The Wrestling Thread

Today on Smackdown, Jack Swagger cashed in his Money in the Bank and is now the World Heavyweight Champion. Looks like they're pushing the younger guys. Dolph Ziggler got a clean victory over Great Khali with a sleeper hold. They should have started making new starts about 2 years ago but they really need to do it.

I'll take a stafb at The Rock will be Raw GM. He said in a radio interview he has retired from wrestling but he is working on a major project with Vince McMahon which will be beyond a re-occuring guest host role on Raw.
as far as the rocks plans are they are more likely to do something around the time just after summerslam i belive

GoTheCell you should find something better to do with your time. Wrestling is entertainment, it's all about capturing peoples imagination.... like movies!!

I gotta say, I didn't think Taker v HBK could top last years great match, I don't think they did but they certainly did match it!! I thought it was great they saved this match till last, no other wrestlers in the world could have done what they did.... twice.

wrestlemaina 25 and 26 will go down in history as the 2 greatest matches ever and thats just the facts other top wrestlemaina matches are there as well but its been said that these were the best thus far

GoTheCell. Your opinion is not needed, nor wanted in this thread. If you don't enjoy wrestling then go post elsewhere. There's no need for you to try and cause trouble. We know wrestling is pre-dertimined. It's entertainment. By pulling out all the stops means they went all out, pulled out some big moves to make sure they put on a good match for the crowd and fans.

Other than that, it I thought it was a good Wrestlemania. Here are the results:

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
Big Show and The Miz def. R-Truth and John Morrison

Randy Orton def. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes

Jack Swagger won the Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Triple H def. Sheamus

Rey Mysterio def. CM Punk

Bret "Hitman" Hart def. Vince McMahon

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho def. Edge

The Heel Divas def. The Babyface Divas (Horrible match)

WWE Championship
John Cena def. Batista

Streak vs Career
The Undertaker def. Shawn Micheals

Very emotional ending with HBK getting the big send off.

shawn micheals career is over but what he did at both mainas is one for the ages he is the only person in history to go back to back matches and well he has had a great career and will be missed was on of my top 5 abouslte favourite wrestlers

definitly will be a hall of famer and most likely next year or 2012 because there is talk and only talk at this stage of next years hall of fame beening a WCW/WWE HOF

FOR MORE INFO GO TO www.nodq.com for all wrestling related news
also go to talk wrestling on youtube for previews and mail bag questions and other wrestling news by host jeff mecham

Another wrestling death - Former WCW and short-term WWF/E wrestler Chris Kanyon committed suicide on Friday night.

Never was a fan of his but still sad to hear.

Definately sad to hear about the passing of Chris Kanyon. I thought he was a massively underrated worker and always had ability and innovative moves. Too many deaths, it's getting to be ****ed.

"Who better than Kanyon" at the arena in the sky?

Gotta say, it's about bloody time the Intercontental Championship has had some spotlight!!!

I can't even remember the last time the IC and US title was defended at a pay-per-view. Infact, I can't even remember the last time the Miz last defended his US title. I hope the wwe create some decent storylines for these titles, otherwise whats the point in having them!!

If they don't start doing PPV defences of the IC and US title they will go the way of the Cruiserweight and Light Heavy Weight titles. Personally I think they should re instate them so that the smaller guys get more title shots. Seriously who wouldn't like seeing the Likes of Evan Bourne with a title?

Just using Evan as an example though, there are many talented Cruiserweights not getting their fair share. Even though many people here might have issues with TNA they do have the right idea with the X division. I'm an avid fan of both TNA and WWE and they both have thier strong points and weak points, and frankly I prefer them to be two totally different entities. Gives people more choice. And smart move in TNA's part moving back to thursdays in the US, no need for another "Monday night wars". TNA should not become another WCW (Even though I was a massive fan of WCW back in the day), no one wants to see that.

I wonder why wwe wont give Santino a push.... he's a fan favourate and bloody entertaining!!

A Santino/Kozlov tag team could be quite hilarious. Santino as the comedy and Kozlov totally deadpan serious.

Santino on RAW yesterday: "Vladimir Kozlov. Eve has agreed that if you make a tag team with me, then Eve will make love to you.

Eve: No No No

Santino: Sorry Eve. I meant Eve would love you to make a tag team with Santino, that's what I meant to say.

Taker is out coz Rey Mysterio broke his nose in there match last week. I guess this is a chance to give Kane a push back to main event status.

He wasn't found in a 'vegeatative state' thats just the story line. As Deadman Inc said, mysterio broke takers nose in there match a couple of weeks ago.

Which is strange he has competed with a broken nose before.

yea but its has been told that it was quite a nice shot that did more damage then just break his nose so he has had to take time off that and he is not the same young undertaker back in 2000 or earlier his age is showning with his injuries

Yeah and he did wrestle with a metal brace to protect it. It's funny thinking of him as human sometimes.... lol

I guess he sells his character well then.

Hey guys, thanks for all the info on what's going on in wrestling.

I for one look foward to reading the news you provide. It sure answers a lot of questions I have as a long time watcher of the WWE.

Back
Top Bottom