The Wrestling Thread

Wish I could of seen this, but couldn't justify the 35 bucks. it will be out on dvd soon anyway. I must say none of the results were really a surprise. Except for Miss Wrestlemania.

i watched wrestlemania and i can say what a great pay per view
taker and shawn micheals stole the show as the match went for a nearly 45 mins
money in the bank ladder match was so awsome great match heaps of great moments with all those superstars
world title match was pretty good i felt was a good end result
IC title match was something that will be remembered for a very long time since it hadn't been defended since 7 years prior to this year
disappointed in not seein the tag match but i liked the result
i really didn't like the diva battle royal ending but great to see some old divas competing
TORRIE WILSON,SUNNY,MOLLY HOLLY
wwe title match was a good mainevent but definitly the taker vs hbk took the mainevent spotlight in my opinion
stone cold had a great fairwell drink in front of 70,000 fans as put by JR

Jbl Said I quit after 27 second match what a joke.

Take and Hbk all i can say is wow one of the best matches i have seen, Finish move after finish move, 45 minutes that 1 hell of a match.

Cena lifting both big show and edge at the same time thats just incredible.

Triple h and Orton only disappointing part was there was no interference, i was expecting Orton's cronies come charging out once ref knocked down, or at least some kind of fight between them and Machmons

I didn't think WM was that bad. Like everybody else it's a shame they didn't show the tag title match. The MITB ladder match was great but I thought CM Punk winning it was a major disappointment. I should have taken that toilet break during the diva battle royal... what a waste that was. The IC title match may have only went for 27 seconds, but it was an entertaining 27 seconds, I hope JBL doesn't quit, he's one of the few superstars who knows how to pull good promos. The WHC match was ok, would have liked Big Show to have a run with the title. WWE title match was not what I expected, not much wrestling, more of a street fight. Everyone knows I've been a Taker fan my whole life, and that match must go down as one of the top 3 greatest matches he's had. I honestly thought he broke his neck after flying out of the ring it was unbelievable. Match of the decade so far....

Jbl Said I quit after 27 second match what a joke.

Take and Hbk all i can say is wow one of the best matches i have seen, Finish move after finish move, 45 minutes that 1 hell of a match.

Cena lifting both big show and edge at the same time thats just incredible.

Triple h and Orton only disappointing part was there was no interference, i was expecting Orton's cronies come charging out once ref knocked down, or at least some kind of fight between them and Machmons

I didn't think WM was that bad. Like everybody else it's a shame they didn't show the tag title match. The MITB ladder match was great but I thought CM Punk winning it was a major disappointment. I should have taken that toilet break during the diva battle royal... what a waste that was. The IC title match may have only went for 27 seconds, but it was an entertaining 27 seconds, I hope JBL doesn't quit, he's one of the few superstars who knows how to pull good promos. The WHC match was ok, would have liked Big Show to have a run with the title. WWE title match was not what I expected, not much wrestling, more of a street fight. Everyone knows I've been a Taker fan my whole life, and that match must go down as one of the top 3 greatest matches he's had. I honestly thought he broke his neck after flying out of the ring it was unbelievable. Match of the decade so far....

Results from wrestlemania 25 for those that missed it and my opinions
WWE Champion Triple H def. Randy Orton
was definitly like you said deadman was more of a street fight i was glad to see triple h win retain the title liked the entrance for wrestlemania

John Cena def. Edge & Big Show (New World Heavyweight Champion) Cena winning did not pick that i also was wanddering if they would give big show the title but great way to win it for cena almost a double FU nearly 700 punds

CM Punk wins Money in the Bank Ladder Match definitly a great match bodies flying everywhere with shelton benjamin stealing the high flyin moment for sure leaping off a 20 ft ladder on to a group of superstars on the floor also kofi kingstons efforts when he started to climb up the ladder that mark henery was holding that was pretty cool

Chris Jericho def. WWE Legends for me this match was pretty lame great to see the legends again but the best part was when jeericho called mickey roukre out to the ring and have roukre lay a nice left hand punch to put jericho on the mat

Matt Hardy def. Jeff Hardy (Extreme Rules Match)this was nothing more then a brotherhood gone bad jeff had heaps of momentum untill he leg dropped of a 20 ft ladder and missed matt then have matt put a chair around jeff's neck and deliver a painful looking twist of fate thought jeffs neck was broken

Undertaker def. Shawn Michaels once undertaker wins 17-0 but i really could have laid money on who would win cause iam a huge HBK fan and as always HBK lived up to his name MR WRESTLEMANIA DEFINITLY THE BEST WRESTLEMAINA MATCH U HAVE EVER SEEN WITH THE UNDERTAKER IN IT
shawn micheals even kicked out of a devistating TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER match of the year written all over it for sure

Rey Mysterio def. JBL (New Intercontinental Champion) 21 seconds well rey is a quick guy and to think that JBL QUITS again and by the same superstar as last time good to see rey capture his first IC title

"Santina" Marella wins 25-Diva Battle Royal for title of "Miss WrestleMania"
not even worth mentoining

WWE Tag Team Champions def. World Tag Team Champions (New Unified Tag Team Champions) disappionted that we did watch this match but was happy with the result iam not a fan or miz and morrison at all so to have carlito and primo unified tag champs makes me happy

well thats the reults and my opinins on the matches was a great pay per view
now lookin forward to wednesday afternoon when RAW DRAFT HAPPENS any predictions ppl

Well, JBL certainly lived up to his words in Houston’s Reliant Stadium Sunday night. And he did so in an astonishing 21 seconds, in front of more than 70,000 fans.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/9601254/results/

JBL HAS OFFICALLY PARTED WAYS FROM WWE TO PURSURE DIFFERENT CAREER

JBL’s much-anticipated “historic” announcement at Wrestlemania also was a dud. History might have been made had JBL removed that ridiculous-looking mask Rey Mysterio was wearing. Although the mask was designed to resemble that of The Joker, it looked more like the return of Doink The Clown, and seemed to legitimately scare some younger Mysterio fans at ringside.

