Who's trying out for Rachuig this year?

jockey

Just wondering who is going to front up at the Rachuig trials this year. Or if you are not apart from if you didn't bowl in the State Championships is there any other reason why you are not bowling. The event is at Tuggeranong this year so I was interested what else would keep bowlers away apart from personal or fianancial commitment clashes.

I guess my wording there could have been interpreted in that way. What I mean't was as Rachuig is at one of the showpiece bowling centres in this country apart from not meeting specific entry requirements (state champs etc.) what else would make a bowler not want to try out.

the fact you MUST bowl state championships to even qualify for the roll off?

If you couldnt make it to states due to work or school etc, you can write a letter of exemption.
I know, due to distance, I had to do that a couple of times for Shield roll offs.

I wont be rolling off this year for mainly financial reasons.
All the best to those that do roll off!

Does the exemption circumstances take into consideration that there was a massive sports event on the Gold Coast on the same weekend as the state masters?

Terry, have you taken into consideration that you too, bowled the Gold Coast event? The majority of the states best bowled that event, and if rachuig committee doesn't take it into consideration, they will miss Mac and Porto at least...

Does the exemption circumstances take into consideration that there was a massive sports event on the Gold Coast on the same weekend as the state masters?
Terry, have you taken into consideration that you too, bowled the Gold Coast event? The majority of the states best bowled that event, and if rachuig committee doesn't take it into consideration, they will miss Mac and Porto at least...

Mac, Porto and Terry and Frank all bowled there all events on the first 2 weekends of State Champsionships so there fine.

EXEMPTION

this is where everything is wrong

they "the state committee" are trying to sell a product, in this case being "rachuig"

it is not up to the consumer, to ask can they buy the product

so the "bowler" should never have to ask, whether they can "bowl"

and while this whole backwards mentality continues on, poor numbers will be with us until things change

until committee's are made up of pro active people who want to spread the word, and encourage participation and are seen to be doing this through promotion, rules and criteria

nothings going to change, and thats sad to say and sadder to see

As Chris posted Frank, Mac, Porto and myself who attended the Gold Coast event had planned ahead to bowl the Championships on the earlier weekends.

Although the State Championships were held very early in the year most open level bowlers are aware of the "State Championships" condition of Rachuig entry. That is why the championships are bowled over three weekends to attempt to cater for everyone. Like I do so myself, you need to plan ahead in order to be able to bowl particular events and Rachuig is no different.

As to exemptions I believe that unless you were on national duties then there should not be any. Having grey areas in who can and can't bowl for the state team due to the availability of exemptions is not what this sport needs. When it comes to entry criteria they need to be black and white in other words clear and unambiguous. However, in the end this is just my opinion

Frank, Mac, Porto and myself chose to skip the state masters. I did not even pay to have a masters attempt when I bowled my all events and I gather Frank, Mac and Porto did the same.

I guess in the end you either want to attempt to qualify to represent your state or you don't. If you do then you will ensure you meet the entry criteria whether you agree with them or not.

Although the State Championships were held very early in the year most open level bowlers are aware of the "State Championships" condition of Rachuig entry.

It does help if the bowlers know when and where the Championships are going to be held!!!!

Why should there be any "entry" criteria, I will tell you why, to raise the entries to a flagging State championships - that is all!

The Rachuig trials should be open to ALL bowlers in this state, there should not have to be any exemption - you live here pay you tax here so should be able to represent this state if you are good enough in the trials! Why do you want to exculde anyone from trying out?:mad:

By forcing the raise in entries at the States champs, entries to Rachuig drop off, it is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Is this wat you are getting at Craig?

Yes it would have been nice to know the State Champs were on.

I had planned to try out for the team this year, only to find out about the State Champs the week after it had all finished.

Did not hear of see any info on this at our local centre. Better promotion might help increase numbers.

I would love to have a go at Rachuig, but the timing of the States was not good for me.
So maybe next time.

David(yogi)

Obviously the viability of the State Champs is a whole other issue which has been debated extensively. That being said, hasn't the State Champs requirement been around for a little while now?

I personally don't mind the general concept of 'eligibility' in this case. While there are obviously some advertising issues which need rectifying, if you were seriously considering representing your state you probably would have gone and found out what said 'eligibility' criteria was early on in the year. Frank, Mac, Porto, Terry etc. obviously did, and good luck to them. This is not the Mickey Mouse team; this is the Victorian team, and I think there is merit in making it damn hard to earn that honour. It shouldn't be a team that you try out for on a whim; I think that eligibility ensures that we get the 'best' team, because the people who really are committed to representing our state will do so.

So I say keep some form of eligibility, but increase the advertisement so that there are no excuses next year!

Well put Crawf. This is not the Mickey Mouse team and there should be some criteria involved. Its a step in the right direction and just maybe one day the sport of Tenpin Bowling will be up there with Swimming, Basketball and Football just to name a few high profile sports. There are many tournaments around for those that want to challenge themselves on a whim. Having some sort of process is about creating a pathway.

As for the State Champ entries they were distributed to all the centres back in October/November so you may want to take that issue up with your centre. I know I advertise all entry forms that I receive. Ask your centre where they advertise all tournament entry forms. And another idea may be to list your State Assoc and TBA websites in your favourites and check the sites for updates from time to time as you would other topics of interest.

Getting sick of all the knockers getting in on each topic. Sometimes it sounds like the industry is doing nothing right. I wish the knockers would actually do something positive instead of whingeing all the time. Set up a thread called 'whingeing' and then say what you like there and leave other threads for the topic being discussed.

So back to the topic which is

WHO'S TRYING OUT FOR THE RACHUIG THIS YEAR?

Dozza;););)

Dozza..

Does the fact that I am the Victenpins voting delegate for Dragon City Lanes count as doing something positive? .... or maybe the FACT that I have nominated for a director's postion on the TBA Board might convince you of my good intentions.

Please don't allude to me in any more posts with your negativity.

Well Wayne I wasn't alluding to you in this post as you hadn't even posted in this thread that I was refering to. Or is that you were going to post here and you think my comment refers to you. Or is it that you feel that my reference to negative comments only refers to you. Hmmm. I'll think what I want.
And if you are the Victenpins delegate for Dragon City then you should get on here and let people know that the State sent out entry forms when they did.

And it wasn't negativity I was exerting it was pure frustration thank you.

Doriana

sounds like a case of the guilts or is that just my interpretation???

gotta agree with ya Doriana.
BTW g'day from W.A.

Back
Top Bottom