The Wrestling Thread

with Torrie leaving WWE are we going to see her now on TNA.
Their Knockouts leave WWE for dead.
Something maybe WWE could learn from TNA.

I used to go all the time in Melbourne as my cousins wrestled in the PWA.
their names are Jay Andrews and if you go back a few years there was another wrestler named FixXxer. My other cousin was a promoter/announcer. Used to have a great time. I think anybody that hasnt seen a aussie promotion would be amazed at what they saw. Problem is though, people only expect the razzle/dazzle and lights of WWE and TNA etc to give aussie promotions a go. Its a shame really.

I think I've seen a bit of Jay Andrews. He's a very talented wrestler. Its a shame most people are under the impression of if its not WWE or TNA, its not worth viewing.
Some of the greatest matches I've ever seen have been local products. People don't know what they're missing by not checking out the talent in our own backyard.

Most local feds put on a 3-4hr show every month for around the $15-$20 mark for tickets... Its some of the best value you'll get.

Perth have a great local fed, EPW, with some of the best guys in the country in Mikey Nicholls, Bobby Marshall, Hartley Jackson, Shane Haste, Jimmy Payne, Davis Storm.. the list goes on and on and on. Their next event, Evolution, is this weekend, Fri 16/5 and Sat 17/5 at the Venville Rec Centre in Maylands... well worth checking out if you can.

best move I saw Jay do was a shooting star press from the top rope to outside the ring onto 3 opponents. Was huge. A lot of people would be amazed by the abilities that the aussie guys have. some or most are even better than TNA or WWE stars. I wouldnt mind getting to some of the local shows here in WA but unfortunately other things get in the way. If the EPW guys are as good as the PWA boys it would be an awesome night.

Go onto EPWPerth.com - they have plenty of clips and info on all the guys. If you don't mind spending an extra $20 or so an event from last year, Evolution 2007 (Night 2) was the best night of Aussie wrestling I've EVER been to. 3 of my fave 5 matches of 2007 happened that night.
*FN Carnage/Chris J Lazereth vs Nate Dooley/Davis Storm - No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere
*Mikey Nicholls vs Damian Slater - Mikey's last match in Oz before coming back in November to become NWA Australian Champ
*Jimmy Payne vs Bobby Marshall in a Ladder Match for the EPW title - seeing this live was jawdropping!!

Well worth trying to pick up a DVD copy of this event,

WWE really need a new big feud to brew up this year on any brand. Last year they had Taker v Batista v Edge on SD, Punk v Morrison on ECW and Cena v Orton on Raw.

Taker/Bats/Edge is still entertaining and have produced some of the best matches in recent times but another fresh big name feud is needed. I would count Orton/HHH as being it but their feud was done previously a few years ago.

Any ideas on who could take the ball and run with it this year?

Jericho versus HHH a return to the old days would be great.

or

Jeff versus Matt cross brand battle. That would be good if Jeff, however would mean Jeff not being a goose again.

People that should not be involved:
Cena - just plain sick of him
Khali - already has too much air time
Orton - another one I am getting sick of seeing

Oh and one thing they need to can is the Vicky line, its just stupid!

On the strength of the PPV I think Jericho versus Michaels could be the go. Good technicians against one another. As for Batista he should be simply left out of it.

Jeff and Matt for the intercontinental and US title sounds good.

As for the others, Umaga is one of the most underated wrestlers on the Raw brand...if Vince wants heavyweight competition, he should think seriously of a JBL Umaga feud...instead of Khali and Big show.

Smackdown should put MVP in the world title hunt...maybe MVP getting the title then straight away Punk challenging him with MITB.

As for ECW...well they look rather slim at the moment. Maybe turn Morrison face and let him feud with Kevin Thorn or Cavo for the ECW title...all three are the only guys who have any real potential on the brand (except for Punk, who will probs be switching brands soon and Miz who is slowly develpoing into a respectable in ring preformer).

Punk was almost booed out of the building at Judgment Day. Hopefully they turn him heel soon. People will get to see the real great Punk then. Maybe a feud against Jeff Hardy with the whole "Straight Edge" vs "Drug Suspension" angle - I'd personally love to see that!

HBK v Jericho at JD was match of the night. Had me believing towards the end that Jericho was gonna tap out to the crossface... he would've been the first person to give up to the crossface since Daniel Benoit!!

