Cranbourne lanes, vic.. are they full length

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can confirm whether the Cranbourne Bowland lanes are the full standard 60ft from fouline???? I have only bowled there twice, but they sure look short when standing on the approach.. Maybe its just my eyes failing me...

Peace out. LOTP:confused:

Different coloured walls and ceilings, different fluro bulbs and lots of other things can affect the 'appearence' of the lanes. If really in doubt ask for a tape measure

One main thing which can make the lanes seem longer or shorter is the gap between the masking units and the pins, which can vary quite a bit from centre to centre.

Ok, anyone out there bowl there??

I work close by and went in one luchtime, and again a couple of months later.. It must be my old eyes playing tricks on me, I swear it looked a tad shorter..

Not sure whether centre is certified or not. Can anyone confirm this..

Please indulge my curiosity on this, I have to know!!
See u later LOTP

Ok, anyone out there bowl there??

I work close by and went in one luchtime, and again a couple of months later.. It must be my old eyes playing tricks on me, I swear it looked a tad shorter..

Not sure whether centre is certified or not. Can anyone confirm this..

Please indulge my curiosity on this, I have to know!!
See u later LOTP

A tad shorter from when you went one lunchtime, to a couple of months later?!? :p

I think you have your answer. LOL. :D

Before you reply ... I know what you meant, just having a laugh.

cheers,

too long too short it would be nice just to have some oil on the lane considering i bowled a 218 with a Simpson's novelty ball!. starting 2nd dot from the left and aiming second arrow from the right. my hook ball i use was not even making to the pins. the length issue, well that just might be the methane fumes coming from the tip making everyone a bit dizzy. sounds like they better start evacuating people again :) and to get something certified in that town well how much you got! They wander why Paul trotter walked out half way through his second game.

One main thing which can make the lanes seem longer or shorter is the gap between the masking units and the pins, which can vary quite a bit from centre to centre.

PhantomD is spot on, the closer the masking unit is to the foul line, the shorter the lane is percieved to be

The main practical reason for the masking units being different from centre to centre is amf machines the mechanic will access frome the rear, which allows the masking units to be as close to the machine as possible, as for the brunswick machine there is a catwalk along the front of the machine from which the mechanic must step down onto the lane and access the machine from the front as there is no rear access therefore masking units must be moved forward to allow room for this to happen....

2 things 1/ i worked on odin machines which had a walkway in front off these machine as well
2/ have a look at centres that are put in shopping centres with cement post in between the lanes and the gaps between certain lanes

Cranbourne is the correct length. The masking wall is placed slightly further forward than most centres with AMF style machines. Also, as the masking wall is backlit, the impression of it being even closer is common.

2 things 1/ i worked on odin machines which had a walkway in front off these machine as well
2/ have a look at centres that are put in shopping centres with cement post in between the lanes and the gaps between certain lanes

Take no notice of anything said by anyone who has worked on Odin machines. Not possible to work on Odin machines and remain sane. I should know !!

Back
Top Bottom