Victorian State Championships @ Werribee Superbowl

From the entry form:

VicTenpins has sought representatives from every bowling centre in Victoria to compete in the 2009 State Masters events – Seniors, Adults and Juniors.

I understand centres were offered the chance to nominate representatives. The idea being that each centre could hold a "centre championships" and nominate the winners.

I have been told that all centres were advised quite some time ago.
It could have been a good opportunity to have a roll off for the spots and it could have been covered in the costs.
We chose to pick our team and they participate at our cost.
For those interested maybe you could just ask your centre. Its not too late.

Doriana

Ballarat association chose to support it, held qualifiers during league and unfortunately did not have enough entries to hold a roll off but it's a good idea and hopefully will get better support next year.

Ballarat Reps

Mens Open - Graeme O'Connor
Ladies Open- Natalie O'Connor
Junior Girls - Sarah Newman

How will the centre reps fit into the formatt for masters, as when I bowled last weekend the commitee were still unsure on the formatt and how many bowlers would participate in the masters?

As I mentioned previously..NO ONE is representing Bendigo. The association chose not to offer the spots to any of its members....

Why, I have no idea, but i'm not amused by the decision.

Wayne,
The reason the BTBA vetoed the idea was that originally this weekend was to be our Begonia Cup challenge against Ballarat, therefore not enabling our top average bowlers to qualify and also the short notice given. However a couple of people were asked and as a result Dave Farquharson, Christine Clark and Adam Brooks have gone down today to qualify for the Masters next weekend. I believe however, that Christine gets automatic entry into this event as she is the current Country Masters Champion from 2008.

Cheers
Tracey:)

Wayne,
The reason the BTBA vetoed the idea was that originally this weekend was to be our Begonia Cup challenge against Ballarat, therefore not enabling our top average bowlers to qualify and also the short notice given.

Cheers
Tracey:)

Ahem....I am your (Bendigo's) top average bowler. Not once have I ever been asked if I'd like to bowl the Begonia Cup, so that isn't an excuse for not offering me the bowl's representative Masters spot.

It would be nice to be asked once in awhile....

We have had another hugely successful weekend of State entries thanks to the support of Victorian bowlers!
Remember that Saturday is your last opportunity to get your entries in and with only 3 squads in the morning they will fill.
If you haven't already got your entries in it isn't too late to get your singles doubles or teams organised so fax your entries asap
to Denece on 5831 1854 or ring Jan on 0417 573 852.

Doriana Porto
Werribee Superbowl

NB: Do not send entries to Werribee Superbowl.

Ahem....I am your (Bendigo's) top average bowler. Not once have I ever been asked if I'd like to bowl the Begonia Cup, so that isn't an excuse for not offering me the bowl's representative Masters spot.

It would be nice to be asked once in awhile....

Wayne,

You weren't the top average bowler last time I looked at the yearbook, and you didn't win the Masters, which was the selection process by the Tournament Director for the Masters spot.

I suggest you check your facts and maybe ask the Tournament Director or the bowl Management before you air your differences in public.

David

Wayne,

You weren't the top average bowler last time I looked at the yearbook, and you didn't win the Masters, which was the selection process by the Tournament Director for the Masters spot.

I suggest you check your facts and maybe ask the Tournament Director or the bowl Management before you air your differences in public.

David

There's a yearbook??? First I've heard of it. So tell me David..who was the high average bowler in Bendigo last year and what was their average?
I'm simply asking for an explanation, not an apology or any concessions.

There's a yearbook??? First I've heard of it. So tell me David..who was the high average bowler in Bendigo last year and what was their average?
I'm simply asking for an explanation, not an apology or any concessions.

Gee Greg - maybe it was me with about a 213, then Greg Brooks second. I think you may have been 3rd.

If you have any doubts why don't you check the facts at the bowl, when you are in there next. They have a full copy available.

And Wayne, I wouldn't expect an apology, although I think some others will be.

David

Just confirmed our Centre Representative for Seniors Male is Chris Benson.
Good Luck to the rest of the Team.

Seniors Female: Josie Culliver
Adult Male: David Porto
Adult Female: Karen Newman
Junior Male: Paul White
Junior Female: Aleisha Shields

GO WERRIBEE!!!

Dozza

Does anyone know what the estimated finishing time for Masters will be on the Saturday.

Just trying to work out whether it is worthwhile purchasing A-League Grand Final tickets.

Gee Greg - maybe it was me with about a 213, then Greg Brooks second. I think you may have been 3rd.

If you have any doubts why don't you check the facts at the bowl, when you are in there next. They have a full copy available.

And Wayne, I wouldn't expect an apology, although I think some others will be.

David

The yearbook is wrong, plain and simple....It has me listed at 212 avg for 42 games. I averaged 229+ for 30 games over the course of ten weeks of my league, while qualifying for the Emerson Shield team. Do you really think I averaged under 170 the rest of the season? lol

I don't have a problem with you David, so why are we throwing insults at each other? I was just rectifying an incorrect statistic (high average) and asking why the BTBA didn't bother to ask me if I wanted the spot, since I'm not on the Begonia Cup team. Now, you've given me the reason (Bendigo Masters title) and I'm ok with that.

Back
Top Bottom