Berri is on for 2009 - Squad listing below

20hrs in a car and 6 tanks of fuel $240

Cabin at local caravan park $85

**** pizza from local shop $30

Seeing TD walk on to middle of lanes
to fix pinsetters then proceed to bring
oil back onto approach PRICELESS

I may as well have bowled in the carpark, i would have a better chance.
I do not see the point in putting down such a rubbish pattern. If your oiling machine doesnt work then maybe they should have spent less money on making the place look beautiful and saved some for a oiler.

Gawd help us!!!!!! These people need some product knowledge AND safety knowledge, i so wish i could go tomorrow and fix this place now.

Steve and Anne,

Thanks for running yet another enjoyable Riverland Cup, especially one that ran AHEAD of time. To the knockers, I scored badly because I bowled badly after the forst 5 games. Simple!

THe prizefund for the entry fee is phenominal, the service is second to none, and the locals are seriously enthusiastic about improving their bowling and create a great atmosphere. All in all, a great weekend.

PLease put me down for B Squad next year.

Cheers
Brenton Davy

Maybe next year they should'nt advertise the oiling pattern in advance as it seems to have caused so many problems this year.
Would stop the post tournament autopsy.

Maybe next year they should'nt advertise the oiling pattern in advance as it seems to have caused so many problems this year.
Would stop the post tournament autopsy

Rob,

How is that going to stop the post autopy, if they didn't like the condition there going to tell us anyway, whether you pre advertise it or not!

I hear you enjoyed the condition as well, couple of usual spits with the usual backup balls, then you get on hear and tell everyone how great it was....bit hipocritical don't you think!

All I heard last night at Vili's is everyone *****ed about the conditions then get on here and praise them...........

Go figure!!

Nothing against Steve and the centre, always a good weekend and well run!

Bit like Barossa Cup a good weekend away , but maybe no-one really cares about the condtions......

Is it true our dear George was shooting around 15 board on the second day !!...if so amazing ..............

As long as the condition is the same for everyone bowling in the competition, then what is the problem? The condition was difficult but it played fair. What else can you ask from a tournament?
It was very well run, everyone felt very welcome and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Its nice to work for your scores once in a while.

If everyone has a 20 board area, dont you think it comes down to a question of who can carry better?
If everyone has a 1 board area, dont you think it comes down to a question of who is better?

If everyone has a 20 board area, dont you think it comes down to a question of who can carry better?
If everyone has a 1 board area, dont you think it comes down to a question of who is better?

MIRT - Nice one.

Still retards who don't get it. It has nothing to do with the oiling pattern or how it played.

Let me know when you get some brain cells.

1. I was not talking to you. This topic is not about you, it's about the Riverland Cup i'm afraid.

2. Please don't call me a retard, I don't know you, you don't know me, lets keep it that way.

3. If you have a problem with a posted oiling pattern which may or may not have been accurately portrayed at the actual tournament; deal with it. What ever part about it you want to complain about; deal with it.

4. I'll end with some advice; don't take much interest into the posted oiling pattern of any tournament, chances are it wont play that way on the day. Just like Bobba said, go out there and try it. The oiling pattern SHOULD be the last thing on your check list of whether or not to participate in a tournament, right under what pants you should wear.

Seeing TD walk on to middle of lanes
to fix pinsetters then proceed to bring
oil back onto approach PRICELESS

I may as well have bowled in the carpark, i would have a better chance.
I do not see the point in putting down such a rubbish pattern. If your oiling machine doesnt work then maybe they should have spent less money on making the place look beautiful and saved some for a oiler.

Just thought I would let everyone know that When TD walked down the lanes to set up for the filming of the FInals, the end 2 lanes were stripped of oil..There was no oil on the lanes at all..Anne

Rob,

How is that going to stop the post autopy, if they didn't like the condition there going to tell us anyway, whether you pre advertise it or not!

I hear you enjoyed the condition as well, couple of usual spits with the usual backup balls, then you get on hear and tell everyone how great it was....bit hipocritical don't you think!

All I heard last night at Vili's is everyone *****ed about the conditions then get on here and praise them...........

Go figure!!

Nothing against Steve and the centre, always a good weekend and well run!

Bit like Barossa Cup a good weekend away , but maybe no-one really cares about the condtions......

Is it true our dear George was shooting around 15 board on the second day !!...if so amazing ..............

Well, as usual Mr Negativity, you only get on here every time to join in the negative side of the discussion.

Whats hypocritical about what I said Tony.

