Somewhat Agitated!

NotAnotherSplit

Sorry, i need to vent...

I bowl in a ten pin bowling league every Wednesday night, and we get emailed the standings at some stage before the next Wednesday night. We got sent this weeks standings, at some stage during today, so i was looking at them before, and i noticed the scores that the President of the League apparently bowled. Said that he had a 3 Game total of 610, which contained a 248, 253, i know this isn't the case, because me and my mate were in the lanes next to him. In the first game, i recall making the comment that he was about 60 less then his average (which is about 205), i think he may of bowled 148.

The second game, we didn't actually see him finish, because it was just my mate and I bowling in our lanes (our opposition hadn't actually turned up) and we had finished our three games in that time. Though we looked across at his lane at about the time we had finished and he was no more then about 110 in the 6/7th frame, so at most he would of finished with 170/180.

But i don't know is there really much my mate and I can do, he is the so called President of the league, and has been in the league for a while. Yet we have only just joined the league this year, so ......? :confused:

Not sure what you can do but if those scores you say are right then he only bowled a 109 in the last game... a big drop in form over such a short time frame... might be a typo in the score sheet...

The centre counter staff should be able to tell you what the actual scores were from the computer and whether they were changed as well, try checking there.

Why not go ask him. Not the best way to make friends airing your dirty laundry on a national forum.

Phil

Be honest and up front, ask questions, don't make accusations. Everything could be explained quite simply if you ask.

i know this league...

amf centres upload score info:
http://www.amfbowling.com.au/Competitive-Bowling/Results/League-Results.aspx
but not consistantly, the week in question (14) isnt up as i type this

http://results.amfbowling.com.au/standingsheets/76/nil/bowlers.htm

as for the standing sheet, the 3 columns for the high game scratch & handicap and high series & handicap for the week.

so he (apparently) bowled a 248 game and had 5 handicap (194 avg AFTER the 610 series)

if you want to check, see me (david) or les and we can get maz or alison to check the computer

however, having said all that, there was already another bowling night since so you might have done something already.

the other thing i should say is, one of the easiest ways to make a query about a similar issue, or an issue with the standing sheet is to reply to les' standing sheet email with a polite query, and he can try to look into it before wed night in case there is a typo.

i haven't found a perfectly laid out standing sheet yet, and all the ones i've seen have their quirks that make it tricky to understand sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom