State of Origin

jimcross

I don't know how many of you are following the Bowling State of Origin series, from Gosford City Bowl currently screening on TVS Television?

Isn't it amazing how accurately the series is reflecting the relative bowling skills in both states?
Jim.

I know you would rather see a grind fest where 188 defeats 172 however history has shown that does not make for good TV. It was the tournament directors to set a house pattern, I thought the scores were just fine for what we were doing.

It was a good series, the wrong team won thats all ;)

Saw it today at the bowl.....great concept. Hope to see more of it. It's always more interesting when you know the bowlers. I couldn't hear the commentary but still made for good viewing.

G'Day,

Anything to promote the sport is good.

Imagine if we could add some heat like the NRL. Someone throws a bad shot, gets sin binned for a few frames for kicking a ball return.

Back chatting the officials and they get marched five metres back and have to bowl from there!

Jokes a side, it really is good to
a: see the blues in control and
b: the independent centres making a difference.

Well done to Interbowl.

Your certainly correct about the support of Interbowl. They deserve all the praise for organising the field and all the time, money and effort that went into striving to get and keep bowling in front of the public eye.

My heartfelt congrtulations and thanks.

Kevin Webb, the Interbowl manager, worked very hard to make this happen, and he works tirelessly to try and improve the profile of our sport, most of his efforts, quite often go un-noticed, so it is good to see people recognising the effort that people, & companies, like Kevin & Interbowl, put into our sport.

Next round screens on TVS 7:00 pm tomorrow ( friday) night

Not in a metropolitan area? watch on your computer. tvs.org.au

Qld viewers needn't bother. No good watching defeat after defeat.

Especially when some inconsiderate cockroach gobs off and tells everyone the results before they air. Ever heard the term 'spoiler', Jim?

Especially when some inconsiderate cockroach gobs off and tells everyone the results before they air. Ever heard the term 'spoiler', Jim?

Robbie, I had NO IDEA what the results were ( or are? ) prior to your post. I was just doing a bit of a stir - hopefully to also stir up some more interest and get more people watching.

Whatever your'e on , stop taking it.

So... you made this up?

Oh, for god's sake. Those are the results ( 4 : 1 ) from the episodes already televised, and shown 3 times so far on TVS,- last Friday, Saturday and Monday.

You'd have done well in Dodge City in the days of Wyatt Earp. Shooting from the hip was the in thing at that time.

I think its a great move to promote the sport,we are also trying to improve it by starting our junior Bowling Academy between Gosford and Bateau,hoping to get kids interested enough in the sport to progress with the right coaching.So any move by interbowl to create awareness and publicity i think is a good thing.
Cheers

Oh, for god's sake. Those are the results ( 4 : 1 ) from the episodes already televised, and shown 3 times so far on TVS,- last Friday, Saturday and Monday.

You'd have done well in Dodge City in the days of Wyatt Earp. Shooting from the hip was the in thing at that time.

Jim, some people dont already know the previous matches have been televised and are also available for viewing on the Tenpin Bowling Shows You Tube Channel. They think you are spoiling the surprise lol.

For everyones info, they have the first 5 shows up at present, and you can watch live streaming on the tv channel if your connection is good enough, when they are televised.

There are some great matches coming up I can assure you

And mate, I think there have been some great matches to date so far, the last one with the Baker format, I thought that was pretty good, especially the part where we got more strikes than you guys ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom