My First bowling Fable

Morty

Staff member
Recently at our Centre we hosted a tournament. During the Weekend many players competed until just the final few remained. One of these players, Jason Walsh, was warming up on our end pair of lanes while he was bowling several of our locals were watching Jason practice.

While Jason was warming up the Tech down the back decided to have some fun and was removing pins from the machine so that after Jason would throw a Strike the machine would only reset the 5 – 7 – 10 instead of a Full Deck. Now anyone watching closely would have seen Jason throw a Strike then have seen the machine only set 5 – 7 – 10 instead of a full deck. The Tech did this twice in a row once on lane 12 then once on lane 11.

Everyone laughed, Jason even had a small smile. I thought nothing more of it. UNTIL A few Days Later One a Local Bowler’s left 5 – 7 – 10 in league One of the Very Same Bowlers that had been watching Jason walk up and Told the League Player not to worry he had seen Jason Walsh leave the VERY SAME THING TWICE IN A ROW. On the Weekend.

As the Local bowler was quite serious that this had in fact happened I investigated further through various means in our centre and was able to get to the bottom of the Story. Our Helpful League Bowler had been watching Jason bowl and as Jason let the ball go on lane 12 turned his back to walk over to our Bar. He then turned around after the Tech had reset the 5 – 7 – 10 and thought, Jason Has Left the 5 – 7 – 10 he then continued to head back to his friends as Jason Hoped up on Eleven, Prior to Jason delivery, he was quickly sent back to the Bar to Purchase additional drinks for friends, only to turn round at the cheer when the Second 5 – 7 – 10 was Set on Lane 11. Now at the same time the semi final that was running on another pair finished and Jason moved to the Finals Lanes and the Group of Kingaroy Lads moved up to the Spectator Stands and thought no more of it.

UNTIL Our League Bowler Left the 5 – 7 – 10. Many in our center Still think that Jason Left Back to Back 5 - 7 - 10's

The Morale to My Bowling Fable is

“Not all things are as they first appear and it is important to make sure you REALLY KNOW what has gone on before you go off full of Half Truths no matter How well intentioned you maybe.”

Appropriate at the Moment I think.

Yeah, back to back would be some accomplishment.
At least you had something different between your 2 at Chermside a few years back. LOL
Mind you, what's the record for consecutive 8-10's. I think I could beat it with a little practice.

Back
Top Bottom