Berri is on for 2009 - Squad listing below

hats off to STEVE and his staff the tournament ran like a charm ,meet up with a lot off new bowlers plus some bowlers from the past .Well done george for winning it

If this is true should they have postpone the tournament or at the very least explained this to the bowlers? It is such a shame because the centre is truly awesome.

I said "if it is true about the oiling machine"....

There is no point quoting me when all I have done is said "if what someone else is saying is true"

What cracks me up is all the bowling hypocrits out there that say on Totalbowling that they want to bowl on harder patterns, sports patterns etc. When they get a tough or really tough condition and average 30,40,50 pins below there over inflated average that they have from bowling in there respective ditches they carry on like they have had a curling iron set on high shoved up there arse. Maybe after a bit of a reality injection with the curling iron people should go home and put as much effort into working on there game as they do of whining. Maybe bowling in a few more tournaments like this might make better bowlers out of a few more people.

Condition was the same for all 3 Squads. Top average was 189.3.

So what.

You win the tournament with a 230 average or a 190 average you get the same money.

Great tournament again Steve.

Nicely put Rob, in todays bowling community we are constantly talking about tougher patterns and tougher playing fields but when one is dished out, people tend to critise. It's like you can't win, scores are too high, scores are too low, is there a happy medium? I dont think there is.

The pattern was brutal on the weekend but just like in golf, there are tough courses you have to play on. It was a huge challenge to myself this weekend and everyone who participated, it was a great reality check on how accurate we really are.

Well done to Steve and his team, he tried hard to do something a little different this year, it may not have worked out to his personal expectation but overall I didnt hear too many complaints to be honest. A great event, well supported and we appreciated to see out the year.

Look forward to a bigger and better 2010.

George

even tho i wasn't there... ill put my 2 cents worth, i was at Brunswick youth this weekend, if you have had a look at the scores it was tough.. George would know... he bowled on the same pattern the week b4...

Great shot making was the key all weekend... and (using me as guide) i didn't throw a game between 180ish and 200ish, sparing was the key all weekend... and by the look of it, it was in this tournament as well...

people cry and cry for harder patterns as soon as they get it they complain and they want there house shot back!

i was happy how the scores reflected my bowling.. i was not consistent and i paid the price when i threw back to back 150s to miss the cut...

There is no one else to blame But YOURSELF for the way you bowl...

and yes sometimes i need to take my own medicine about the last comment...

hoping i can bowl this event next year!! cause all ive heard is great things about it!!

Ash

How about all of you, INCLUDING you George, listen to what we are saying for a change.

Why post an oiling pattern that is obviously wrong for people who are spending money and time to get to a centre to bowl in a tourney?

Why, as happened last year, get people to travel and invest time and money to help set up a tourney and condition for a new proprietor and then change it the night (or 2 nights) before the tourney after being told week after week that it was the condition that was going to be used?

This has nothing to do with the fact that the condition was harder than we are used to. I fully expected it and would have dealt with it better this time if I had bowled. It has to do with being lied to which is why I did not bowl.

You want to continually run people down and tell them to deal with it but you are not prepared to look at the problem. Well now the problem is out in the open. You deal with it.

That must have been a brutal pattern, tougher than the US open pattern. I think it is good for the game to put down the tougher patterns, makes people work harder and also makes spares very valuable.

Gary,

you are showing a lot of interest in a tournament I thought you had no interest in. It's hard to offer constructive criticism on this occasion unless you had been there and bowled on the pattern yourself.

Yes, the condition was brutal (definitely not 120 units!!)...but everyone had to play it. had to play the right area and speed, and couldn't miss target by more than half a board or you paid the price. I would like to ask two questions at this point....would this conversation be happening if the top qualifying avg was 205 instead of 189? and would we be congratulating Steve and the team at Berri if it was a higher scoring event? not too sure that we would.

I'm sure those that bowled this weekend walked away knowing they had work to do to improve their game. i know i did.

A well run tournament all up.....a little more oil would have been nice though. JMHO.

Another one who didn't bother reading what I wrote.

I have no issues whatsoever with the conditions or the way the tourney is run. Is that clear enough for the people out there who can't read what I wrote?

