we all need to get a life.

"I would like to invite David Dale and Clara Iaccairno to visit:
www.jasonbelmonte.com
After you have viewed the above website, re-read your article and then see how you feel about your unintelligent and foolish comments!
What Jason Belmonte has achieved to date is nothing short of amazing!
Achievements I am sure you two could only dream of!!

SiT replies: We have done, and we are convinced. We will not make lighthearted remarks about ten pin bowling again. It was pure ignorance that caused us to question the two-handed technique.
Posted by: Natasha at April 25, 2007 10:13 AM"

Looks like they're getting the idea guys. Good job!

They Didn't post my comments.
Maybe a bit to much of the truth about trash journalism
My comments where a bit more harsh than the ones posted

Does anyone else find it funny that we now know Jason can write a better article about himself and his experience than 2 guys that do it for a living?

A potential career after bowling perhaps? Anything he could write would have to be better than that rubbish ;)

most comments were posted & an i guess apology was posted by the author of the article suggesting more research would be done in the future
maybe some bowling centre proprietor should invite some of the journos for a social day & perhaps an exhibition of bowling by jason with some food & light refreshements then perhaps they would get a more informed view of bowling & even get a better relationship with the media
try being constructive rather than destructive

i agree with Jarrod here and I will post a comment to those idiot journalists.

Jason Belmonte is the best in the world at the moment and by the end of his career he will be the best tenpin bowler in history. His achievements are doing the sport a world of good.

Jason and tenpin bowling does not deserve this media embarrassment.

I've just sat through and read all of the comments, and everyone has said exactly what needed to be said so articles like this dont happen in the future. It is also good to see people who aren't involved in the sport supporting our comments.

I too have posted my comments. I have even posted a challenge that they contact total bowling or TBA to get a list of upcoming tournaments talk to our elite bowlers, and get a real insight into what our sport is really all about.

Carolyn

well in all reality its just throwing a ball against ten pins...and the vast majority see it as that.

your right bundy beam but afl is just kicking and catching so why doesn't everyone call it an embarrassment.all sportspersons should be respected for what they do no matter the sport because it's the lead up to when the get to the elite range re: training,sacrifices etc that make them what they are today. SHAME on you journo's wonder if they've thrown a bowling ball before or even got a strike i don't think so.

Added my piece yesterday...it didn't get published
This so called expert on the Australian way of life appears to be very out of touch

I believe that when someone works as a journalist there comes with it a responsibility that the articles you produce have been properly researched and the information contained therein is accurate and informative.
You have failed miserably on this occasion and hopefully in the future you will make a better effort to produce articles that are up to the standard of a professional journalist.
I am only assuming you get paid for writing such crap as there is no evidence that you should be from what I have read. (Reward for effort a big fat F)
Posted by: John Phillips at April 26, 2007 9:43 AM
......aaaahh..I feel so much better now.....lol.
Congratulations to Jason Belmonte....a magnificent effort. You are doing your sport and your country proud.

I think we all need to be careful with the words we choose to express ourselves towards these journalists, be smart, make them feel stupid. For sure, express your feelings and concerns towards them... Remember nothing gets published without getting approved first by an EDITOR, there must be a reason this got published.

Lets look at it differently now shall we??? Maybe Jason should feel privlaged and honoured at this slur to his win, they now class him in celebrity status??? Do you ever hear about the good things famous people do??? Controversy sells!! I think maybe they were a little bored of publishing Jason's wins, and thought maybe it would be better to "take away" from his victory. CONTROVERSY! After all, how many people will be wanting the next paper??? i know i want 1, and i think every other person that reads this thread is going to want one, just to see what rubbish they write next.

In conclusion, i wouldn't get to fired up about this article, thats exactly what they want, and i garuntee they are sitting back laughing at all our comments. "We all need to get a life..." i dont think im the one in Australia putting down Ten Pin Bowling when i believe there is a war going on, i'm sure there are stories there... if only they had the "balls"! As everyone knows ANY publicity is GOOD publicity, so hopefully BELMO will be in every issue they print.

Lindsay Kilpatrick

I have also replied as well. Can't believe their lame attempt to say sorry for their comments.

I've suggested to them to actually do a proper article on jason and offer him an apology for their mistake.

Fingers cross they take up the challange.

hamo

Thank you everyone for your support....

I have not had a chance to see this article till now and its really nice to know that i have a group (and what a group) of people who are willing to take the time to support me when something like that is written.

I am not concerned that it is about me in the slightest, but like the rest of you i am always cranky when someone has a go at the sport i love.

Hopefully in the future this reporter will write something to mend what he has broken.

Again thank you everyone......

Jason Belmonte

Back
Top Bottom