The Wrestling Thread

After watching Smackdown friday just gone, and hearing JBL say that nobody can stop Khali, and nobody wants to face mark henry, here is a match made in heaven. Khali V Mark Henry i could see that being a match watch if it were ever to happen.

I'm in shock once again, i just read on Ninemsn that WWE Wrestler Crush has Died. Below is the article from ninemsn.

Professional wrestler Brian Adams — best known as Crush in the WWE world — is dead.

The 43-year-old died overnight with the cause yet to be determined, a statement said.

Adams was a member of the more hardcore wrestling unit known as Demolition, whose members were notorious for slathering black paint on their faces and donning leather straps as part of their outfits.

Adams' life wasn't without scandal: according to fan pages, he was allegedly arrested in 1994 for carrying steroids and a stun gun.

He was later acquitted of the drug charges.

The tragedy comes at an awkward time for WWE, which has been under the public gaze following the murder-suicide of Chris Benoit in June this year.

I can honestly say i dont remember too much about Bryan Adams in Demolition but i do remember Adams quite well from his time in WCW in the NWO Black & White and then later on as a part of the tag team KRONIK! I felt that Adams & Clark (KRONIK) were a dominant tag team, just not given the right push at the time WCW was going way down hill. They could have in their day (in my opinion) matched the likes of APA, Steiners, LOD, just by their quickness and power moves.
www.wwe.com/inside/news/articlephotos/brianadamsphotos/

Sad to see another wrestler has died although i dont remember Brian Adams at all but yeah its still sad. Too many wrestlers have died lately lets hope it doesnt happen again anytime soon. :(

Crush was one of the biggest names in the early 90s. One of my faves too especially as the new blood in Demolition. No one will ever forget the 2 out of 3 falls match between Demolition and the Hart Foundation (if you haven't seen it, I suggest you do!)

He had a pretty good feud (when he decided to pair up with the stable of Mr. Fuji, Jim Cornette and the champ Yokozuna) with Randy Savage which led to their Falls Count Anywhere match at WM10 back in 94 as well.

Kronik was one of the highlights in WCW. He had that look about him too which if booked right, could have been a really great monster and possibly even titleholder.

Probably why i have never heard of him...i was only born in 89 so i would have been too young to remember

Who can seriously beat the Great Kali he is a man mountain who made Kane look like a mere mortal yesterday on Smackdown. Cheers Ralph. P.S Mark Henry would get caned by Kali.

How good was that RKO on Cena? Absolutely awesome.

That made me so happy to see that... Even happier than when HBK turned on Cena before WM... Hell, it made me more happier than seeing HBK kick Hogan's teeth in. :D

got to love that RKO it can pack quite a surprise on ppl
as he did at wrestlemaina with 3 RKO`S in a row and then following with and rko off the top of the ladder with CM punk in the money in the bank ladder match that was awsome to see

HHH to kick king bookers arse at summerslam can't wait should be awsome to watch now there is the true KING OF THE RING (the game) the creberal assasign

I hope Triple H wins he is the true king and booker T does not deserve at all to be called king. Go Triple H!!!

I hope Triple H wins he is the true king and booker T does not deserve at all to be called king. Go Triple H!!!
DAMM STRAIGHT HE IS THE KING OF KINGS and is the only true king
with exception to jerry lawler who will remain the legend king of wrestling form the old days but HHH will be the only king around wwe now and for a long time after that

That was indeed a very awesome RKO on Cena, close to best ever, nearly as good as the one he did on Hogan. Where he did it on the boot of Hogan's car. It looked like it would have legit knocked Hogan out.

SUMMERSLAM PREDICTIONS

Cena Vs Orton = ORTON, RKO baby!!! New WWE CHAMP
Khali Vs Batista = Khali
Rey Vs Chavo = Chavo in a surprise upset
HHH Vs King Booker = The King of Kings
Morrison Vs CM Punk = Morrison to retain in a great match
Umaga vs Carlitio vs Kennedy = a toughy, but i think Carlito due to his recent push or for Kennedy if he is to be revealed as Vinces son.
Divas Battle Royal = Who Knows!!! Victoria maybe!

It looked like it would have legit knocked Hogan out.

Would have... if it wasn't for Hogan's ego not letting him sell for sh*t

Cena sold it really well. Hopefully Orton goes over at SS then wipes out Cena completely the next night of Raw, and then when HHH interferes, Orton bloodies him too.

It'd bring back such good memories from the end of last year when Edge and Orton took care of DX that night. Such fun times...

Attachments

• doublerko.gif
    doublerko.gif
    116.7 KB · Views: 91
For those that watched RAW last night, I think Tazz had one of those moments where he had every intention of saying something that made sense, and then really didn't. When Booker brought on the impost HHH, Tazz said "He sort of looks like Triple H ... just not physically" Sure, i get it, sort of

lol tazz is gay. john cena to lose at the summer slam games as booker likes to call it...ORTON FOR THE WIN.........wat do u guys thing about the new Big Daddy V very handsome young lad

For those that watched RAW last night, I think Tazz had one of those moments where he had every intention of saying something that made sense, and then really didn't. When Booker brought on the impost HHH, Tazz said "He sort of looks like Triple H ... just not physically" Sure, i get it, sort of

Know exactly what you mean there. Apparently having Tazz replace Lawler this week was a test run to see how JR and Tazz would work together - and possibly be the new announce team for Raw - with Lawler switching to ECW and occasionaly wrestling there.

The combo of JR and King has been great for 10yrs - no need to change it. Tazz is probably the least entertaining commentator, maybe even more so than Michael Cole (mind you I thought Cole did a good job at SNME with JR and JBL).

If they were going to swap someone, swap Lawler with JBL. JBL is gold on the mic. He's the best thing to come to SD in a long time.

Big Daddy V has come such a long way since the days of King Mabel. He is one of the best things on ECW since the draft. Soon he'll be moved to SD to feud with Taker - Matt Striker is an awesome mouthpiece for him too.

I'm so pumped for HHH returning - can't wait. Also looking forward to seeing Candice v Beth Phoenix. On onother note, in the tag match on Raw, Candice's roll-up was pretty impressive. Don't think i've ever seen that before ever!.

--------------------------------------

On a local note, THIS SATURDAY Perth's own Explosive Pro Wrestling are having their next event "Desperate Measures" in which the main event will be the "Awe Inspiring" Shane Haste (one of the best high flyers in the country) vs current EPW Champ Jimmy Payne (one of the best all round wrestlers in OZ - Been champ since May 2006 - 15 months) in only EPW's second ever CAGE MATCH

If you're in Perth its worth checking out. Held at the Venville Rec Centre on Guildford Rd, Maylands. Tickets from Ticketmaster or available at the door.
Doors open 6.45pm with the show starting at 7pm. Tickets are only $18.
$18 for 3-4hrs of the best Aussie wrestling is a pretty good deal.

Its an event not to be missed.

Back
Top Bottom