sean rash vs belmo

There's always the possibility that Belmo intentially tried to put Rash off. Either that or it was staged by the PBA/WWE

If you honestly believe that then youre a bigger idiot that everyone thinks (and I can tell you thats pretty big)

There's an extended clip here.. Extended Clip: Rash/Belmonte Bottle Incident - Video

you can see at 1:31 Belmo goes looking under his chair for the water bottle, and its obviously made a sound when hes pulled it up.. He admits it straight away, but rash, with his back turned, immediately jumps to the conclusion that it was done on purpose.

Rash looks like the moron that he is.

Love your comment Jase. The way I look at it is that Sean needs to spell his surname with a capital T!

Well done Belmo/Storm. Hold your head high Jase, you are doing us all extremely proud!

Grant

More to the point it's my opinion that what Rash said was premeditated. He knew if he struck exactly what he was going to turn around and say. I understand the theatre he was in but still think it was unprofessional and somthing I'd be embarrassed by after doing it.

Hey Guys,

I have said this before about the bottle issue in the last Belmo bottle issue discussed on this Forum regarding Belmo and Angelo. Having seen the longer version, it was as I thought, something may be missing.

Yes I believe Belmo is a great bowler and champion of Australian Sport, but I would have been really dissapointed if he did not poke Sean Rash with a stick and try and upset him.

It's the Aussie thing to do. Having a bit of a poke is what Australian's do best. We dish it out and smile when we get a reaction, it is part of culture. The difference is, Australian's generally have a laugh and react with "good onya mate" when we are poked. We all remember the kid from school that would over react, what was the first thing you did every day, poke him. Today that kids name is Sean and he reacted. Job done.

That is what makes us Australian's who we are. It is what Australia was built on. It is part of our fabric as a sporting nation. It's called "having a go mate."

Unfortunately not many American's get it like we do.

I have known Jason Belmonte for a number of years, and have even had the honour and privelege of bowling against him on a few occasions. In my experience, he is nothing but a nice guy, trying to make his way in this world.

Of course that will surprise nobody on this forum.

The best impression I ever got of Jason as a person, was during the stepladder final of the South Pacific Classic at AMF Moorabbin in Melbourne, Australia. This was either 2004 or 2005, I can't recall which year it was.

Anyway, Jason had just been knocked out of the stepladder final by George Frilingos. I have no doubt that he would have been angry and disappointed over the reasons why he got knocked out. It just so happened that at that part way through the next match, a couple of young girls, probably about 7-8 years old, started to play one of those very noisy air hockey games, and the noise was reverberating around the centre. Jason took it upon himself to get the girls to be quiet, so that the bowlers remaining in the stepladder got a 'fair go'. Not only that, but he did this is a way that did not scare the girls - by talking with them, not down to them - and in fact they followed him around the centre for a while afterwards.

Taking this sort of action - to give the remaining bowlers a fair go even though he had just been knocked out - speaks volumes of Jason Belmonte as a person. To do so in a manner that was nice to the young girls, also speaks volumes of Jason as a person.

After seeing the recent 'bottlegate' incidents on youtube, I find it extremely hard to believe that there was any deliberate action on Belmonte's part - in either incident. Yes, plastic water bottles do pop from time to time - if they are that distracting maybe they should be banned from the PBA, and sipper bottles (as used by football players) should be used instead. In fact, that might be a sponsorship opportunity for a company willing to put their logo on the sipper bottles that the pro's use.

David.

ffs wayne, i also ignore the tripe you type on here but after this low blow and after the comment you made about our team breaking the Aust record last week (in the high game/series achievements thread) i could not help but say something this time ....ditto to what Jarrod said and ditto to what George said.....
Doug

ffs wayne, i also ignore the tripe you type on here but after this low blow and after the comment you made about our team breaking the Aust record last week (in the high game/series achievements thread) i could not help but say something this time ....ditto to what Jarrod said and ditto to what George said.....
Doug

Uh Oh, Drug Beard is on douche patrol! Look out hahahahaha.

In all seriousness, how many times does someone need to say and reiterate constantly, that they didn't do something on purpose, only for people to continually go, nope, I know better and this is how it was. Some peoples eyes and ears must be painted on. Crazy.

