Victorian 2010 Country Championships

Eligibility: This Tournament is open to all 2010 REGISTERED players of the following Associations ALBURY/WODONGA, BALLARAT, BENDIGO, COLAC, GEELONG, LATROBE VALLEY, OVENS & MURRAY (WODONGA), SALE, SHEPPARTON, SUNRAYSIA, WARRNAMBOOL and any other City Association/Centre invited to participate..

The last line opens another debate, if its the country champs why the f**k is any other city association/center going to be invited to participate?????????
Do we get invited to the City Champs? Do us all a favaour VCTBA and F**k this line off out of our rules for good.
Just my $1,000,000 worth for those keeping track, and yes I will be there for a beer and a bowl with ya Ooompa Loompa!

Jase, there are other country centres that have been invited to bowl in the past, like Horsham and Bowl a rama Geelong who haven't been accepted into Country Cup yet....I think that wording is in there for them....not so much a 'city' centre....

Just throwing that out there......;)

I used to always bowl country champs before anything else, but as I now run the other centre in Geelong and as we have not been able to form one assoc. not that we haven't tried I have to wait for an invite, myself and some of our bowlers would love to support this event but at this stage are not able to.

David "YOGI" Carmichael

don't hold your breath mate, your $28 doesn't have the same value as the guy that lives up the road from you

and people wonder why i refuse to sanction

I used to always bowl country champs before anything else, but as I now run the other centre in Geelong and as we have not been able to form one assoc. not that we haven't tried I have to wait for an invite, myself and some of our bowlers would love to support this event but at this stage are not able to.

David "YOGI" Carmichael

David:

I am told from a fairly reliable source that both Bowl a Rama and Horsham were to be invited to participate in the Country Champs and that the entry forms were already sent to you..

cheers

Ace_Hi

I have spoken to my own 'reliable source' ;) and as i am not afraid to state my opinion am also the first to admit when i have it wrong so I wish to appologise to the VCTBA if my comment has been, well, misunderstood by people outside of the intended target audience.
I was not having a go at Eric or his band of 'VOLUNTEERS' but was meerly suggesting that the wording may have been misleading. I have been spoken to as to why this rule/wording is in place and now have a better understanding of the intentions of that piece of literature.
So please people can we move on from this, go forth and bowl.:)

Regards Jason Motta

Actually the country bowlers used to be able to bowl in the CTBAM City Championships - this was open to all Victorian bowlers.

I guess now that has changed seeing that we now have United (the merger of CTBAM and MTBA).

I don't see why the city bowlers can't bowl in the country champs. I take it as the championships are held at country centres. If people are wanting to bowl why not let them?? More entries, more payouts, better competition.....

Liz

i said it before and i'll say it again

we are the only sport who restricts participation and yet we wonder why our numbers are poor

so many restrictions and so few numbers, yeah i know, i'm the illogical one

when the message of we want you to bowl, over powers the restrictions to why you can't, nothing will ever change

i said it before and i'll say it again

we are the only sport who restricts participation and yet we wonder why our numbers are poor

so many restrictions and so few numbers, yeah i know, i'm the illogical one

when the message of we want you to bowl, over powers the restrictions to why you can't, nothing will ever change

I was looking for the "LIKE" option and then realised it wasn't Facebook. :confused:

Liz

Back
Top Bottom