Bryan Woszczeiko (C)
Neil Webb
Michael Bosma
Brian Walsh
Paul Hegarty
Manager - Paul Stanton

Well done to all

hey woza

what happened to captain "i'll lead from the top" motta???

is he still hung over from celebrating avoiding the wooden spoon???

Woza - Has Jenny bowled before (eg under maiden name)

I also notice that Brian Walsh is back into the team for the first time since 1992. Did he quit and make a comeback - or bowl somewhere else?

GB

Woza - Has Jenny bowled before (eg under maiden name)
I also notice that Brian Walsh is back into the team for the first time since 1992. Did he quit and make a comeback - or bowl somewhere else?
GB
Jenny's' first CCup and Brian Walsh has made a comeback after quite a few years away from the scene.
You guys think that I get fired up you aint seen nothing yet ;) must be somthing with the name

Besides a couple of names the Latrobe mens side looks like one from 15 to 20 years ago. Where are all the young bowlers down there.

Jenny's' first CCup and Brian Walsh has made a comeback after quite a few years away from the scene.
You guys think that I get fired up you aint seen nothing yet ;) must be somthing with the name

your a front runner woza, thats all you is, and your team is redundant if you aren't front running, it must be in the name though, hard and str8, will work wonders at sale, at least you wont get blown away by people who can score when a conditions down :p :p

about time you gave me some ammo ;)

Besides a couple of names the Latrobe mens side looks like one from 15 to 20 years ago. Where are all the young bowlers down there.

good point sinski, its the only town that breeds 75% of the states junior talent, yet has a poor conversion rate when it comes to making it in local adult ranks.

maybe woza after you reply to my prior post, you can answer this one, seeing you'd be 1 of the few that made it to say 21, many state shirts have gone morwells way in the last 20 years, with very little conversion

Since you were in the bowl on Friday night Craig does that mean that you are coming back to the Valley to join your brother:?:

maybe woza after you reply to my prior post, you can answer this one, seeing you'd be 1 of the few that made it to say 21, many state shirts have gone morwells way in the last 20 years, with very little conversion
Cant argue with the stats
lets see pres shield/youth state rep and CCup rep since 1991
Mens team - Me 10th cup next year at Sale , Michael Bosma 2nd Cup next year , Ian Hogg 1 cup - now in melbourne, Ryan Hinton 1 cup - not sure of locationnow/still bowling?, Your prodigy Brett Lacey was down to trial this year but fractured his arm at work 2 weeks ago. Matt Warren - moved to melboure/bowling???& Brendan Tisher hasnt bowled for years.
Ladies Team
Bea Raynor – 1 Cup now lives in Melbourne/still bowling??, Nicky Buntman 9 cups still bowls just had new baby girl, Tanya Butman 2 Cups now lives in Melbourne, Tracey Woszczeiko 4th Cup at Sale, Nicole Vardy not bowling, Katie Ellingham 1 Cup, Lee Pendlebury – Not bowling , Tammy Battle ???, Sarah Jayne Arnold 3 cups – now lives and bowls in Melbourne, Katie Arnold 2 Cups now lives and bowls in Melbourne Debrah Bosma – Had to give up bowling and Jodie Motta 1 Cup and now looking after the “special” people in Towwnsville ;)
I suppose the hardest thing keeping local juniors local these days is schooling and job vacancies - I was lucky went to the local university and picked up job locally after finishing my degree. Since then the University has scaled down its services considerably. Quite a few of the juniors have had to move away from the area for schooling/jobs so they are then lost locally. Some give it away and then come back years later, some never comeback at all. Some just cant make the next step - they have trialled at CCup and fail to make the team. As for a conversion rate of State Rep to CCup Rep yes it is not great but alot of other centres would be in the same boat

Since you were in the bowl on Friday night Craig does that mean that you are coming back to the Valley to join your brother:?:

No I am still living in Melbourne like all the young people that grow up in the Valley. I was just visiting and seeing how the bro was bowling.
I do know some of those young bowlers you mentioned. It is hard to keep people in the valley as the job opportunities are not there like in the big smoke which is the very reason why I live here but seeing bowlers in the team that I can remember being there when I was a young kid can not all be good. I just hope there are other quality juniors coming up through the ranks down there.

Latrobe Valley is not the only place that struggles to keep promising juniors.

Whilst we certainly have not had the quality of juniors that LV has had over the years, we have the same problem when they reach 17-18 -- off to uni and don't come back -- or just leave town looking for jobs. That is one of the reasons why our team does not change much year to year. We have been lucky that the guys that have hung around bowling are of the quality of Merv, Thommo and Poysor otherwise we would probably have been cellar dwellers for the past 10 years.

Craig your memory is good

Wayne Mills - 16th Cup at Sale
Neil Webb - 15th Cup at Sale
Greg Smith - 14th Cup at Sale
Brian Walsh - 7th Cup at Sale

To make the our team it is total pinfall over 20 games in 2 days first 7 past the post. Whilst you can remember these names as a junior these guys stil have the desire and the ability to make the team year after year.

Not to mention Bryan Woszczeiko - 10th Cup in Sale (although i know you did not start until '97). Interestingly - Neil Webb actually bowled in the very first cup in 1981.

Also - I have Brian Walsh for 8th Cup in Sale - 1982, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992 - which of those years did he miss (can only be 1982 or 1985 because i have scores for him for the other years) - and do you know who replaced him?

I also have Greg Smith as only being his 13th - i think the error is 1997 where he was a late replacment for someone. I only used names from the official booklet for that year because i don't have the final standing sheet. Therefore if he was a late change i won't have him in the team. The other years i have for him are 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 (and 2007).

The team i had for LV in 1997 was Scott Lynch, Russell Hinton, David Mumford, Neil Webb (c), Geoff Harding, Wayne Mills and Woza.

Not to mention Bryan Woszczeiko - 10th Cup in Sale (although i know you did not start until '97). Interestingly - Neil Webb actually bowled in the very first cup in 1981.
Also - I have Brian Walsh for 8th Cup in Sale - 1982, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992 - which of those years did he miss (can only be 1982 or 1985 because i have scores for him for the other years) - and do you know who replaced him?
I also have Greg Smith as only being his 13th - i think the error is 1997 where he was a late replacment for someone. I only used names from the official booklet for that year because i don't have the final standing sheet. Therefore if he was a late change i won't have him in the team. The other years i have for him are 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 (and 2007).
The team i had for LV in 1997 was Scott Lynch, Russell Hinton, David Mumford, Neil Webb (c), Geoff Harding, Wayne Mills and Woza.
I only went off the info from your site and added last year to those who bowled - You only have Brian Walsh down as 6 Cups under the Latrobe Valley history - Found an error;) , and I stuffed Gregs up as he wasnt in the team last year and i counted him so it will only be his 13th Cup. The team that you have listed for 1997 is correct

Found an error;)
Yes - you did. Actually, looking at the LV Association page there are a couple of errors in the actual number of cups bowled. Averages are correct but total cups for a couple of people is wrong. Will have to fix that:rolleyes:

but seeing bowlers in the team that I can remember being there when I was a young kid can not all be good. I just hope there are other quality juniors coming up through the ranks down there.
Check out the Junior CCup team fot the last 2 years - Woszczeiko, Mills, Webb sound familiar - If these kids hang around then not much going to change in the next 20 years either;)

Back
Top Bottom