Berri Tournament Details

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Please continue to put your name down on the squad listings in the other post, do NOT us this post for squad listings.

Also, this tournament is set to fill deposits are going to have to be paid very soon. They can telephoned in over the phone to Berri on 08 85825 552

Deposit is $60 to secure your spot.

Details Below:

Tournament Format:

Qualifying - Stage 1

All bowlers will bowl 10 games in one appearance, There will be 2 squads - A and B. Each squad is capped at 20 bowlers per squad

Semi Finals - Stage 2
The top 16 bowlers will bowl a further 4 games (pinfall carry over)

Finals - Stage 3
The top 8 bowlers at the completion of Stage 1 and Stage 2 (pinfall carry over) will play 7 head to head games of matchplay.

Step Ladder - Stage 4
At the completion of Stage 3 the top 3 bowlers will contest the step ladder.
In the first match 3rd place will play 2nd. The winner of that match will play the top qualifer. The top qualifier having the right to repercharge if he is beaten on the first occasion. All step ladder matches will be a one game final.

THIS EVENT WILL BE FILMED BY THE TENPIN BOWLING TV SHOW

Rules and Regulations:

1. This is a scratch event which is open to all bowlers who are TBA Registered Players. All games will be bowled in accordance with TBA rules and regulations.

2. No bowler is permitted to have more than one entry in this event.

3. Check-in and briefing is detailed in the tournament schedule, any bowler failing to sign in by the required time for Stage 2 and/or Stage 3 shall be replaced by the next highest placed bowler.

4. Bowlers must wear acceptable attire. Jeans, track suits or shorts (men only) are not permitted.

5. Should a tie occur for 16th after qualifying stage 1 the bowler with the highest last game shall decide the final place

6. Should the top qualifier after matchplay be defeated in the final stepladder match, they will have the right to re-challenge. If any ties occur during the stepladder, the 10th frame will be re-bowled until the tie is broken.

7. Bowlers are not permitted to smoke whilst actually competing in this tournament.

8. In stage 1 lane shifts are 1 pair to the left for the odd laned bowler, and 1 pair to the right to the even numbered bowler

9. Any matters not covered in these conditions will be decided by the Tournament Director

Prizefund
1st $2,000.00
2nd $1,500.00
3rd $1,000.00
4th $800.00
5th $700.00
6th $650.00
7th $600.00
8th $550.00
9th $500.00
10th $400.00
11th $375.00
12th $375.00
13th $350.00
14th $350.00
15th $320.00
16th $320.00

Plus 1 Plasma TV will be given away as well as 1 Large BBQ valued at $700 to some lucky participants. How these bonus prizes will be won is yet to be decided but they both will go!

Tournament Times:
Stage 1 A Squad Check in 8.45am Bowl 9.00am
B Squad Check in 12.45pm Bowl 1.00pm

Stage 2 Top 16 bowlers Check in 8.15am Bowl 8.30am

Stage 3 Top 8 bowlers Check in 10.15am Bowl 10.30am

Stage 4 Step Ladder 1.00pm

Presentations 2.30pm

Any questions please PM me directly

The prizefund is going to be redone and based off 48 entries instead of 40, the interest in this event has been overwhelming. Expect a bigger and better prizefund in the next few days.

The format is not going to change, I have just decided to use the buffer pair I allowed for in qualifying and will use the whole house per squad now which makes 24 per squad now instead of 20.

They may even be a Friday squad if the interest continues at this rate, stay tuned!

This looks like a great tournament, Certainly very good numbers, however I note there are not many from interstate.

I ask very respectfully & just out of curiosity.....why there aren't more interstate bowlers? Is it due to the expense of the recent Holt Carnival and Nationals pending, is it the cost of travel, is it the inconvenience of having to travel to Berri once flying into Adelaide, is luggage a factor, is it the payout, is it the format?

Be interesting to hear some answers..thanks.....Max

Here is a disclaimer I forgot to put on the entry form

A) Bowlers who take part in this tournament agree to the event being filmed for television and captured footage may also be used to promote Berri Bowl and Tenpin Bowling.

If there are any bowlers under 18yrs of age, then this rule applies

B) Any player who is under the age of 18yrs will need to provide a letter of consent from a parent or guardian prior to the event, giving permission for that person to be filmed.

Hey Dale,
If you win the tournament, you make $1,100. Sounds pretty good to me.
Have a go.
Cheers Lovey

And if you organise to make a weekend of it with a group of friends then you can split the cost for accomodation and travel (if not flying) then you will take home more money if you win.

Alternatively if you know some of the bowlers that are bowling then organise to stay with them accomodation wise if they let you or want to.

Just a thought.

DAVID

Unfortunately i'll be travelling by myself.

The problem i have is getting home on the Sunday, The latest flight i can find from SA to Sydney is Virgin at 6:35pm.
Now if presentations are at 2:30pm and you leave Berri at 3pm, drive 3 hours back to Adelaide and arrive at 6pm,
having just 30 mins leeway to get on the flight is cutting it a little fine for me.
That's all based on the tournament running on time during the day, and if i was to make the cut of course. Regardless i'd still like to watch on Sunday.

I could just stay another night and leave Monday sometime but that's another day's accomodation, rental car and loss of wages from not working on Monday.

Besides all that, i'd still love to bowl, i'm 50/50 on doing it but i'll probably just wait for SA Cup.

Its no different for most of the country bowlers that go to cities for tournaments, it all adds up for anyone wanting to bowl in any tournament that is not in their home town.

Besides all that, i'd still love to bowl, i'm 50/50 on doing it but i'll probably just wait for SA Cup.

Can't be 50/50, the squads are full.

Might have been easier for you to fly to Mildura, then only 1 1/2 hour drive to Berri. Might even have been able to hitch a ride with one of the locals from here.

Keep it in mind for next year maybe.

Rob

Squads maybe full but until 48 deposits are received there are still spots available in the tournament.

Well just got back from a day trip to Berri with a few of the Mildura guys for a bowl and to check out the centre.

The centre is very nice! Well presented and the staff are very friendly.

Should be a great tournament. Am looking forward to it. :)

Trav.

Please check the State tournament section but another Squad has been added on Saturday night restricted to 12 bowlers. The prizefund is now based on 60 bowlers and is paying down 24 places.

A huge event now in its opening year, set to be a great weekend for all.

Hey there George

Will you be posting an amended Prize Fund breakdown or will this be announced or displayed at the time the tournament is held??

THANKS

DAVID

Ok.

It does help if you read the other thread first. Didn't realise you had already done so.

Just ignore my last post.

THANKS

DAVID

Back
Top Bottom