Seniors Melbourne Cup

ms

is retired...
Hey..

Does anyone know if they are doing live scores on any sites for the Seniors Melbourne Cup? Since it is at Mooroolbark, I thought they would either be on tenpin.org or bowlersworld.. But apparently not, well if they are, i can't find it.. Please someone help me :lol:

Cheers
Martina

I too was under the impression that the scores were going to be live on the Vic TBA website, but after just visiting there it seems not to be.

However, trusty Jag has just been on the mobile to report in, and I can give you the top 12 for tomorrow's final - men only, though, as the ladies scores had not been printed when the ride to the motel was leaving........

1. Steve Kiss 1891
2. Jeff Elliott 1853
3. Brian King 1810
4. Greg Lyas 1785
5. Steve Bell 1768
6. Paul Madden 1749
7. Rod Stewart 1715
8. Vic Trevaskus 1675
9. Bill Thorpe 1651
10. David Jordan 1647
11. Tonny Cottrell 1642
12. Lawrie Hill 1641

Sorry if any of the spelling is incorrect, but that happens!!!

Interesting to note that there is only one left hander in the final field......don't know what the condition was out there today, but it sure didn't pay to be a lefty.........from all reports there was absolutely nothing on the left....

Good luck to all the finalists tomorrow

Broni (the wife of a lefthander!!!) :(

My apologies for the delay and misunderstanding but I never intended to have them as Live Scores (only as results).

VTBA State Championships are also on this weekend, so I'm busy preparing all these scores for the VTBA website.

Now if I knew how to clone myself . . . I could do both.

Just had the Seniors Cup results faxed to me and have had to re-type them for upload to the VTBA website as follows:

qualifying.gif

Hey there....

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU Peter Coburn - where would we be with out you.. :D Not just us, but TBA in general I spose....

Good luck to the SOUTH AUSSIES in the field - good to see so many went over...

And Jeanette, if you read this, you go girl! How do you do it?? Being away from the sport for so long, but yet still bowl like the champion you are!! Well done Aunty Nette.... :lol:

So, hopefully we might get results as soon as they can get em..

Goodluck Jeff, Greig and Tony..

Martina

Might be a little light on numbers out there but some legends in both fields(Kiss, Stewart,Bridges,JB plus quite a few more) Just hope i'm still a player in 16 years when i 'step up' to seniors( Steve Kiss is amazing BTW, no title is safe while the king of Geelong still reigns)

Once again my apologies for the delay in uploading these scores. State Masters went past 7.00pm today and I just got home not long ago.

Men's Matchplay Results
men_matchplay.gif

Women's Matchplay Results
women_matchplay.gif

Seniors Ranking Points for this event will be added to the TBA Rankings List and uploaded to the TBA website within the next 24 hours.

Bowlers are reminded that to take part in the TBA National Rankings Tour for 2003 you will need to forward a completed Ranking Registration Form to TBA either by fax, post or via the Online Ranking Registration at the TBA website.

It has become necessary to introduce this so that correct divisions can be allocated according to age, particularly with the introduction of Seniors Division this year.

As from the 21st April 2003 only those bowlers that have registered will be included on the ranking lists.

UNHAPPY BOWLER

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE VICTORIAN SENIORS ORGANISATION FOR THE FRIENDLY WELCOME WE FROM THE A.C.T. RECEIVED, ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO COMMEND THE BOWLING CENTRE AND ITS STAFF FOR THE EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY SERVICE.
MORE ON THE PONDEROSA BARBI TOMORROW.
RAY

Left Out.......

Having just returned from the Seniors Melbourne Cup at Ed Fleming Lanes Mooroolbark, I too, would like to echo the sentiment previously mentioned by my ACT mate Ray....I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with old ATBSO friends, and appreciated the hospitality shown me by the Victorian bowlers and committee (and I didn't once say "Kick A Vic"!!) Special thanks to Sue Cade who kindly provided the taxi service between the bowl and our motel on both days of the tournament.

I congratulate the Victorian committee on the way they presented the progressive scores and the final results, along with the well thought out personal score sheets, which I felt were well worth hanging on to.

For me, the disappointing side of the trip was reflected in the condition that was laid down (or not laid down, you pick) on the left hand side of the lane. I have not been in the position til now to be able to travel to interstate tournaments, apart from the Nationals, due to the economics of having lived in Darwin, but maybe I have been wrongly led to believe that major tournament conditions are set out to be fair to ALL the bowlers regardless of what hand they use to bowl. I am not in the habit of criticising lane conditions, that is not what I am about....every time I step on the approach my aim is to bowl the best ball I can, and I can only hope that the centres I bowl in appreciate my money as much as they do a right handers! It was interesting to have pointed out to me by 2 Victorian bowlers that in the 11 years that Mooroolbark has been open, 42 perfect games have been recorded, and NONE of them has been by a lefty....... :roll: ENOUGH SAID

I learned quite a deal from my first little trip away, and I am certainly looking forward to the next event in Adelaide.

