Australia v World All Stars challenge - who will win?

Can Team Australia defeat the World Team?

• We have little to no chance of beating them

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • We have a good chance of creating an upset

Votes: 67 70.5%
  • It's going to be a white wash, Australia to dominate!

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
This will be an amazing event to watch, commencing 3pm on Thursday the 20th October directly after the conclusion of Rachuig at Rooty Hill. A single lane event, there will be seating on either side of the lane as well as behind the playing area. Lane conditions will be a toucher easier than the Nationals pattern ensuring high scores for TV and perhaps the opportunity at another perfecto on Aussie TV.

See Team Australia take on some of the Worlds best including PBA Player of the Year Mika Koivuniemi

Press release below...... do you think we can win? I certainly do!

Bowling fans will be treated to a thrilling spectacle next month when Australia takes on a team of five international superstars in a made-for-television competition series – the AMF Australian Masters INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE. Action on the lanes will commence at 3pm on Thursday, 20 October at AMF Bowling, Rooty Hill in Sydney and spectators are welcome.

The bowlers representing Australia match the 4-male and 1-female international team, and include some of this country’s most experienced and versatile bowlers. Defending Masters champion Sam Cooley, Australian representatives George Frilingos and Jason Walsh, and winner of this year’s prestigious ESPY Award, Jason Belmonte will be joined by Carol Gianotti whose stellar career has recently been rewarded by induction into the USBC Hall of Fame.

Opposing this talented line-up will be another highly awarded team of athletes that Australian fans rarely have the opportunity to see in a real-time contest with their local heroes. Current PBA Player of the Year, Mika Koivuniemi from Finland, PBA bowlers Mike Fagan and Tommy Jones from the United States and Canadian-born pro-bowler Dan MacLelland are the male team members, with USBC Queens and QubicaAMF World Cup champion Lynda Barnes from Texas completing this high profile group of international players.

The International Challenge will comprise a series of singles, doubles and team matches in which the winner of each match will be awarded points to determine the overall champion of the inaugural 2011 AMF Australian Masters INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE.

Arena seating around a single lane will create an intense and visually exciting atmosphere for the event that will subsequently be produced into a series of up to nine television episodes. These shows will be televised via the digital TV platforms of TVS Sydney, QCTV Brisbane, C31 Melbourne/Geelong, C44 Adelaide and WTV Perth, and will be available to a global audience online, 24 hours after being televised, via TenpinBowlingShow's Channel - YouTube.

Admission is free, and spectators are invited to join the audience for this unique bowling competition that promises an exciting display of some of the world’s top tenpin talent.

That is going to be AWESOME to watch I reckon!! I hope I can be there at 3pm, might have to pencil in a day off at work!

It's a shame that the team couldn't have had 3 males and 2 females.

Was lucky enough to see an event like this in Malaysia and it was fantastic.

This may never happen again in this country, certainly a great arguement to put to spouses and/or bosses :) or maybe you'll be feeling sick on that day ;)

Thankfully, no-one at my work frequents this website, so I think I can already feel myself becoming sick next Thursday!! :D

Thankfully, no-one at my work frequents this website, so I think I can already feel myself becoming sick next Thursday!! :D

hey Andy you did look sick on Tuesday, maybe you're coming down with something....

An absolute superb initiative by I assume TBA. This will be a great spectacle and I for one will be fighting for a seat!!

I have no doubt this event will be hugely popular with everyone involved and i for one hope the challenge becomes an annual event!!

Is there a supplier of Aussie Flags nearby Rooty Hill???

I'm surprised the likes of Michael Little, Glen Loader and Paul Trotter aren't in this team or even AMP!

Unfortunately you can't fit everyone in the team...would be hard to argue for any of the bowlers included not to be there.

Let's just hope the crowd gets behind the Aussie team, for some reason we seem to love supporting the "others" guys whenever they compete over here. I am happy they are coming and it is no doubt great for our sport but lets cheer on OUR guys to give them a true home ground advantage :)

Press release below...... do you think we can win? I certainly do!
Absolutley! Should be a great match-up and should make for some great TV. Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Are Sportsbet et al covering this? Be interesting to get some market action on this one.

Unfortunately you can't fit everyone in the team...would be hard to argue for any of the bowlers included not to be there.

Let's just hope the crowd gets behind the Aussie team, for some reason we seem to love supporting the "others" guys whenever they compete over here. I am happy they are coming and it is no doubt great for our sport but lets cheer on OUR guys to give them a true home ground advantage :)

I agree, nothing worse than bowling finals here in our own country when an international bowler is also bowling and they get more support than the local. Sure don't get the same response if we travel to another country.

So I say support our guys and hope we can smash the internationals across all events! :cool:

i voted "We have a good chance of creating an upset"

I dont think many people will be "upset" but haha. Good luck to the guys and gals, i'd say we're a great chance.

Hey Guys and Gals,

Never say never. The land of Down Under is always in with a chance, it is a part of our up-bringing.

But please, Sam, can you organize the uniforms, it would be great to see our lot looking flash as!

Hey Guys and Gals,

Never say never. The land of Down Under is always in with a chance, it is a part of our up-bringing.

But please, Sam, can you organize the uniforms, it would be great to see our lot looking flash as!

I spoke to Cara about having matching pants, perhaps our design of the Aussie Flag, but black would go down better with the rest of the team, and I can't see George or Belmo wearing a pair of Loudmouth Pants, George would need a mirror to check himself out :p

Also the distributor here is on annual leave and won't be able to organise sizes and shipping details in such a short amount of time.

Change your flight! When will you get this opportunity again? (He says changing plans and determining how best to pitch this to the wife...)

Am changing my flights tomorrow! haha... And what misses! ;) Glory of not reporting to anyone but MUM :p

Why the single lane?

I hate the single lane format.

I think it's much more challenging to bowl on two lanes rather than just one, as there is always a variation between two lanes, the bowler usually needs to make adjustments, making it more challenging, and showing their true talent, rather than just dropping it in a ditch(if there is one).

Personal experience has shown that sometimes you can have a good shot on one lane, but find it hard to carry on the other, and needs a lot of adjustment to get the right result.

Just my personal view.

Why the single lane?

I think it's much more challenging to bowl on two lanes rather than just one, as there is always a variation between two lanes, the bowler usually needs to make adjustments, making it more challenging, and showing their true talent, rather than just dropping it in a ditch(if there is one).

Personal experience has shown that sometimes you can have a good shot on one lane, but find it hard to carry on the other, and needs a lot of adjustment to get the right result.

Just my personal view.

Or, conversely, all bowlers bowling on one lane, will make the lane break down quicker, and bowlers will have to make adjustments, and quickly I'd imagine...

Why the single lane?

Just my personal view.

I think we all know these bowlers have the talent and all have proven their skills on the world stage. This event is about trying to push Tenpin Bowling into the public eye, not about the bowlers struggling their way to a 200 game cause the condition is tough and people out there going, gee i can do that, whats so special about them.

Big scores make for exciting bowling where everyone will be cheering their heads off, which in turn might make people a bit more interested in going for a bowl.

I say let there be a ditch, and let the scores be huge. And let the aussies carry more than the yanks

The serious bowling will be had in the days following!!

Also George should be allowed to wear his white see throughs, that may just give us the advantage!!

Go Aussie!!

Back
Top Bottom