10yr old bowls 300!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
It's official. Michael Tang of San Francisco has entered the United States Bowling Congress record book as the youngest USBC member to roll a perfect game in certified competition (click on the picture to enlarge it.)

Tang's 300 game - followed by 163 and 193 games for a 656 series - was bowled Saturday, March 11 as he competed in the Daly City All Stars Scratch Trios League at Sea Bowl in Pacifica, Calif. Tang was 10 years, 3 months and 16 days old at the time of his accomplishment, three months younger than the previous record-holder, Josey LaRocco of Louisville, Ky., who scored his 300 game on Feb. 14, 1998.

Tang's feat was witnessed by his fellow teammates on the travel league, his mom Tracie and the bowling center's general manager, Mark Ganduglia. "I am completely ecstatic about his 300 game," said Tracie Tang, who works as the special events director at Sea Bowl. "I knew he was capable of shooting a 300 someday, but I didn't think it would be this soon. It was really something to watch, unbelievable!"

A right-hander, Tang has been named a NorCalifornia All Star for the past two years. His previous high game, 234, was rolled last fall during the Serra Juniors league at Serra Bowl in Daly City, Calif. He has been bowling in certified leagues for four years, steadily improving his season average from 73 in 2002-03 to 120 in 2003-04 and 154 in 2004-05. His average at the time of his record-breaking game was 165.

story is from www.bowlingdigital.com

all I can say is well done!

Far out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats 2 the lil fella. Interested 2 c where he will go in the future.

Hey,
Well all i have 2 say 2 this is, wat am awesome lil bowler.
For a 10yr old 2 bowl a 300 game he must b a great lil bowler.
Well done and great bowlin. keep them comin.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

I am approaching my 10 years of playing bowling next year maybe I can get a 300 too :D
I'm sure this kid will go a very long way...

Hey

Is that a Brunswick Inferno i c in the pic. hehe no wonder y he shot a 300... he was using such an ausome ball. haha.

Wow thats amazing! And with an average of just 165! How i would love to bowl 300... can someone get his coach's number and pass it on to me? ;)

Keep up the good work mate.

GeorgeF said:
Tang's feat was witnessed by his fellow teammates on the travel league, his mom Tracie and the bowling center's general manager, Mark Ganduglia.
All I can say is that I bowled out of Sea Bowl when I lived in California and the GM Mark Ganduglia is my best friend. His centre www.seabowl.com is sitting right across the road from the pacific Ocean and besides the utterly fantastic view, the bowl has produced quite a few honor scores in the last 5 years.

and it WASN'T a prebowl!!!!!

Awesome effort, hope for the two of us yet ;)

Broni & Jagga

what a magnificent effort congratulations it will be interesting to see how far he goes in the future well done

Back
Top Bottom