In my own personal opinion.
WWE is getting extremely boring now. Especially with john cena being put into every major story line. If they were going to do that they need to bring back the rapping cena. some of the stuff he said that was funny...now its just plain boring...theodore long should be dropped from assistant manager on smackdown and put in charge of raw and somehow have a fued then between raw and smackdown.... and if vicki really still needs to be pushed around in a wheel chair then get edge to do it... god they aggrevate me so much lol.... bring back old school "badass undertaker" give him the title back and let him run with that for a while....maybe bring back lesnar and put him in a long standing fued with him....

in answer to your question Rat420, TNA does air on FOX8 on Foxtel and Austar, Saturday nights 10pm EST.

I think that TNA has the far superior WRESTLERS and WWE has the better entertainers, what both companies need is to take a leaf from each other. What TNA need is to get someone in creative who can book properly and write GOOD, CONTINUAL storylines and that would make for better watching there. On the other hand, what the WWE need to do that TNA do, is allow some of their better technical wrestlers like CM Punk, Jericho, Hardy, etc. to go out there and WRESTLE, not just perform within certain parameters. If you have ever seen CM Punk in ROH or Jericho in Mexico/Japan, you can see what they are capable of, but cuz Vinnie Mac likes stupid storylines and weird angles, you'll never see their full potential as main event WRESTLERS, not Superstars/Entertainers.

Paul Hayman was the best mind for wrestling angles and booking, and he also knew how to emphasis on a wrestlers strengths and mask the weaknesses

One last thing, John Cena is the new Hulk Hogan. Vince owns him and his likeness, and he will bleed John Cena's livelyhood, just like he did to Hulkamania in the 80's.

thanks paulie. i saw an add about tna tonight so i will sure tune in. most of wwe's wrestlers are dropping to tna now which is mainly why i wanted to watch it. i think they should bring back paul heyman as gm of ecw eric bischoff/stonecold as raw's co-gm (they had so much fun and made wrestling entertaining and put theodore r long or stephie mac back in charge of smackdown.

JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY
what do people think in the last 6 years was wwe's
funniest moment:
most dominant superstar:
underated superstar:
overated superstar:
best title reign (singles):
best title reign (tagteam):
best faction/group:
moment that shocked the world:
and lastly
wwe's sickest story line (eg eddie guerreo and rey mysterios "son")

Thanks guys

in answer to your question Rat420, TNA does air on FOX8 on Foxtel and Austar, Saturday nights 10pm EST.
I think that TNA has the far superior WRESTLERS and WWE has the better entertainers, what both companies need is to take a leaf from each other. What TNA need is to get someone in creative who can book properly and write GOOD, CONTINUAL storylines and that would make for better watching there. On the other hand, what the WWE need to do that TNA do, is allow some of their better technical wrestlers like CM Punk, Jericho, Hardy, etc. to go out there and WRESTLE, not just perform within certain parameters. If you have ever seen CM Punk in ROH or Jericho in Mexico/Japan, you can see what they are capable of, but cuz Vinnie Mac likes stupid storylines and weird angles, you'll never see their full potential as main event WRESTLERS, not Superstars/Entertainers.
Paul Hayman was the best mind for wrestling angles and booking, and he also knew how to emphasis on a wrestlers strengths and mask the weaknesses
One last thing, John Cena is the new Hulk Hogan. Vince owns him and his likeness, and he will bleed John Cena's livelyhood, just like he did to Hulkamania in the 80's.

Well said thats wat i think to :):)

thanks paulie. i saw an add about tna tonight so i will sure tune in. most of wwe's wrestlers are dropping to tna now which is mainly why i wanted to watch it. i think they should bring back paul heyman as gm of ecw eric bischoff/stonecold as raw's co-gm (they had so much fun and made wrestling entertaining and put theodore r long or stephie mac back in charge of smackdown.
JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY
what do people think in the last 6 years was wwe's
funniest moment:
most dominant superstar:
underated superstar:
overated superstar:
best title reign (singles):
best title reign (tagteam):
best faction/group:
moment that shocked the world:
and lastly
wwe's sickest story line (eg eddie guerreo and rey mysterios "son")
Thanks guys

funniest moment: Regals Sacking, well in recent memory :p
most dominant superstar: Umaga
underated superstar: Umaga
overated superstar: John Cena or Randy Orton
best title reign (singles): Batista when he and Eddie were fighting for it
best title reign (tagteam): London & Kendrick
best faction/group: DX
moment that shocked the world: Eddies death
wwe's sickest story line - Edge and Vicky (in fact I just spewed a little bit in my mouth)

Back
Top Bottom