Victorian State Championships @ Werribee Superbowl

I would also like to know if we are going to be given a format for the masters before people get there on Saturday?

Its on Victenpins along with the current masters standing.

Format:
Will be based on twelve bowlers
Defending champion & centre representatives must bowl a Masters qualifying score for seeding purposes
Matches will be best of three games
Round 1:Twelve qualifiers, with 6 winners proceeding
Round 2: Six winners from Round 1, with 3 winners proceeding
Round 3: One game sudden death, low score eliminated - two remaining proceed to final
Final: Best of three games

Its on Victenpins along with the current masters standing.

Format:
Will be based on twelve bowlers
Defending champion & centre representatives must bowl a Masters qualifying score for seeding purposes
Round 1:Twelve qualifiers, with 6 winners proceeding
Round 2: Six winners from Round 1, with 3 winners proceeding
Round 3: One game sudden death, low score eliminated - two remaining proceed to final

I can't see that on the Victenpins website!
I could previously see the scores.

Interesting that it is based on 12 bowlers. Does this apply to all divisions?

I can't see that on the Victenpins website!
I could previously see the scores.

Interesting that it is based on 12 bowlers. Does this apply to all divisions?

2009 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

MASTERS (OPEN MEN)

Name Score
Position 1 Defending Champion Glen Loader
Position 2 VCTBA Masters Winner -
Position 3 Centre: Albury Mathew Chettleburgh
Position 4 Centre: Ballarat Graeme O'Connor 554
Position 5 Centre: Bendigo Greg Brooks
Position 6 Centre: Bowl-a-Rama Nick Walsh 542
Position 7 Centre: Horsham Ash Batchelor 554
Position 8 Centre: Melton
Position 9 Centre: Shepparton Kevin Wilkins
Position 10 Centre: Sunraysia Rob Garioch
Position 11 Centre: Werribee David Porto 583
Position 12 Qualifier Mark Dodds 709
Position 13 Qualifier Craig Ryan 648
Position 14 Qualifier Frank Bell 628
Position 15 Qualifier Joshua Alvisse 607
Position 16 Qualifier Grant Eadie 583
Position 17 Qualifier Terry Silva 565
Position 18 Scott Berger 558
Position 19 Peter Caramalis 535
Position 20 Dean Champ 518
Position 21 High Livingstone 517

Format:
Will be based on sixteen bowlers
Round 1: Sixteen qualifiers, with 8 winners proceeding
Round 2: Eight winners from Round 1, with 4 winners proceeding
Round 3: Four winners from Round 2, with 2 winners proceeding to final

As at the completion of 6.00pm squad on Sunday, 22 February 2009

So with the Centre Reps, are only country centres allowed to put them in or were they the only ones that did?

Also I was wondering why the Open men have 16 qualifiers & the Open women only have 12?
It only allows now for 5 women to make the masters who aren't centre reps.

Name Score
Position 1 Defending Champion Narelle Baker
Position 2 VCTBA Masters Winner Christine Clark 571
Position 3 Centre: Ballarat Natalie O'Connor 555
Position 4 Centre: Bendigo
Position 5 Centre: Horsham Rosemary Arnott 468
Position 6 Centre: Sunraysia Lisa Garioch
Position 7 Centre: Werribee Sue Parry 484
Position 8 Qualifier Kristi Godfrey 673
Position 9 Qualifier Rachelle Flynn 660
Position 10 Qualifier Rebecca Whiting 641
Position 11 Qualifier Emily Robertson 593
Position 12 Qualifier Natarsha Vella 591
Position 13 Qualifier Kirsten Field 570
Position 14
Position 15
Position 16

Jenny ;)

So with the Centre Reps, are only country centres allowed to put them in or were they the only ones that did?