Jagga 8)

by the way, the missus really appreciated the $500 dollar bottle of Jim Beam that I scored in the raffle!!!! :wink:

Lefties and Ed Fleming Lanes

In the four years that I have lived in Australia Mooroolbark has always favoured right handed bowlers. The left side is playable and if you're having a great day it's possible to make the top 5. But on the whole..I'd say a lefty has a 15 pin per game disadvantage at Ed Fleming Lanes.

Those bowlers who readi these boards will know that little fact.
Or better yet, just ask for an honest opinion re any centre in Australia and I'm sure one or more of the elite bowlers who post on this site will be more than happy to give you their opinion.

Wayne Chester

Whilst I have not commented on lanes favouring one side in a long time I feel I must support Wayne on his views. It's just one of those centres, no matter what they do with the machine the right always seems to play easier. You can almost gaurentee that no lefties will make the cut this year at the Melbourne Cup either (there was only 1 last year and he came last in matchplay). For all those righties who believe its because the lefties just werent good enough, we all know that is not true.

Even the AO this year favoured the right handed power players. Cara did win the event but she is an athlete way beyond the standard of bowling we participate in. Caras own words stated she was surprised she beat the power players. I bowled extremely well to come 10th, there were no other lefties in the top 16. I came 10th, there was 1 lefty, Trots in front of me and the rest were 7 right handed power players.

Ed Fleming lanes is the same, for whatever reason lefties just dont do so well. Then there are some centres where lefties have an advantage. Its going to happen from time to time, unfortunetly when this happens the participants from the disadvantaged side no longer donate to the prizefund and entries decrease over time.

I wont be at the Melbourne Cup this year, I've found some other events to bowl. Good luck to all the participants, we can all look at the top 16 in 3 weeks time and we will see if my prediction is right. My guess, 1 lefty in the top 16 if that.

FYI, the 2002 Melbourne Under 23 Tenpin Cup was bowled at Ed Fleming Lanes in September last year and won by a lefty albeit a two handed one in Anthony Morrell.

He beat off some class youth bowlers in Mickey Z, Belmo, Jarrod Lean, Matto and Mick Little.

Peter no offence but I am 99% sure it may have been on a different pattern than the Melbourne Cup of 2002. I watched Anthony bowl last year in the Melbuorne Cup and the guy bearly avg 190. A big contrast to his 240 avg in the youth event.

George,

No offence taken but in your post you didn't mention anything about the pattern and therefore I assumed that:

Ed Fleming lanes is the same, for whatever reason lefties just dont do so well.

was a statement in general about EFL.

BARBI AT THE PONDEROSA

AGAIN I NEED TO THANK THE VICTORIAN ATBSO FOR THEIR FRIENDLY WELCOME AND SUPPORT TO THE ACT BOWLERS.
WE WERE ASKED TO ATTEND A BARBI AT THE PONDAROSA [STEPHEN BELLS NAME FOR DAVID JORDANS PLACE] CAN YOU AMAGINE 1000 ACRES IN THE MIDDLE OF MELBOURNE, EATING TILL YOU COULD NOT EAT NO MORE, DRINKING TILL YOU FELL OF YOUR CHAIR PLUS COMPANY THAT KNOWS HOW TO ENJOY THEMSELVES TALKING ABOUT BOWLING AND EVERY SUBJECT YOU MAY WISH TO NAME. SOMEBODY SHOULD ASK DAVE ABOUT THE TIME HE WAS BAILED UP BY A STAG ON HIS BLOCK.
GREAT NIGHT !!!!!
THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE TO THANK BUT I MUST THANK DAVE, STEVE, [KEVIN & JANNET WHERE WE STAYED] PATRICK, SIMON.
GREAT WEEKEND :D :D :D :D :D :D
I WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT LANE CONDITIONS BUT I DID FINISH 20TH.

:lol: Yeah, Jeff, you can blame Jagga for that faux pas! Sorry Bill!

Broni 8)

I'd just like to add my congratulations to the ATBSOV for a very well run and organised tournament. Particularly to Steve and Sue for a job very well done.
And to the management and staff at EFL for a great condition (at least on the right) for (most of) us to bowl on.
All five from SA cashed and it was great to catch up with so many other interstaters.
Most of all, congratulations to Brian on winning the event.
Not 1 sub-200 in 19 games is a magnificient achievement and he thoroughtly deserved to win. Well done Brian.
I'm looking forward to next year already.

Regards....Greig

Back
Top Bottom