediately to their right
c) Players shall be ready to bowl when it is their turn and shall not delay the start of their approach or delivery if the lane immediatly adjacent to them on both the right and the left are clear
d) From the time the player steps on to the approach, no more than 20 seconds is to have elasped before the delivery olf the ball

If a player does not observe the procedures outlined in a,b,c and d above, it may be construed as slow bowling. "

the above rules were taken from the tbal rule book ver 5.6 dated 2/05/04

I find the rules to be very clear and concise.

only one lane grace, not two.

Ian Jones

So why do we insist on taking 2 at national level? And in some cases, local tournament level?

I apologise if I offend anyone, but tournaments just take far too long. I personally think this needs to be fixed up and quickly.

Back
Top Bottom