Also I was wondering why the Open men have 16 qualifiers & the Open women only have 12?
It only allows now for 5 women to make the masters who aren't centre reps

Hi Jenny,
The original plan was for all centres to have centre reps, making the masters fields 40 bowlers, then a best of 3 games was to be bowled. So they would go from 40 to 20, 20 to 10, 10 to 5. Then the top qualifier would sit out, then it would go from 4 to 3 then a 3 way step ladder.

So to answer your question, besides Werribee and maybe Melton, no other metro centres seem to have bothered.

Rob

Cool Rob thank you for filing me in with all that information.
It's much appreciated.

Catch you on the weekend if your down at Werribee.

Jenny ;)

Thanks for that guys! I found that after I posted on here!
Anyway does anyone know if it is still going to be run on Saturday Afternoon and Sunday or if they are going to try and complete it all on the one day?

It's just that it's a lot of petrol to use to come down 2 days in a row if there's a chance that you are bowling only 1 or 2 games on the 2nd day.

I'm sure there's other people that will have to travel further than me too!

Maybe the reason why there is a shortage of Metro entries - could relate to the fact that our bowling centre was never contacted by Victenpins to request representatives - perhaps others centres did not recieve the request aswell.

The masters schedule is a joke. not to mention the terrific $100 payoff you get for winning the event.

One would think that a host bowling centre should have to provide lanes for the Masters finalists in the evening as well as during the daytime. I mean seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous to make out of town bowlers stay overnight after bowling and winning just one match on Saturday. Everyone involved in this farce should take a good long look at themselves and ask if they think that's a fair way to treat the state's top bowlers.

Maybe the reason why there is a shortage of Metro entries - could relate to the fact that our bowling centre was never contacted by Victenpins to request representatives - perhaps others centres did not recieve the request aswell.

That is a very strange post Robyn.
The following is a list of centre's that was on the same email that I recieved.

AMF Boronia ; AMF Chadstone ; AMF Dandenong ; AMF Forest Hill ; AMF Frankston ; AMF High Point ; AMF Keon Park ; AMF Knox ; AMF Moorabbin ; AMF Northcote ; AMF Sunshine ; Ballarat Bowl ; Colac Bowl ; Dragon City Lanes ; Echuca Bowl ; 'Epping Bowl' ; Geelong Bowl ; Greensborough Lanes ; Horsham Bowl ; Marg Wilson - Bendigo ; Melton Bowl ; Mentone Bowl ; Morwell Bowl ; 'Sale Bowl' ; Star Bowl ; Sunraysia ; Warragul Bowl ; Warrnambool Bowl ; Werribee Superbowl ; Wodonga Bowl

So unless your centre's email is not working or it is not on the list then they plainly just ignored it or failed to pass it on to the people that needed to see it.

Cheers
Rob

The masters schedule is a joke. not to mention the terrific $100 payoff you get for winning the event.

One would think that a host bowling centre should have to provide lanes for the Masters finalists in the evening as well as during the daytime. I mean seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous to make out of town bowlers stay overnight after bowling and winning just one match on Saturday. Everyone involved in this farce should take a good long look at themselves and ask if they think that's a fair way to treat the state's top bowlers.

I suspect that this question will be answered tomorrow.

I would love to be able to give both masters and sports series a good shake this weekend. We will see what happens.

The host bowling centre will only provide what they are asked to provide.

I don't want to start anything but....... Where were the knockers back in November?

It's all good to criticise and point the finger, but when only one person turns up to the last AGM then "you reap what you sow". If you want to have a say about things, get on the committee. I think nominations will be out soon for sub-committees for VicTenpins (they may already be out- not too sure).

Some of you could make wonderful contributions - differences of opinion can be beneficial in the correct environment and with the proper protocols.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to offend. But I do sincerely believe with more assistance we can make it even better, and I congratulate the current committe for at least giving it a go. 5 people are trying to service a state wide community, while holding down jobs, raising families, keeping sweet with their other half..... Better to have tried and failed (not that I think they have failed) than never to have tried.

Edi

Back
Top Bottom