My issue is that this is the second year that people have been misled to about the conditions that were going to be laid. It is also the reason I did not bowl this year, after being misled about it last year. Is that also clear enough?

How about all of you, INCLUDING you George, listen to what we are saying for a change.

Why post an oiling pattern that is obviously wrong for people who are spending money and time to get to a centre to bowl in a tourney?

Why, as happened last year, get people to travel and invest time and money to help set up a tourney and condition for a new proprietor and then change it the night (or 2 nights) before the tourney after being told week after week that it was the condition that was going to be used?

This has nothing to do with the fact that the condition was harder than we are used to. I fully expected it and would have dealt with it better this time if I had bowled. It has to do with being lied to which is why I did not bowl.

You want to continually run people down and tell them to deal with it but you are not prepared to look at the problem. Well now the problem is out in the open. You deal with it.

How about you deal with it by putting up or shutting up. If you didn't bowl because of whatever reason you have then good for you but don't come here and dribble crap about the weekend when you chose not to bowl. If you have issues from last year then take it up with Steve (if you haven't already) and then build a f....ing bridge and move on. Speak for yourself and let others speak for themselves if they have any issues to take up.

Advertised pattern or no advertised pattern you are never going to know how the lanes will play until you rock up and throw a ball.

lol, you come on here and read one post and go off. Read the lot then let me know I was on here "dribbling crap about the weekend".

I have simply responded with the truth to the accusations etc that have been thrown at me.

lol, you come on here and read one post and go off. Read the lot then let me know I was on here "dribbling crap about the weekend".

I have simply responded with the truth to the accusations etc that have been thrown at me.

I have read the whole thread as a matter of fact and if you think I have gone 'off' because of one post maybe you should re-read what I said before having another cry.

lol, if you read it then I suggest you understand it.

I have not said anything bad about the tourney. I have not criticised the pattern. I have not criticised the way they run the tourney.

If a pattern is stated as being the one that will be used then it should at least be close to what is stated. Otherwise don't state the pattern at all. People spend time and money going to these things expecting to get what they are told.

I understand perfectly:
1. You like to have a cry
2. You like to assume that everyone bar you is incapable of reading and understanding written text but fail to read and understand text yourself.

As written in post #211 of this thread you will see that, in addressing what you incorrectly assume I have not understood, I state:

"Advertised pattern or no advertised pattern you are never going to know how the lanes will play until you rock up and throw a ball."

Yet again I wrote something and you didnt comprehend it. I said the condition should at least be close to what is stated if one is stated.

How about you settle down, get someone to explain this to you and then reply with something sensible.

Another one who didn't bother reading what I wrote.

I have no issues whatsoever with the conditions or the way the tourney is run. Is that clear enough for the people out there who can't read what I wrote?

My issue is that this is the second year that people have been misled to about the conditions that were going to be laid. It is also the reason I did not bowl this year, after being misled about it last year. Is that also clear enough?

What is very clear to me is that you cannot let go of a grudge. yes you bowled one year and didn't get what you expected. very rarely do you go to a tournament and get what you are told you are going to bowl on. People adjust the best they can with the gear they have brought with them. I guess thats why people select up to four balls to take with them....to cover a wide variety of conditions you may face.

yes it is reasonable to expect to bowl on the pattern that is advertised. but that pattern will deteriorate throughout the session. MY POINT BEING: the pattern is no longer what you came to play on. At some stage you will not be playing the condition you came to play on.

I spoke to national champs and Australian reps about the tough conditions at the venue....as much as they didn't get what they were expecting, none of them had a problem with what they were served up on the day.

Why is it that YOU have such a big problem with this? :frusty2:

BTW: call me 'thick' or 'stupid' all you like, i have no problem with my reading and comprehension skills.

I must be speaking a different language or something. Do Sth Aussies have their own language that I shoud be using so they understand?

Yet again I wrote something and you didnt comprehend it. I said the condition should at least be close to what is stated if one is stated.

How about you settle down, get someone to explain this to you and then reply with something sensible.

And again I cannot simplify any further what I have stated so maybe you should take your own advice and get someone to E X P L A I N T O Y O U:

"Advertised pattern or no advertised pattern you are never going to know how the lanes will play until you rock up and throw a ball."

Back
Top Bottom