Victorian State Championships @ Werribee Superbowl

I would like to congratulate Werribee bowl for a fantastic job of hosting the Championships.

Could not fault the friendleness of the staff, the amenities, and the condition of the lanes.

As far as I can see, they did everything that was asked of them, and more.

Well done.

David

The masters schedule is a joke. not to mention the terrific $100 payoff you get for winning the event.

One would think that a host bowling centre should have to provide lanes for the Masters finalists in the evening as well as during the daytime. I mean seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous to make out of town bowlers stay overnight after bowling and winning just one match on Saturday. Everyone involved in this farce should take a good long look at themselves and ask if they think that's a fair way to treat the state's top bowlers.

The country bowlers would have had to stay overnight whether the masters was over one day or two.

This year Victenpins tried a different format which enabled all the masters finals to be bowled at the one time.

In previous years the juniors have bowled in the morning and the adults in the afternoon.

It did create a lot of interest.

It was a shame that a Sports Series Tournament was on at the same time as the masters.

The country bowlers would have had to stay overnight whether the masters was over one day or two.

Mr Whiting..Your answer makes no sense at all. Do you mean that if the Masters tournament was run all on one day a bowler wouldn't be allowed to drive or fly home on the same day?

Ok I shouldn't assume.

In past years a lot of country bowlers have bowled on the Saturday before masters and stayed overnight.

Of course they could drive home and come back the next day.

Ok I shouldn't assume.

In past years a lot of country bowlers have bowled on the Saturday before masters and stayed overnight.

Which I did.

I must admit it was a bit of a drag to drive home over 2 hours, then back the following morning for 3 games.

David

Ok I shouldn't assume.

That's not the same thing .....Masters finals could and should be run over the one day. Bowling just one match on the first day is just ridiculous.

Jess i would have said victenpins.com.au but i just had a quick look and there's nothing there sorry
i would like to see how bad i went. LOL

Jess, they said in the presentation that results would be made available in around a weeks time on Victenpins

That's not the same thing .....Masters finals could and should be run over the one day. Bowling just one match on the first day is just ridiculous.

A lot of the bowlers both metro and country chose to bowl their singles, doubles and teams on the Saturday.

If they qualified for the masters then they bowled the one masters match to qualify for day two.

Some of these bowlers stayed on the Friday and Saturday nights. They knew in advance that they would be staying for the two nights.

The format is no different to the Australian Masters where you can have a bye in the first round bowl the 2nd round and you are out. No day 2.

As I said in a previous post Victenpins were trying something different. It may not be ideal but at least they are trying.

Last years female masters had three bowlers this year there was 12.

The master final on the Sunday didn't start until 11.30am so this gave the bowlers ample time to travel back if they wanted to.

Of course the bowlers from Mildura and Albury chose to stay overnight.

Nothing wrong with some slightly "heated" discussion Bluey.
If done the right way it can only assist in someone coming up with an idea that will be very beneficial to the sport of tenpin bowling.... That is what we want right?

Nothing wrong with some slightly "heated" discussion Bluey.
If done the right way it can only assist in someone coming up with an idea that will be very beneficial to the sport of tenpin bowling.... That is what we want right?

Of course, but no harm in **** stirring the 2 old women along the way.

Back
Top Bottom