It's possible that the Brunswick boys are playing schoolyard games whenever they hear a click and gang up on the Aussie too. It's just as preposterous a proposition, Wayne. I think Belmo is putting the wind up a few of them. And good on him. That's why he's spending all that time away from home. And let's face it, Rash wasn't exactly Steve Nagy award material. Wal Brooker makes a very good contextual point earlier in this thread. Money's too tight to mention on tour right now and a lot of these guys would be sitting on mortgages with more than their homes, so there's all sorts of context behind this scene we don't know about.

One more factor to consider is that in the US, bottled water usually in these cheap, nasty crackly bottles. They are starting to appear here too. As the tap water in say, Las Vegas is almost undrinkable, you are stuck with something like Aquafina (the only thing close to the quality of water we have in this country) which comes in these crappy bottles. It's yet another of the myriad subtle lifestyle adjustments of living in the US, like finding good bread (very difficult) or public transport, (only in tourist routes). I threw some brands of bottled water away, they were so bad. Adelaide tap water is much better than some of that swill.

But anyway, it's really easy to make a noise with one of these bottles. With the shot clock, you have to dry your mouth under pressure when the other guy is up or wait for the commercial break.

Belmo has said his bit. Now he can talk with his ball.

Go hard mate.

Hi Jason (JD),

I could not agree more. Belmo is one of the reason that I started bowling after 24 years off. I came across him on youtube. There was this young guy living the dream I had as a Junior, bowling on the PBA and making it.

I think everybody here, including myself, is extremely proud of him for A: sticking to his bowling style, and B: doing Australia proud. I emailed his fan site two years ago before returning to bowlig to say well done and keep up the good work.

So, as I said before, I would be disapointed if he did not give Mr Rash a poke. Why not, just to see a reaction?

Whether he squeezed or not I could not careless, just as Mr Rash could not care to be a good sport and take it off line.

Squeeze away Belmo! Squeeze away.

Hi Jason (JD),

I could not agree more. Belmo is one of the reason that I started bowling after 24 years off. I came across him on youtube. There was this young guy living the dream I had as a Junior, bowling on the PBA and making it.

I think everybody here, including myself, is extremely proud of him for A: sticking to his bowling style, and B: doing Australia proud. I emailed his fan site two years ago before returning to bowlig to say well done and keep up the good work.

So, as I said before, I would be disapointed if he did not give Mr Rash a poke. Why not, just to see a reaction?

Whether he squeezed or not I could not careless, just as Mr Rash could not care to be a good sport and take it off line.

Squeeze away Belmo! Squeeze away.

I would be going a lot further and exploring the Belmonte branded drink bottles, water bottles, maybe mailing Rash a free sample with Belmos smiling face all over it or perhaps giving him the bird, copyright that stuff!

I thought Belmo conducted himself brilliantly. If it was me i would have burst out laughing and opened the bottle every time Rash picked up his ball. Might have got me into trouble but hey would have been worth the laugh

I think Belmo has handled it all pretty well
He is our Aussie man out there in the big bad world of Bowling
and he gets my vote
I think Rash was lucky it wasnt me he mouthed off to like that
I would have explained to him where the que was and recommended
how fast he could have placed himself at the end of it, If you get my drift

Rash has been fined by the PBA over the incident with Jason. They are not saying how much but the fact that they considered it necessary to do so means that they correctly are taking the matter seriously.

I will probably get flamed for this but, oh well.

I will start by saying that I'm sure Belmo didn't intentionally pop the bottle. The few times I have bowled with and against Jason, he has been nothing short of professional in every way, even during the fun that can be had during Rachuigs (never thanked him for allowing me to take the only full point he lost in 2005 ;)), and has helped promote the sport not only in this country, but across the 4 corners of the globe.

HOWEVER... after watching all the videos available of "Bottlegate", when it was brought to his attention in that match against Angelo that the bottle pops, cracks ect, why would he continue to pick it up while other players are preparing for their shots. The PBA set is very quiet. In the videos, you can even hear the turret belts whining on the machines. Any little sound could possibly be off putting. Constant sound isn't a problem like in league and qualifying, but a sudden noise when everything is quiet stands out.

If it were me, I'd be making sure that I didn't have that bottle any where near me while other players are preparing or up on the approach.

Again, I'm sure Belmo didn't intentionally play with the bottle, but it may be time to look into a Belmo/Storm branded sipper, or be more careful.

As for Rash's reaction, the guy is a tool. Totally lacked class. and I hope the PBA fined him ****loads. But, from now on, in the upcoming season the PBA will probably promote the crap out of it for ratings values if they ever go head to head on TV again.

Flame-retardant suit is now on :)

Back
Top Bottom