Who's trying out for Rachuig this year?

Thanks for your interjection here Doriana. As I remember in my original post I specifically stated apart from the "state championships" as to why someone wasn't trying out for Rachuig.

Unfortunately all of us tend to want to walk before they can run hence the number of posts away from my intended topic.

I agree that more promotion of the event would help the state champs. However saying that all of you who want to know about an event being held in Victoria should go to www.victenpins.com.au and select the Calendar menu option. Providing the organisers let Vic Tenpins know it should be there.

So yes there is a bit of onus on the organisers. However there is nothing wrong with you doing like I did and contacting the web master to correct any ommissions or errors you might notice.

In the end if you don't seek or ask you won't find out now will you.

Good to see you trying out Jenny & Alan

After consultation with my physiotherapist today I am sad to say that I have had to withdraw from the trials tommorrow. I sustained an injury through my right hip area during my regular practice session last night. Although my physiotherapist did not tell me not to bowl the pain through the area while just sitting at my desk at work suggests that I will not be able to bowl in the event due to how long it is going to take tommorrow to bowl the 8 games in the teams format.

Make sure you all warm up properly before the event guys and good luck to all bowling from a very sore and disappointed bowler.

as via email confirmation this morning there is no rachuig trial tomorrow at keon park,everyone is into the next stage.
cheers

Yeah thanks Mac. I just got the call from Jan this afternoon. Still sore but no longer disappointed. Will make sure I am good to go at Northcote next month. See you all there!

as via email confirmation this morning there is no rachuig trial tomorrow at keon park,everyone is into the next stage.
cheers

What happened?? Did the organisers just assume that everyone would bowl nothing but 300 games, since it was at Keon Park?

ps..This is a joke Dozza ;)

Wow, just heard tonight only 7 women nominated...........
So Congrats Girls Your In :)

Unfortunately for us Garioch Girls its all to do with cost for not bowling rachuig this year.
Will have to start saving for 2010, Jess will be old enough to roll off.........
See if we can have 3 of us make it :p

Good luck to all.

Lisa ps. luv ya work Dozza ;)

Why do we have to pay extra unmentioned in entry form costs to continue to bowl off for the Rachuig Team.

I have received an email stating that I need to sign a State Training Squad Nomination form and pay a $50.00 deposit for the priveledge.

Yet I do not know what I exactly get for it apart from being told I must enter at least three TBA ranked events (entry costs just double again) in order to bowl in the trials that I had already entered.

VIC Tenpins: Please now come out and reveal any other hidden costs!

Terry,

As i read the email i believe that the non refundable $50.00 deposit is for the second roll-off.

Which means on the day you will need to only pay $30.00..

This is how i read it..

Alan..

the $50 is not for the training squad it is to confirm numbers before the next part of the trial and it comes off your next trail entry.
also you it is not a requirement by the form i have that you bowl three national events the one on the victenpins website in the downloads is the right form with criteria the one attatched in the email is the old form so disregard that one.
cheers mac

I thought you pulled out Terry?

how come you get a free ride to the next round. I thought maybe with your pulling out, dropped the field to 16 or under. do we still not have enough numbers? Does anyone know?

Wether the first round was bowled or not there still should have been a Check in and roll call to see who is serious and who isn't. Would you have still turned up with your injury Terry if there was a roll call and the possibility of a roll off.

I thought there was a national criteria on this or am I just dreaming or does this only apply to the matchplay or selection part of the trials?

The fact is it is clearly unknown and i think a set policy should be applied and therefore when put in place should not be as easily changed as it was before the 1st round of rachuig trials in VIctoria.

Put simply bowlers especially the ones not in the know should not have to go ringing around town to find out if the trials are on or not due to a poor turn out rate or a poor event organisation.

Mark

I had posted prior to being aware of the cancellation so yes you could say this could be questioned. As to whether I would have fronted if there was a rolloff on Saturday the answer is no I would not have as the physio had advised.

I had left a message on the phone for VIC Tenpins to contact me. When contacted I was officially informed of the cancellation of the rolloff and given the option of still bowling or confirming my withdrawal. I chose to still bowl as I was entitled to as the forum was not the official entry point for the event and I had submitted my entry form and entry fee and entries had not officially closed.

I have been contacted this morning by a VIC Tenpins member to clear up the confusion about the State Training Squad email sent to all Rachuig Rolloff entrants. It was a misinterpretation on my part as the wording was ambiguous and you could have taken the email to read as I originally did.

I now understand that the deposit was for the second rolloff and I guess as everyone should have submitted there first rolloff entry fee with the entry form all of the bowlers have paid the deposit and will have to pay $20.00 on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all next month if not beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom