Why?.....

P

pstreaty

This is unbelievable!

i have heard of people bowling a lot of games at a time, but yesterday at elizabeth bowland we had one person bowl 60 games straight! arriving at 9am and leaving at 10:30pm!!, the games ended up costing him more than our entire morning junior league.

this is not unusual for this guy. he usually bowls between 10(on a lazy day) and 50 games each time he comes here. but today he wanted to beat his own record with a 60 game marathon.

to make this even funnier, he phoned again this morning and booked a further 90 games for a fortnights time (50 on saturday, 40 on sunday).

just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of a bowling effort such as this.

cheers for now,
streaty

There used to be an old Czechoslovakian fella named Julius Sajben, who was a cleaner at Moonah Bowl back in the 1970's and 80's who would regularly bowl 25+ games a day, every day of the week.

He migrated out here in the 1940's and worked on the building of the Hydro dams up in the Central Highlands, and amassed enough money, that he bought his own tin mine. He would spend 4 or 5 months of the year doing his mining, and come down to Hobart and stay with his brother at Kingston for the rest of the time.

As a child/youth everytime I walked into Moonah, there would be little old Julius smoking his cigarettes, pouring about 8 sugars into his cuppa tea, and bowling game after game after game.
He was always busy doing something around the centre, whether it be coaching youngsters, or doing a spot of tidying up, or just relaxing.

He reckoned his highest was a 299 on New Years Eve 1973, and he died about 14 or 15 years back. Spent an absolute fortune in the place. Nice fella too.

Hey Streaty does this guy actually get league practice rates or does he pay the normal non league member rate?

hey tash,

he pays league rates ($11.50 for the first 3), $4 per game after that.
he averaged about 150 for the 60 games i think.

cheers,
streaty

pstreaty said:
hey tash,
he pays league rates ($11.50 for the first 3), $4 per game after that.
he averaged about 150 for the 60 games i think.
cheers,
streaty

So the practice is doing much for his game then?

well he doesn't seem to be improving, and he just tries to bowl the ball as fast as he can. he seems to be enjoying it though.

I would love to be able to bowl that many games, but sadly 1. I'm not fit enough & 2. I have too many injuries.

Back
Top Bottom