I said the lanes were tuff. I said it was a great tounament. No, I didnt enjoy the condition. Just because I didnt enjoy the condition doesnt change the fact that I enjoyed the weekend away and Steve & his staff did a great job and bent over backwards to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves over the weekend.
Maybe I should have spelt it out a little better for some people to understand.

But as has been stated by many bowlers that did bother to bowl the tournament, they all struggled with the condition. Everyone had to bowl on the same condition & everyone had to adjust to the condition and do the best they could.
Yes i bowled a few balls back up balls, other bowlers were trying there spare ball to strike with. So what. I averaged 176 for 14 games, finished 9th & got $500. And you say I wasnt happy. Still would have got $500 if I averaged 215 and finished 9th. There was no way I could have bowled the matchplay if I made the top 8 anyway. Knee was rooted.

Could have done your trick & pulled a heart muscle & pulled out. Easier to pull out when things get to tuff rather than try I suppose.

Maybe you should have made the trip yourself, then you might have the right to put down everyone else if you made the effort.

Keep sprouting your negative comments as usual and have another tournament disappear from the calendar.

When was the last time I ever pulled out of a tournament Robby and even then in the 80's was only once in a life time.

As far being negative Robby, I am stating fact only, which bit was negative that wasn't truth Mr. Chucker!

I didn't go because I went to my grand daughter birthday instead. I missed it last year.
And please don't talk to me about supporting tournaments, because If we look back at the last 12 months I beat you hands down!!

Don't have to have been there to know and listen to the various comments.

I know the tournament was well run, always has been, and yes the conditions were tough but I guarentee you a few will not return because of them, but hey who cares!!!

Get your facts straight before you do your usual sprout of the mouth.

Just thought I would let everyone know that When TD walked down the lanes to set up for the filming of the FInals, the end 2 lanes were stripped of oil..There was no oil on the lanes at all..Anne

[Well thanks for that little gem.I wasnt talking about the finals...It happen during squad C on several occasions. Just because everybody had to bowl on the condition does not justify putting down garbage. We are all not aspiring PBA bowlers. I dont think anybody wants a ditch but something that would not break down after 4 games would be nice. I wonder why the scoring suddlenly increased over night...what a rort.....
I fail to see how putting down such a tough patterns levels the plaing field as a few have mentioned before.

As long as the condition is the same for everyone bowling in the competition, then what is the problem? The condition was difficult but it played fair. What else can you ask from a tournament?
It was very well run, everyone felt very welcome and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Its nice to work for your scores once in a while.

Mirt,

Seriously impressive stuff. Put simply and concisely. Who cares how difficult it is, I would rather win with a 190 average than a 230, purely because there is more credibility in a grind out win rather than a carry contest.

To all those bagging this event and the tournament orgainser/TD, please cease and desist. Enough bagging and we won't have ANY events left to bowl in. Maybe that might make some paople happy.

I'm still quite happy to come down and fix the machine, hell 2 40cm rulers is all it takes!!

nah would have been about 210 for the win, i can read you South Aussies(and the visitors that went too) like a book!!!:p

Our costs (car pooled: 3 in car)

5 hrs driving (from northern Adelaide suburb) and 1.5 tanks of fuel ( in large 6 cyl car) $120

Powered tent site (one night) $35

BBQ in caravan park (6 cheese/bacon/salad hamburgers) $16 - (no more cost than normal at home) Toast and cereal from home for breakfast next morning (no different than usual)

Total cost $155 divided by 3 = $51.66 each.

One of the bowlers had come from Perth. Left on Friday morning (lost a days pay) + airfares + freight for his balls. Was supposed to be back at work on Monday morning but damn Jetstar flight from Adelaide was over 2.5 hrs late and he did not get back to Perth till lunchtime (so another 1/2 days wages lost). He did not cash but felt he had bowled the best he could on the conditions and could see where he needs to improve his game to be more accurate on such conditions in the future.

A good weekend away, tough but fair for all, cheap entry fee, well run and on time tournament with very few lane delays, well distributed prize fund (Paying to 24th) even a grandstand to sit in to watch. Will be back next year.

Oh - forgot the cost for the ride on the dodgem cars to vent some frustration after bowling.... great fun.

Well guys l bowled in this tournament and being only a very average bowler thought at the end of my 10 games they can stick it l was not coming back, however after reading the more positive threads on here and thinking about it l thought bugga it l will go back but instead of throwing the shot that works on lanes in Adelaide (ditches) and then throwing the knitting in the air because it is not happening l will actually look for a shot that will work on the condition put down (one could call it a double challenge - beating the lanes as well as your opponents)... As for the bowl the management and the way it was run it was second to none and yes l will have another crack at it next year all being well.... To the finalists congratualations and well bowled....

Back
Top Bottom