Melbourne Tenpin Cup

E

edfleminglanes

It has been brought to my attention that a rumour is going around that the Melbourne Tenpin Cup will not be on this year. That is completely untrue.

The Melbourne Tenpin Cup is on, as always, over the Queen's Birthday weekend in June. The entry fee will be $295 & the payout is still guaranteed at 1 in 2. Squad times & format are the same as last year & entry forms should be available at the Australian Open & Vic150. However, we are trying entries now.

Also, we are holding 2 cup spots (on the Cup pattern) at Ed Fleming Lanes - 1st Good Friday at 2.30pm; 2nd Sunday April 7 at 9.30am. Both are 10 game roll offs for $60 & there will be a cup spot for every 30 entries. There is also prize money on the day (based on entries).

Finally, if in future anybody heres rumours about anything to do with the Melbourne Tenpin Cup or Ed Fleming Lanes can they please just contact me for the real story.

Look forward to seeing you at the Cup.

Hi Simon,

Can you confirm those dates for the 10 game tournaments. Just wanted to check because April 7th is a Wednesday.

Thanks

Crazzed you are right that dated is a Wednesday. The date should have been Sunday 6 June 2004. I have had a really brain explosion.

Sorry to all

Another correction from first post is that we are taking (not trying) entries for the Melbourne Tenpin Cup already.

Also, with the Cup spots if you are a Senior or Youth bowler you will get the choice of taking an entry into either the Seniors Melbourne Cup or U/23 Melbourne Cup instead of the Melbourne Tenpin Cup & we will pay you cash for the difference - ie the Melbourne Tenpin Cup entry is $295 & if you take a spot in the U/23 Melbourne Cup (entry maybe $175) you would get $120 in cash.

Hi Simon

Can you please put my name down (David Sniedze) as being interested in bowling in the Melbourne Tenpin Cup. At this stage I am thinking of bowling in either A or B squad. I can't say definate at this stage until after the weekend. It will depend on Rachuig trials and the committments involved with that should I bowl out of my ass well enough :lol!: to get into the team. I will send an entry form when they are available to be downloaded. Do you know when they will be available??

THANKS

David

Not a problem. If you want I can send you a newsletter about this years Cup.

Thanks Simon

I have just downloaded and read the newsletter that Graham has just posted. 8)

Melbourne Tenpin Cup Spot

Just to let you know there will be another Melbourne Tenpin Cup spot at Ed Fleming Lanes. It will be Saturday 5 June 2004 at 9.30am (check in 9am). The spot will be $60 for 10 games & bowled on the Melbourne Cup pattern. There will be 1 cup spot for every 30 entries & prize money for the minoring placings.

You can either email me with your entry or ring Ed Fleming Lanes to book in.

Kegal Seminar

CXI have just finalised arrangements with Ed Fleming Lanes to host a Kegel Seminar in conjuction with the Australian Diamond Company Melbourne Tenpin Cup. The seminar will be Friday afternoon 11 June at a cost of $40, this will included 1 hour practice on the Melbourne Cup pattern after the seminar.

The seminar will be covering the following;
1- The 5 divioins of Kegel & the resaech behind them
2- What it takes to be a lane man with the technology of today
3- It is not jus the oil pattern
4- Surface topography & inconsistencies from lane to lane
5- Surface textures
6- A little history of oil
7- Bowling ball tracks of taday & yesterday
8- Depletions & ruts in the oil pattern
9- Bowling psychology
10- A little history of the past
11- What made the sport great for all of these years
12- History of the PBA

We are offering a package of $330 for those who wish to attend the seminar & bowl in the Melbourne Tenpin Cup.

Please email me at [email protected] if you wish to attend & I will send you further information.

simon
will you be running something on the friday night
mybe a cup spot or a skins .
This would be great for any interstaters flying in on the friday.

cheers
lee matthey qld

Melbourne Tenpin Cup Squad List

Attached is the updated Squad list for the Melbourne Tenpin Cup - Currently 38 entries.

Also, it has been brought to my attention that in the newsletter it stated that we would oil before C Squad both days, this is a mistake. The oiling will be before A & C on Saturday and B & D on Sunday as always.

Sorry Simon, you will have to count me out, ATBSO state champs and rolloff are same weekend :cry: ....I did leave a message at the bowl after AO...

Barry Morgan

Barry

Thanks for letting me know. I have fix the squad list.

Melbourne Tenpin Cup Squad List

Attached is latest list - 40 entries already. D Squad filling fast if anybody wants it.

Back
Top Bottom