John Bradshaw Layfield, however, merely confirmed following his 26-second Intercontinental title loss to Mysterio that he would be leaving WWE for good.

“I had wanted to make it to WM25 for years, and when injuries cut my career short the one regret I had was that I wouldn’t make the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania — well, I made it,” JBL later said on his WWE Universe blog.

He added that he has no plans to do anything on a professional level with WWE in the future and he’s not going back to commentary.

“Months ago, I picked out this match. If Eddie Guerrero couldn’t be here for it, then my dear friend Rey was the obvious choice, and I’m proud he was,” he said. “From the bottom of my heart, thank you for allowing me to be a part of the great theater we call sports entertainment.”

Word, however, has surfaced that JBL didn’t leave the company on the best of terms. His wife, financial guru Meredith Whitney, also didn’t attend what appears to have been Layfield’s last match.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/apr/12/mania_show_hits_and_more_misses/

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/report-jbl-parts-ways-with-wwe-on-shaky-terms-75078

Woah this thread has gone pretty quite, specially coming off a pretty interesting backlash. just started watching monday night raw (on thursday morning haha) and i heard vicki was in the ring, i went back to my room, heard ortons music hit, and i came out to watch, and after his parading around well, MVP came out, does that guy have guts, woah.

What does everyone else think to backlash, and this weeks raw?

.richard

The only good thing coming from Backlash was Christian becoming ECW Champion.

Also Randy new WWE Champion and thank Christ for the Big Show, Edge winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Cena.

Was anyone else thinking it made no sense for Punk to lose to Kane?

Hopefully they build him up for his Money in the Bank cash in and not make him weak like last year. Punk is going to be huge IF WWE Creative don't screw up his Money in the Bank push like last year. Yeah he won the title but the build up to the win made his reign look like a fluke. Good to see him pin Edge cleanly on Smackdown today with the GTS.

Speaking of Kane has anybody realised he seems to lose a lot of matches these days... not to mention the massive gut he's put on. Time for a change for the Kane character, he's becoming boring

Speaking of Kane has anybody realised he seems to lose a lot of matches these days... not to mention the massive gut he's put on. Time for a change for the Kane character, he's becoming boring

Another thing about kane, i dont really understand his current rivalry with CM Punk. Yes he was the last person CM Punk kicked before winning WITB, however in an 8 man ladder match who realy cares. And its not like kane has laid a challenge for CM Punks briefcase, so where do people think this short rivalry is going?

Personally unless kane turns mega evil again, or turns on the mcmahon family i dont really see anything that would really look impressive from kane in him being a good guy.

Thats just my opinion.

richard.

not to mention the fact since his mask has been taken off he has been pushed off the mainevent spot that he was up there with the like of undertaker and stone cold and the rock back in the day he was good my fav moment was in the wcw/ecw alliance take over where undertaker back then a biker was not only the wwe tag champion but the wcw tag champions with kane that was awsome

Also Randy new WWE Champion and thank Christ for the Big Show, Edge winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Cena.

Was anyone else thinking it made no sense for Punk to lose to Kane?

Hopefully they build him up for his Money in the Bank cash in and not make him weak like last year. Punk is going to be huge IF WWE Creative don't screw up his Money in the Bank push like last year. Yeah he won the title but the build up to the win made his reign look like a fluke. Good to see him pin Edge cleanly on Smackdown today with the GTS.

WTF??????? :mad: Thats it Chilly...no subway cookies for you next time we go shopping trolley driving.

How's that randy orton fella going? hey chris i remmember saying he was the next best thing to you when he first started ;)

WWE have released Mr Kennedy, 4 days after a successful return.

Details are vague. Does anyone have more to add?

hammo

Source: PWInsider

- Many people close to the situation believe that Kennedy's release was a decision made by Vince McMahon after Kennedy almost injured WWE Champion Randy Orton in the main event on last week's RAW.

Kennedy hit Orton with a back suplex that dropped Orton hard on the collar bone that he broke a few years back. Orton started pounding the mat in anger and later in the match, dropped Kennedy with an RKO that was a bit hard, causing Kennedy to grab at his wrist after hitting the mat.

The belief is that Orton complained about Kennedy's work in the match backstage. Sources say Vince McMahon agreed with Orton and it was seen as a "last strike" on Kennedy.

As seen earlier, Kennedy posted a video online earlier showing that his wrists were just fine. Sources say that Kennedy is "furious" about the reports of his injury. However, Kennedy isn't saying anything at all about the reported situation with Randy Orton.

As far as TNA is concerned, there appears to be some sort of interest but Kennedy can't work there until this September without waiving his 90-day no compete clause from his WWE contract.

Also whats happened to taker and michaels, I havent seen them since wrestlemania, did they both get injured?

Taker and HBK are taking extensive time off to rest up from ongoing injuries. Taker is having a few minor surgeries to hopefully prolong his career for a little bit more.

Taker and HBK are taking extensive time off to rest up from ongoing injuries. Taker is having a few minor surgeries to hopefully prolong his career for a little bit more.

Hopefully they'll be back in time for Summerslam for HBK v TAKER II

Back
Top Bottom