we all need to get a life.

lgt

Here is an article i spotted today in the Sydney Morning Herald, Stay in Touch section.
I thought it was worth sharing, and possibly worth our rebuttal.

Achievements - ORANGE CRUSHER

"Eat your heart out, Homer Simpson. Here's another triumph for Aussie sportsmen -- unless it's another embarrassment. It all depends on your attitude to ten pin bowling.

Jason Belmonte, 23, of Orange, won the World Tenpin Masters in Hull, England, on Sunday. His victory caps a successful six months, after back-to-back wins at the Brunswick Australian Cup in December, captaining the winning Rest of the World team in Malaysia last month and winning the 2007 High Roller tournament in Las Vegas.

Belmonte, who uses what the experts call "a two handed football pass delivery" (can this be legal?), eclipsed the record in the final, beginning with six strikes before opening the seventh. He finished with 23 strikes out of a possible 24 to claim the title. If you understand the last two sentences, you've clearly got the balls but you may need to get a life."

by David Dale and Clara Iaccairno

Obviously the only balls the jounos have are ones that control their pc mouse.
feel free to respond at www.smh.com.au/sit

Well, there's your typically misinformed and none too bright Sydney media at work for you there!

Not the most intelligent or factual bunch of people on the planet this lot.
Maybe these two might need to stick to writing fashion articles or gossip columns instead.
Last week one Sydney 'trash'bloid had Adam Selwood as being a Fremantle player and Des Headland as being a West Coast Eagle in one of their articles on the now infamous sledging issue. :rolleyes:

Maybe they should be invited down to play one of these guys like a Belmo or Lean, Walsh etc, meet them and talk to them and then formulate an opinion.
They obviously need educating.

I'm just amazed that it actually took two people to come up with that crap... :Lighten:

Yay!!! more 'tards in the media!! Obviously it would have ruined their story if they included him taking home 25g's from the 'Roller and 30g from the Masters

I have posted a comment on the site and suggested all to do the same.

Bowling needs to be taken seriously if it wants to get anywhere and that article appauling and such an acheivement doesnt deserve such comments.

I have posted my reply to them, and I hope that they will take notice. I can't believe how cruel some people can be. Belmo is nothing short of a legend, and I wish Jason a huge congratulations for his efforts.

I know that countless amounts of people will be proud of you, including myself, and to bowl a 283 average in the final along with a 300 game and 23 out of 24 shots striking is absolutely extraordinary. I know that achievements like this will not only give you more of a good name than I know you have, but also help to ensure that bowling continues to fight and get the credibility that it so longingly deserves.

Enjoy the win, Belmo ;)

Ciao Now

Rowey :p

that is appalling comments. The media should not be making lite this fantastic achievement, by Belmo.

They are there to report on the facts, and not post judgement against a person for the sport they have choosen to play.

I have left a comment on the site....lets see if they approve it

What a couple of absolute bell ends. This is one of the most epic achievements of an Australian bowler ever and it's completely ridiculed. Absolute disgrace. Neither the sport of bowling or Belmo himself deserve that type of disrespect. I have sent a comment also.

i just added my comment aswell but very strange as half a sleep and yeah and anyway thats a just stupid wins won of the hardest tournaments in the world and gets ridiculed about it thats just shameful.

Chris

Just because two illinformed reporters from a second-rate newspaper don't have a clue what they're smoking, let alone writing about does not take away the fact that the phenom they call BELMO is a deadset legend in this sport and someone that many bowlers in this country (myself included) look up to.

Greats in other sports could learn a thing or two from Jason. Not only is he one of the most talented athletes in his chosen sport, he is also one of the nicest. He goes out of his way to say hi to the fringe bowlers. Encourages the tournament first timers. And is happy to talk to anyone, whether they be spectator or bowler about anything.

One thing that sticks in my mind was from SA under 23s in 2005. A young bowler in her first tournament (the name escapes me, sorry)had mentioned to someone that she wanted to meet Belmo or was in awe of him as a bowler (unsure exactly). After he finished qualifying, he spent his free time being part of her cheer squad encouraging her for most, if not for all, of the 12 games. If that isn't going out of your way for others then I don't know what is!

Who knows, maybe if these "reporters" knew the bowler, not just the name, a more intelligent piece could have been created.

My thoughts.

Luke.

I just posted this comment. I doubt it will get a run.

Reading this pathetic article on Anzac Day makes me sick. After everything the diggers went through in the war try implying to them that there’re embarrassments.

I will tell you what an embarrassment is: the SMH actually pays this journalist to write stories for them. DAVID DALE, if I were your employer I would send you back to the zoo with a pocket full of peanuts.

Jason Belmonte is a close friend of mine. He is by far the best player in the world right now. Belmo is looked up to by the entire bowling fraternity. He is just like most successful Australian sportspeople – well spoken, confident, down to earth and most of all he represents our country with the utmost pride and respect.

DAVID DALE, I reckon you’re a skinny nerdy fellow with coke bottle glasses and braces – lets just call you a male version of Ugly Betty. I would love to see you present this article to Belmo – I am guessing you do not have a life away from your computer desk so you will not have the balls to present this article to Belmo.

DAVID DALE, SHOW US THAT YOU HAVE SOME BALLS AND REPLY TO MY COMMENT. PLEASE ANSWER HOW IT IS AN EMBARRASEMENT REPRESENTING AUSTRALIA AND WINNING THE WORLD TENPIN MASTERS.

ALSO VISIT www.totalbowling.com.au AND EXPLAIN YOUR ARTICLE TO THE BOWLING WORLD.

Brandon Qualischefski

I too posted a comment...In saying that after reading the clause they sent me after submitting I wonder how there rubbish was published...

Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments, I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment

This is what I sent…

I think this is a case of Dumb and Dumber... It's a shame you actually have been paid to write rubbish like that. Either your mail/scope was incorrect or you have no respect for what has been achieved by Jason Belmonte. The two handed wonder from down under (and yes it is legal) has done more for Ten Pin bowling then you pair could ever dream of doing for journalism. I am the owner of a very large Ten Pin Bowling Forum, www.totalbowling.com.au we all urge you both to sign up and answer some questions on an international forum of our chosen sport. I can assure you that what you have typed here, I could have written ten times better using a can of recycled Alphaghetti. I hope the Company Directors see the light and see the damage you have cause for the reputation of the SMH and take the correct measures. In finishing, well done Belmo, on achieving such an outstanding result, and on being so humble about it, take what these nobody say with a grain of salt.

Well I posted an article as well. But I don't think they even have enough IQ behind them to read it, Judging by the dribble coming from their mouth (or ass).

What a bunch of W@$~kers.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave k

Here's another triumph for Aussie sportsmen -- unless it's another embarrassment. It all depends on your attitude to ten pin bowling.
feel free to respond at www.smh.com.au/sit

It appears that the authors may have had a slight change of heart :confused: When you log into the url the article now has been edited, and the bit "unless it's another embarrassment" has now been deleted.....to bad it already went to press in its original form :slap_1gtk:

Back
Top Bottom