Bowling Etiquette

But if contact for some reason is unavoidable make sure you hit her hard. The harder you hit her the less likely it will be she'll do it again.
Not quite how I would've said it, but yes make sure it's memorable (without being deliberately brutal, of course). Give her something to learn by.

Keeping in mind that she owns the wood for one lane either side of her lane, so if you're right beside her she has right of way (RULE201(4)) across the front of you.

It's a good way to learn though. I remember being kicked in the face years ago when a bowler flung their foot to counterbalance. They were bowling an aggressive hook and I was bowling straight down the 5 board at the time.

They apologised, but it is useful to know what bowlers can do on the lanes. Some will ride 5 lanes or more so you have to prepare yourself for that. Others scuff their foot when they miss an easy spare, and some may even stand right behind you ready to bowl on your lane after you. Then of course, you will find those bowlers who scream at the pins.

Everyone has their habits, but if you know what to expect, it doesn't shock you anymore. Not to say these things should be condoned, but unless you tell them, they probably don't know they bother you.

I've always found if you wait until they are actually walking back past the ball return before you commence your shot has always been the safest way to approach it. Cant get into trouble ant time then.

Then again it doesnt really matter when you get blind sided from 7-8 lanes away by Brenton Davy riding a double.

dont most bowlers concentrate better with no distractions? so if sumone is launching themselves onto the approach to 'race' u or something then its probably affecting their game too... if not when u back off make it known to them... sigh loudly or something, then they'll have it on their mind, if they want to improve they'll learn the game is a mental one and wont get far by rushing to annoy other people

As for yourself, waiting a little longer does a lot of bowlers good, rushing into a shot doesnt help anyone, but in saying that im not one to stand there for ages either, we all have our own rythm

Bec,
The smart thing to do would be like someone else said, wait until she has done her thing & finished her acrobatics on the lane.
But if contact for some reason is unavoidable make sure you hit her hard. The harder you hit her the less likely it will be she'll do it again.

I Know its "unsportsman like" to say stuff like this... But I Hate This Chick With A Passion

And After Talking to my coach about it. (He runs the league)
and not anything being done about it. Its Just Like Talking To A Brick wall.. except i would get more out of the brick wall.
Let`s Just Say Should wouldnt get far in a tournament
I know i have to just concerntrate on my game.. but it is getting very frustrating.

cheers,

Back
Top Bottom